1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll undergarments a necessity?

Dec 1, 2016

1. Recently I bought underwear for my dolls, and was immediately reminded why I misplaced the original pair I had. All it does it get stuck in his joints constantly. Nothing like picking out a doll wedgie.

2. I tried to use undies, but they actually prevented the jean shorts I had from fitting on my girl. So, she goes commando. I think they work for skirts and dresses, and tights and socks are always a good idea to complete a look...that extra layer of fabric can make or break a fit for big girls sometimes though.

3. Depends on their clothing style. Skirts and dresses yes, my dolls wear undies.
      I have a couple of bras, but I feel they're too fiddly.

For trousers not really, only if the trousers' waistline is too wide and the undies fills them up a bit.

4. I'm always very eager to make sure every new doll body gets a pair of undies only for me to take them off every time I handle them :lol: They constantly get stuck in the joints or end up falling off awkwardly on some bodies while they wear dresses/skirts so they get flung across the room often. I like the idea of having them! I just don't use them much :sweat

5. I'd say if it's not easy to see what's under their clothes it's not necessary, like a long dress for example.

6. all my dolls have undergarment as they are all victorians. They have bloomers, tights and petticoat. I dont feel the outfit is complete without that. :0

7. Tee hee. I am #Team Dolly Knickers. I think this is a throw-back from my childhood, when Barbie used to come with knickers - at least a pair of undies.
      As others have noted, some undies just don't work with some outfits, but if I can fit a pair of knickers on, I will.
      The way I see it - I spent so much money on this doll. She might as well have a full outfit.

8. I like to consider undergarments like the philosophical question: if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound? Except replace 'tree' with 'underwear'

9. All my dolls wear underwear because they have short skirts and I don't like the look of naked under the skirt. None of them have bras though.

10. Haha, well put!

11. ^ this is what I am trying to follow but not all my dolls have underwear, sadly. I should pay more attention to supplying them with undies - except for those with a tail or unusual bodyshape.

12. When I first began the hobby i wondered about undergarments as well. I used to want to cover up the male parts with underwear and the females bust with a bra, but these days I can't bother with going out of my way to find the right fit or bother wasting money on it. The hobby is costly and that will just add on an extra cost. I feel like reselling it would be a hassle too. Sometimes I do still want to cover up their naked body, but I've gotten used to their nakedness due to not having enough outfits for them. If I'm going go to post a photo because i am rehoming it I can always just use stickers to cover them up. I don't believe its a necessity for the dolls to wer undergarments unless that's what you want to do or you want to style your doll in lingerie. I've seen people post their dolls in only lingerie before on instagram. Personally, I wouldn't post my dolls in lingerie for a photoshoot, but I do post my dolls naked so people can get a clear view of how these dolls look for helping them decide of they want the doll. I do cover up their intimate parts with photo editing because I don't want to get reported. Some of the photos on instagram are too sexualized. I don't like photos like that, but some people enjoy photoshoots like that so I can see why people buy undergarments for their dolls for photoshoots like that. I don't plan on doing that with my dolls so I don't buy undergarments except once i bought because I believed I had to cover up the male intimate parts due to my own discomfort.

I got over it eventually because I didn't want to waste money on buying undergarments. So I got used to doll nudity because i have to see it everytime I inspect my dolls for damages or for reselling it. I'm still uncomfortable with real life people nudity. I don't particularly like to look at my own nakedness when i get ready to wash up. That's how uncomfortable I am with nudity. I'm mean there is no reason for me to see real life nudity, but occasionally when you're on social media there will be some nudity of people randomly popping up on random tags. Nudity in general makes me very uncomfortable. Anything sexualized makes me uncomfortable, but I'm pretty conservative and so is my sister. I think it's how we were raised. What I mean by conservative is that i'm someone who believes traditional views like I don't believe in sex before marriage sort of thing. I won't judge someone who does it before marriage, but I'm just conservative. If that makes sense. That is i suppose why nudity makes me uncomfortable, but if i come across it by accident it's not the end of the world. I just cleanse my eyes by looking at my dogs. It seems people have found my sister and me weird for not being from the generation that believe in that sort of thing. That is my only reason why I would have bought undergarments for my dolls. I don't bother now with doll undergarments because i buy so many different doll bodies types the cost will add up if over 20+ dolls needed undergarments.

Edit: I did buy idealian underwear for my male doll when i was new to the hobby, but thinking about spending like $5 to $10 on undergarments for my males will most likely add up to almost $100+ and for the females buying underwear and a bra will add up to too much money. I rather invest on a nice face up. I bet the female undergarments will cost more than $10+ due to it being designed to look pretty for i suppose display purposes like those lingerie photoshoots some people post of their dolls. I rather use that money to buy a nice doll wig or face up.

#252 Forever We Are Young, Nov 9, 2023
      Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    13. I find dolly underwear very effective for holding up dolly pantyhose.
      Not all my dolls have undies though. It's not something I am willing to pay for but nifty and will get used it comes for free.