1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Storage

Jul 25, 2020

1. Right now? In original boxes, under the bed. I just don't have room in my apartment for a display! The living room/kitchen/hall all get a bunch of sun, so the resin dolls can't live there. (The OT ones, however, have a dollhouse in the middle of being spruced up.) And the bedroom is just big enough to fit a bed and a small nightstand with room for me to squeeze past.

Maybe a nightstand on the other side would work? Since it's just two MSDs. Hmm. I'd have to look.

The dream is getting a bigger space and using a big cabinet. Preferably something I could decorate some.

2. I like to have them on doll stands (the kind that grips their waist). It does mean they can get dusty, but I know if I put it away in a box it won’t come out often. I enjoy looking at them!

3. Speaking of doll storage - how does everyone store clothes, shoes, and wigs?

Mine are in their original packaging in cardboard boxes, but it's a jumbled mess.

4. Dolls are on a sofa next to my bed.

Wigs are in one of the doll boxes

Clothes are in one of the doll boxes

Props, eyes and accessories are in a wooden coffer that double as the dolls' coffee table

5. My display area is on top of my built-in shelving unit my late husband made for my books. Over the years it has been a good place because I keep that door closed always because it keeps down traffic dust. Being placed high in the room means I can only access them with a ladder, but it's worth it as, again, keeps dust minimized. Temp controlled, with NO SUNLIGHT.

Edited about 18 months later:
      All the BJDs are now in a large shelving unit. They are not behind glass, which is unfortunate, but I handle my kiddos fairly regularly as they evolve. I added closed cabinets for clothes storage, and have two large tables for projects and photography. I started lining each cubby with different themes. One has a floral background, another striped fabric from my stash that looks like wallpaper, another lined with cedar strips for a more rustic look, another cubby is lined with wooden shutters, another has an elegant carved wooden beer sign, and one is empty as a place to pile doll clothes projects, or 'put-aways'. There's Christmas lights draped for festivity. There's still more organizing to be done, but it's slowly coming along!

#45 Valdemagra, May 27, 2021
      Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    6. Right now, all of my dolls are displayed on top of my dresser, but I'm really thinking of getting a display case or something for them because I have two very curious cats who are excellent at knocking things over...

7. I got a tip on how to store my resin from a helpful doa member; I got some tissue paper sheets from Amazon and a chest of draws, lined each draw with the paper and placed my dolls inside it keeps them clean and safely away from pets etc

8. My dolls have their own corner with the furniture. One is always chilling in bed (reading, surfing the net, that kind of things), others are sitting on a big chair. The point is I have only 3 dolls and giving them some space is no problem. x)

Clothes are stored in a special doll shelf. :3

9. That's an interesting take on putting them in a glass case, very clever!

10. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I found a doll stand at the thrift store yesterday for him. I'd like to make him a sort of room to keep in the corner of my room where the sun doesn't really hit.

11. I store my outfits (and some wigs) in these bags. They're actually meant for hair extensions but they work like mini-garment bags :sweat lol

[​IMG]

12. My dolls are on display in 3 different cabinets with glass doors, and a few sitting around elsewhere. I can't imagine keeping them stored away- though I suppose if I did that, I'd have way less dolls because I'd lose interest when I can't see them! :lol:

All their stuff (clothes, shoes, wigs, etc) is stored in plastic tubs, somewhat organized into large ziplock bags. Company boxes that are simply constructed get carefully unglued at the corners and folded flat for storage. These are stored with the flattened shipper boxes in a closet. All their various pillows are kept in a huge plastic bag in the closet, too. Fancy boxes that can't be flattened are stored under my bed.

13. Ok, but that's F-ing briliant. :abow:
      I think I might need to do that now.

Mine are a hot mess, stuck in a tubberware container (Fancy, I know)

14. I definitely recommend them! The hangers are "clamp" style with a strip of felt on each side. I used to store everything in plastic totes, this saves me SO much time when looking for something. And the bags are noise free. I swear some outfits come in the noisiest crinkle plastic bags that could wake the dead.

15. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, Is that a miniature doll closet or are the doll clothes bigger than I thought??

16. Hahaha! The bags are approximately 23.5" long. I like fantasy style outfits which tend to have long capes etc and I mostly only collect larger dolls.
      But it is also a small closet with a sloped ceiling LOL

17. I use an Ikea Pax wardrobe to house my dolls, standing with doll stands on a shelf, with a shelf for the craft supplies, a shelf for their clothes, a shelf for Nendoroids and nendo accessories and small BJD boxes, and then my BJD travel bag and assorted stuff is on the bottom shelf. Ontop of the Pax wardrobe I store my BJD boxes to the ceiling :)

18. I have a large lantern big enough to fit up to 60cm doll. I ended up leaving them on bookcase where I store doll furnitures and tiny collections. But it gets sunny as sun moves between seasons so I have to migrate them. I am going to utilise the large lantern again and buy another smaller lantern to store smaller dolls. That way I can easily cover to avoid the sun rays

19. Hi everyone.

So I was going through my collection and have noticed I accumulated quite a few floating heads that I swap between bodies.

Today I solved my storage issue by making a padded divider box. I bought a collapsible mug storage case off Amazon that had a very sturdy shell and dividers. I got a bunch of 1 inch foam scraps from work and cut padding out of it then lined them with fleece I chopped up and sewed around the foam from a baby blanket I had for another project (that I canceled)

Now all my doll heads that aren't on bodies have a snug pillowed pocket that also holds the face protector in place.

Here's the end result. Hope this may help others with their storage solution.

2 - Pillowed Mug Case.jpg
      2 - Mug Case.jpg

20. I keep mine in a closed cupboard to protect them from dust, sunlight or any other potential hazards. I have other hobbies (and pets) and I make quite a mess at times, so they're much safer out of the way until I need them.
      Same with all their accessories, those are kept in little plastic drawers which fit nicely on the shelves of the same cupboard. I keep any spare eyes and their jewelry in small plastic bags in a little plastic craft storage organiser.

#60 Sprouty, Nov 1, 2022
      Last edited: Nov 1, 2022