1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll undergarments a necessity?

Dec 1, 2016

1. If the undies are made of thin materials, I don't mind having it on. Sometimes it's more of a hassle to put on tight-fitting clothes or when posing dolls and the undies seem to get in the way.

2. I have this weird thing where every doll I have has to have them, I don't know why it just bothers me if they don't. So I bought them in bulk, to each his own...

3. I've never had underwear for my dolls before, but now that I have two girls on their way, both with short dresses and skirts I decided to get underwear to keep them modest. but honestly it's just a preference, and sometimes they're more of a hassle depending on the clothing you're putting them in! x3 haha.

4. I like all of my dolls to have at least one set of their own. feels a little more "complete" that way. :thumbup

5. Just came across this discussion and I though "not a bad idea". Before rushing to my sewing kit to sew some underwear for my bjd~ just finished! :) Haha, though I don't think undergarments are necessity (especially if the doll is wearing tights/tight outfits). But for short skirts where stuff might accidentally show, not a bad idea at all :D .

Another plus is that if you BJD wears light undergarments they can also help prevent staining from darker clothing on top.

6. I always put underwear on my girls, it feels weird if i dont. Plus my girls wear a lot of dresses in their wardrobe so if I put them in the wrong pose you can see everything down there

7. All my dolls have undies and wear them. But somehow i ran out of tops for the girls. Nice sets are sometimes hard to find.

8. Gotta have undies. Even seeing other people's dolls without them makes me cringe for some reason.

9. I don't use it, since I collect small dolls it looks too bulky. for larger dolls, it's not necessary but I use it because I like sewing ahah

10. I think it's not necessary but if my doll wear short skirt or See-through outfits I think my doll will looks sexy if she has underwear.

11. I do not think that people MUST dress their dolls in undergarments, but I do think it makes them more lively! It is cute that these dolls have so many tiny things made specially for them, so why not buy them if you can?!

12. I think it's only necessary if the nips are poking through the shirt. I know I hate it when that happens to me and I think my dolls would feel the same, since they have moderate breast sizes. ^-^

13. I prefer for them to have undies. I can't help but imagine the chafing.

14. It's not a necessity for me but I do plan on getting my dolls some underwear so they can wear that when they're not wearing pants/skirt. I don't think dolls need underwear if they're wearing pants but with skirts I think it's better to have them. I always try to get socks for them so when they're wearing shoes, it doesn't stain their feet!

15. I think it is unnecessary:sweat

16. None of mine have undies now, but all of their clothes are the sort that don't run the risk of flashing anyone (slacks, straight skirts, leggings, that sort of thing.) I'd like to get some underwear for the YoSD, mostly for the cuteness of it.

While I don't have strong feelings about putting underwear on my dolls, I do tend to require all of them to have sleepwear. I guess that's close?

17. To me, I think it's a nice finishing touch. I can't explain my feelings, but to me having a doll with a skirt and no underwear does a disservice to the doll and the overall look. They don't take a whole lot of effort to make.

Edit: I'm talking about underpants, not bras. My dolls don't have support issues XD

18. The character that my souldoll clodia shells doesn't wear underwear xD so I guess I never really thought about it... she'd probably wear lingerie tho!

Not sure how well boxers would work on Aidan... his pants are already so tight hahaha

19. If I can avoid it, I usually do. I make my girl dolls panties if they're wearing a dress or skirt, but in pants I don't see any reason for it. Certainly no bras, if only because I wish I could go without and I want to live vicariously through my tiny-titted ladies

Unfortunately for my male dolls (the vast majority) some of them sort of need underwear to "smooth out" their crotch area so they don't have an unsightly bulge down there

20. The first thing I made for Saskia when I decided to use her to model historical costuming was a (mostly) full set of victorian underthings. I didn't make her a corset, because... well... it sounded like a lot of trouble when she's stiff and rigid and a perfect hourglass anyways, but I did make her bloomers even though they're completely hidden by her chemise and petticoat. It's completely illogical, she's wearing floor length skirts, but it just seems more appropriate. The petticoat and chemise at least have a purpose, I can pin things to them to check fit and have her stay decent while I only have components of her outfit complete.

When it comes to modern clothes, my girls basically don't wear bras, basically do wear underpants if there's any risk of flashing passerby.