1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll undergarments a necessity?

Dec 1, 2016

1. Yeah, most the time I order something, these tiny pieces wasn't included in my list. But as all the boys cried that they don't want to feel so embarrassing every time the cool wind blows, I ended up by buying each of them the thing they want most, though it seems it won't be seen on photos... XD

2. To me, only if they're wearing skirts or are, uh, "non-Barbie." My YOSDs are fine in their overalls without undies but I had an issue with my MSD needing a bra...

3. I'm pretty pragmatic about it. If it's necessary to improve the look of clothes- petticoats supporting full skirts in a historical or fantasy outfit, for instance -I'll use it. Or if I want to do a lingerie shoot (something I have yet to try, but perhaps someday). Otherwise, I see no reason to bother. Not like they have to worry about support or chafing or anything.

4. Such an interesting experience...
      In my case, undies are not just for photoshoots or offline parties or just because of thinking about feelings of my children; doll clothing seems easily make a lot of stains to the resin every time I let them on, so I took all the doll's clothing off after playing and tried to wear them with white undies below. The time and money I should pay for treating the stain are much more than the time I take the clothing off and buy them some pure white undies not only for keeping them clean but also for not making them feel embarrassed, then...

5. I have tons of undergarments for my dolls but I’m always too lazy to put them on them. I also don’t like the look of panty lines and my dolls wear leggings 90% of the time. I do love seeing photos of dolls in cute undies though!

6. My dolls usually put on undergarments, except when the clothes are so skintight it would be troublesome to tuck them under the clothes. They all have a white and a black underpants - basically that's it. And socks! I am afraid of putting shoes on them without socks.

7. Personally panties or bloomers are a must for skirts or dresses. i don’t care about it as much if they are wearing pants but my kids gotta have atleast a little decency… i don’t have any bras for them yet but i like the idea of it for like.. realism purposes? something about small clothes is just so cute that i want to have atleast one of everything yk

8. well I agree if it's not seen it is not a necessity, and also because well they are dolls they won't feel the difference , it is a matter of preference I like undies for my big or resin dolls but 1 set of knickers is enough it's not like they need to change , bras no I wear them grudgily myself so no dolls gets this treatment here.

As about unladylike to go commando .... women went "commando" according to what we consider undies for centuries under the shift/chemise there was most often nothing , the shift was the undie of the undies

9. I tend to put underwear on mine to hide any protruding genitalia from the top or bottom, plus most of my dolls are child or teenage sized, and it feels weird not to have them in underwear

10. I decide case by case. I do have undies for most of my dolls, but only use them when there is a reson to.

For short, wide skirts especcially I always add panties, bloomers or have the doll wear tights, depending on the over all style of the outfit. For lace or mesh tops and see through blouses, on the girls I will usually have them wear at least some sort of bra, camisole, tube top or bandau, again depending on style.
      And of course structural undergarments such as petticoats ar just as important for dolls as for people.

On the other hand, hygene and support functions are not a need for a plastic body, so I will leave the underwear off if it wouldn't be seen anyway. Especcially on small dolls, where reducing bulk is always a struggle.

11. I always want all my dolls to have undies, but I never actually get around to making them. :sweat I've been planning to make padded bras for my flat-chested girls so I could have a realistic, customizable bust size for them. I just have to actually get around to it haha.

12. .

#233 Gintsumi, Sep 16, 2023
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    13. Depends! If they are wearing dresses or have space for it, I get underwear. If they're wearing tight pants or anything that won't expose them, they don't have underwear. Dolls with no anatomically correct features also don't need any. I haven't had any bras yet although I may be getting some since I do have one with stuff that pokes through the fabric.

14. Yes, I put underwear on my doll except for tight dresses.

15. I have undies for both my SDs. It just feels weird for me to know when they’re going commando, even though they’re just dolls. Plus I think they just look good in underwear!

16. I like to give my 44cm girl undies mostly because it seems polite :lol: but also the bras really seem to help keep up some looser fitting dresses. her bust isn't huge but some tops/dresses are a bit too small in that area and the bra adds a little grippyness to keep it up.
      I don't bother on my smaller dolls because .. well they don't really make them that tiny!

17. For me, it does kind of depend on what the doll is wearing? Skirts or dresses, then yes, please have some undergarments dear doll. But trousers or shorts, then probably not?

18. If my doll is wearing a skirt, she WILL have on panties underneath so there are no accidental dolly-butt reveals. Under pants or leggings, it's not as important.

Yes, this means that one of the first things I make for each new doll is a pair of panties. Some also have bloomers for those Victorian-style outfits.

(I just need to get off my butt and publish the pattern for tiny doll panties, so the owners of girls in the 16cm range can cover those dolly butts.)

19. I agree with a lot of the sentiments here that it really depends on the doll's outfit. If my doll is wearing a skirt or dress, she absolutely needs underwear. I usually won't put underwear on my dolls if they're wearing pants just because it adds extra bulk that I tend to not want. I'll sometimes pair pants underwear if the fit is a little too loose. I've also found that underwear can sometimes help keep skirts in place when the doll has a more dramatic hip to waist ratio.