1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll undergarments a necessity?

Dec 1, 2016

1. I like cute underwear on them but for taking photos of it... If I have to dress them I use to do it without underwear or using leggings. When I store them into the glass cabinet, I try to have them with thights or leggings because I'm kinda paranoic of them touching "the floor" of the cabinet lol

2. I'm just posting because I kind of wanted to get it off my chest.

For bras, my dolls generally only wear them when they're going to be displayed wearing lingerie or for lingerie photoshoots. I've found bras add way too much bulk under anything they're underneath nearly every time. I'd much rather have erect nipples poking through a top than have what looks like football equipment under my girls' feminine clothes. Having said that, I do love bras, and I make it a point to get some nice ones for my girls.

For panties, I really have a few scenarios to consider.

1. For pants, I usually skip the panties. The pants already cover everything up very well.

2. For loose fitting dresses and skirts of any length, I usually use panties. You generally don't have to worry about visible panty line, and it's easier to see the area "down there" in some circumstances due to the loose nature of the garment. (Including naughty people who lift the dress/skirt up without asking! Shame on them!)

3. For most tight fitting dresses and skirts of any length, including very short ones, I have been using panties less and less. I used to use them a lot, but it's a pain to put the dress or skirt on with the panties on. I've grown rather tired of dealing with it. In addition, since it's already very tight, it's harder to get accidental exposures.

A side note for case 3 is that I have a few dresses which are see through to varying degrees. Even for the ones that are only see through up the sides, part of the allure of the dress is that it's revealing enough to show that the doll's not wearing anything underneath but modest enough to cover the essentials. I wouldn't want to ruin that allure with literally visible panties.

In addition, some of my ladies would be people who wouldn't wear panties under a tight short skirt or dress anyway, so going commando is true to their characters.

So, yeah, sometimes my dolls don't wear panties. It's whatever to me.

3. Most of my dolls don't have underwear under their clothes, it just strikes me as unnecessary in most cases. Most of my girls have panties, but that's because they wear lots of skirts and dresses, and I don't want an accidental "oops" if I get the impulse to take pictures. There's no bras, but those really are unnecessary for my ladies.

I do have some cute underwear, but those are mostly either gifts or freebies, and I keep them on hand for photostories and the like. ^3^

But it doesn't bug me that they don't have underwear on under their clothes. Given my tendency to randomly undress one of them at the drop of a hat to try on a new thing or share clothes with someone else, underwear would just get in the way.

4. All my dolls wear undergarments unless it doesn't come in their size (can't seem to find any for pukipuki) or their pants can't go on if they use one, in that case I'd skip it but ideally I'd rather they use one. :lol:

5. I don't think it's necessary but I really do want to get some undies for my doll who is wearing a skirt.. :lol:

6. Hm... I should add that if it's a child doll, panties are a necessity. I have a number of little dolly girls, and it would feel wrong to have them go commando. Honestly, I don't even like to look at them while changing their clothes.

7. Put it this way... I have broken two sets of draw units with my underwear hoard.... XD My dolls dont escape the problem

8. I definitely have a problem. I need them to have underwear even if I don't see it, it's just something I am obbsesed with and that gives me headaches to be honest lol

9. I used undies on all my dolls, except the asexual MSD I recently got because I can't find a right size for her yet! I will feel naked for my dolls if I don't use undies for them so I would spend some time just to make undies for each of my dolls or purchase them online if any catches my eyes!

Some doll lingerie are actually really well made and beautiful and I would just display them on my dollXD

10. I think they're fun to have. They make dressing the doll more fun, at least in my opinion. And some dolls can look really cute in underwear. Especially if the underwear is well made and cute looking. :blush

11. Currently, Alex wears underwear. Because his kimono is, how can I put this, not the most forgiving to lounge around in, and he's become a bit of a flasher. He likes to show off his legs, and what's beyond them, when he's sat down. So, underwear is a must right now. If he had a pair of trousers that meant he could get away with going commando, then maybe he could go without his Calvins.

I've seen that Mystic Kids dolls come with underwear, so it'd be a shame not to use them (seeing how they're free)! And, the doll I have coming from them is a 1/6; it kind of seems improper to have a kid standing around with no underwear on...resin child or not.

12. i definitely prefer dolls in skirts to have underwear, but mostly i just think tiny panties are cute! i totally want a doll that would just be on display in cute lingerie all the time eventually lol

13. I don't generally feel they're a necessity. I *like* them, I think it makes a doll feel more complete. But right now, none of my dolls are wearing underwear... in fact, I think when I moved house, I may have left the dolly underwear I'd made a couple of them behind. I need to make Vince either some short boxers or some briefs, though, because he's got two pairs of darker denim short shorts that I love, but they get lint-y (Vince's previous undergarments proved longer than his current shorts, so I mean, I've gotta start all over with that boy).

I'm willing to forego underwear when dressing one of my boys in tight pants. I'm also all in favor of a pair of white leggings or an undershirt to go under a dark garment that either stains or sheds. And... well, with my only girl being half deer, I don't do a lot of skirts and dresses, but I would absolutely want bloomers or shorts or panties or something in that case.

14. lol i dont know i think i would feel like they all must have underwear think of how the dolls feel xD

15. I only care if my doll is wearing a dress. But tiny doll underwear is pretty cute. I just can't splurge on something I'll never really see much of.

16. I think the underwear for my dolls needs to fit with the outfit. If I'm dressing one in Mediaeval clothing then CK pants is probably not appropriate :lol:

17. Pukipuki can wear Kelly doll underpants, which we find on eBay. My daughter's Sugar wears them with dresses all the time - and even though they're a teeeeny bit loose, they'll fit under pants that are not skin tight. ^^

18. I would say that a majority of my girls wear panties. The ones that don't have panties on are wearing an alternative, like bloomers or tights. A few of my girls also wear a combo of panties+ tights. Part of it is because most of my girls wear skirts/dresses, another part is because most of my girls are DD and the tights are just another protection from staining :sweat I usually don't bother with bras tho, but I did buy a cute bra+ panty set.

My guys on the other hand... They always get the short end of the stick in the clothing planning department. I've looked at briefs, but I'll either forget or end up buying something else :doh One day I'll buy a few nice sets of underwear for my boys--- and then send my friend pics because she likes staring at their abs :sweat

19. I don't need underwear for my dolls, but I try to buy boxers for my guys so I can change them without flashing their bits everywhere :XD:

20. I am working on sewing/knitting some underwear for my incoming dolls. I just wouldn't feel right if they were breezy. I found a few patterns for knitted socks too so I am going to work on those next but since a lot of my characters are going to have boots they won't be totally necessary all the time.