1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll undergarments a necessity?

Dec 1, 2016

1. Nah, don't really have the cash for it... Well, my IH Gentle Freezia has a cute, simple set but my Souldoll Chiron goes commando ALL THE TIME. :sneaky

2. I was pretty neutral about underwear (my girls wear them if they're in skirts but it's not a necessity) but then I got a Dragon Doll.... I didn't realize they had the uh.... swappable parts.... but whenever I take his pants off, Aay's thing tends to go with them so I'm definitely getting some undies for that boy so I don't have a phallic chunk of resin scattering across my floor.... which is hilarious, by the way.

3. I don't use them when my doll is wearing pants because I don't like how the underwear bunch up under the pants. Its not a good look!

4. I know they don't NEED them but it makes me comfortable to have undies for my dolls (bra and panties). :P

5. So far Sock has a tank top to wear under his shirts, but he doesn't have any boxers/briefs/etc yet.

6. Nah, I don't consider them a necessity as long as the clothes cover their parts. I'd rather spend the money on pieces I'm actually going to see. That being said, because my story takes place in a cabaret there are some dolls that wear their underwear as outerwear :lol:

7. Personally, I only find undergarments a requirement when they'll be visible after completely dressed. For example, if a girl has a short skirt on I'd be more comfortable if she was also wearing panties in case I see up the skirt. Or if a shirt is lowcut, see-through, etc. I'd want her to be wearing a bra or something along those lines. In my opinion, underwear for dolls is purely based on fashion sense, haha.

That last part made me snort my tea :XD:

#87 GreenTeaAnarchy, May 20, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
    8. My doll has to wear underwear, to me it just feels wrong if she doesn't. I have made some for now as my girl did come with any. I am planning to buy some but for now she is just going to settle with my handmade ones :)

9. For me, it depends on the article of clothing itself! I don't own any bras for my girls, but I do own undies; I find, if a pair of pants is "slipping" too much, adding the extra layer can sometimes help. Also, my Elfdoll girl has very deep joints, so having a pair of undies already stuck in there helps her clothes from ALSO getting stuck.

That said, if pants are too tight, I opt out of them. I don't blush the bodies of my dolls, so staining is a minimal worry for me, as anything that gets transferred I can gently magic eraser away.

10. I didn't think so until I saw those instagram sped up videos dressing dolls and thought the full outfit looked really cute! Mine don't wear underwear with pants or leggings, but with short clothing, yes. In case one makes a dive for the floor, she still has her bum covered. :XD:

11. I only get underwear if it has a purpose. Like a dress or if I want a more sexy time shoot!

But if you can't or won't see it I don't think it's necessary!

12. I will if those are visible. if not it kinda make the clothes difficult to slip on :)))

13. I think if its a girl doll wearing skirts and dresses it is nice for them to be wearing underwear. I just crocheted a quick pair for modesty but I would like to buy her some pretty bloomers.

14. I think the creation of both realistic bodies and undergarments for dolls says a lot of interesting things about how deeply we humanize our resin companions. The dolls themselves don't have to worry about hygiene or modesty but we do because we're only human and these are natural concerns. It's not a bad thing, it's just very telling to me that doll underwear exists. To answer the question, I would only buy clothing I intend to be visible. If that means having a sexy set for a sexy photoshoot then so be it, but I wouldn't buy things that won't be visible in a photoshoot.

15. I think undergarments add character to the doll, even if they aren't visible. Lingerie can be so beautiful and elegant. Doll versions make me happy. ^^

16. Not a necessity for me , but I do find them super cute!

17. No. None of my girl dolls have bras. And really the only reason I care about panties for them is if they're wearing a skirt or dress and something might be seen.

My boy does not even own any underwear and is always going commando. :lol:But considering his pants are tight, I don't think he could fit his pants over any kind of underwear.

18. It depends on the pants. If they're loose enough, undies go on to put a cushiony layer between the hip joints and the pant fabric.
      If the pants are not loose enough, my doll does not need underwear.
      It's nice to have a pair on hand in case you need to remove the clothes, but don't want to disturb your doll's modesty. Explaining doll junk to other people can be an awkward subject.

19. I do! But some dresses don't work with a bra so it may just be panties.

20. I always hated how the underwear cought in joints so my guys don't have anything under their trousers but my girl have the most expensive custom tailored lingerie I ever bought. I bought her the first cheap set after my boyfriend mentioned that it may could hide her poking nipples and it did. Unfortunately it was a simple on made out of lace and was soon damaged. Plus it also got cought. The custom one is like human underwear and don't. I just love this set

#100 Uminari, Nov 10, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 10, 2017