1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll undergarments a necessity?

Dec 1, 2016

1. Whenever I order a new bjd the first thing I do is order them one-two pairs of panties! All my girls and boys have undies. . . . except two now that I am thinking of it. . . . Something I will have to change in the near future.
      I just feel more comfortable with my dolls wearing underwear, maybe because I change their clothes often? I do not think my dolls appreciate just sitting on the bed or counter fully nude when there is a wardrobe change.
      Are undergarments necessary? Not really unless they are being used for stain-prevention measures; I just really like that they will never be 'accidentally indecent'.

2. Depends on how they make the rest of the outfit looks.

3. I agree with most everyone else on this; it's more of a preference thing. I guess if I put myself in my doll's shoes I wouldn't want to go commando if I could help it but there is also the part of me that's lazy when I'm dressing her. Lol

And there is also the thought that it can help keep clothes from staining your doll. There are pros and cons to both sides. Maybe buy a couple pairs and try using them and go from there? :)

#183 CagedAglaia, Jan 1, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    4. I don't have any yet, but I intend to get my girls some simply, because they're cute! I think the tiny doll panties are adorable, haha, but I'm not super concerned about realism.

5. My boys never wear underwear. They say no no no. So what can I do. lol

6. I always make sure my dolls have underwear, it feels weird without even when they are mostly wearing covering kimonos and such. White lace underwear is super cute plus it won't stain and they are super lightweight and won't make any creases through lighter clothing either. Only reason my girls wouldn't wear a bra is if there is skin showing backside of the clothes and the underwear doesn't fit with that style.

7. More often than not I find undergarments to cause lumpy appearance to over garments, especially tops. And it's another thing to possibly cause staining.

8. If my dolls are in skirts or dresses I feel undies are a must. I bought some, but I've also made some. If they are in pants or shorts the undies don't always work and I take them off depending on how tight the pants are.

9. Commando for my girls because its comfortable (lol) and also because I don't want extra clothing bulking out their otherwise streamlined and perfected outfits. If that makes sense?

10. I made some for mine but depending on their joints depends on if they stayed. I made some for a female doll (not mine) they looked great but got stuck in her joints so they've been done away with.

11. My doll came with underwear on so I didn't have to buy him any, but I probably will get more pairs of briefs in the future because I like stylizing every aspect of clothing on a doll's body. It makes him seem more human to me in the sense that us humans don't have just one or no pair of undies. I don't think it's necessary though because as some people say, it can be a hassle.

12. My SD16 is always wearing white undergarments but my SDMidi is not. Somehow I think that the more realistic looking doll (SD16) definitely needs them while I think that undergarments for the more child-like SDMidi aren't a necessity.

13. I typically use underwear as a modesty thing.

Most of my girls wear skirts and I just feel better to have them all wear underwear. And the only boy doll didn't have trousers for the longest time (because I'm picky and I refused to spend close to 30$ on doll pants) so I just slipped on a pair of underpants so no surprises happen (people are always shocked when they find out bjds can be automatically correct).

I don't find much use for bras though (unless I need to pad out a shirt for a better fit).

14. Yes, my dolls wear underclothing. They are all little girls and I could not have them running around without underwear. Sometimes they wear tights instead of underpants because both of them together would be bulky.

I am also concerned about clothing staining my dolls so I keep them in white underthings as much as possible.

15. I like to put underclothes on the dolls but I find I don’t want to buy any dark colored underwear because I’m worried about staining lol. I think of it as competing the look so I prefer to have some even if they don’t all wear them all the time.

16. I don't consider it necessary, but I prefer it for my dolls, if only so I can have them for certain photoshoots.

17. Only for the dolls I put in skirts or dresses regularly. If they were pants exclusively, I'm fine with them not having any.

18. I have undergarments for everyone but generally don't use them, only when taking a photoshoot where they... have less clothing than usual xD but that's not usual, of course.

19. I don't think they are necessary. My dolls wear them only if they have clothes up of too thin fabric. See-through fabrics are great and I like them as long as it's lace, tule and so on. Accidentally see-through fabric is no, no for me. It messes up the look in my opinion and looks a bit sloppy.

20. My girls wear dresses a lot and underwear and bras are the first things I buy for them besides eyes and wig, as well as a silicone wig cap.