1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll undergarments a necessity?

Dec 1, 2016

1. I don't look for undergarments for my dolls. They're slim MSDs, so adding a pair of undergarments gives them a bulky look that I don't like on them.

But I do look at some lingerie sets and think about buying a set for some of them just for posing. But then I guess the lingerie becomes regular clothes because they're not under any other clothes?

2. All of my dolls wear dresses and skirts most of the time so I would like to get them underwear to prevent flashing their private parts. Otherwise I don't think they are necessity. I never have own bras for the dolls (can't find what would fit them).

3. Only one of my dolls has underwear, and that's just because he came with it. Since they all wear pants or long robes/skirts, I've never seen the need for underwear. Maybe that'll change if I decide to get some short skirts.

4. Doll underwear under doll clothing just adds bulk and ruins the realistic look of fitted clothing. It also makes the clothes harder to put on, and it gets jammed in the doll's joints. I don't bother with it.

5. For modern clothing, I'd say no, unless an undergarment improved the look or fit of the finished garment. (plus, sometimes, a visible bra strap isn't a bad thing.) But for historical clothing, it's almost always a necessity. Ultimately, whatever gets you to the silhouette you're going for is a good thing.

6. If I can get away with not having them I do. It just seems like one more thing to buy. It the doll is wearing a skirt without bloomers I prefer to have at least underwear just because I pose a lot of my dolls sitting and I don’t want to be constantly flashed lol. But usually I can do without.

7. It's whatever you feel like.

Sometimes the underwear can look bulky underneath the normal clothes, unless you want lacy lingerie kind of underwear. For me, most of my dolls wear shorts or a skirt so they wear underwear when I pose them for pictures, just in case there's an up skirt or whatever. Hope this helped :sweat

8. Typically, I don't search for underwear for my dolls. Unless my doll is wearing a skirt, or something of the like, I don't personally feel the need to get them any. There are still times where I do think that underwear can pull a look together, though, like a waistband peeking out over a pair of jeans.

9. I generally like putting them on my dolls, if mostly because people seem to always try to undress them. I do prefer to avoid the ones with bows or other attachments that mess with the way the clothes lay on the doll though.

10. I like the idea of undies for the sake of realism, but I don’t think they’re a necessity. I would prefer to have undies under a doll’s skirt.

11. Sometimes yes, eg when my doll is wearing only a skirt and no tights. Or when the lingerie is the only thing she'll be wearinng like corset and stocking sets.
      Other than this, when she's wearing tights or trousers- no underpants. I'm still looking to design a little dolly bra though :)

12. My girl always wears underwear since she's usually dressed in skirts, and I really don't care if my guys are wearing anything under their pants since they never lounge around naked. I do think it adds a nice touch of realism, though.

13. For girls who use skirts and dresses would be a necessity .For some reason it bothers me when a female doll wears a skirt and doesn't have panties on . For boys not so much but I would put them underwear to avoid staining when they wear dark clothes .

14. My male dolls with magnetic "extra parts" wear boxer briefs to keep any embarrassing moments to minimum. I've read horror stories about parts falling off and dropping out of pants legs, when showing the doll to other people.
      My other dolls it depends on what there wearing.

15. I'm not really sure how I feel about them. My bobobie Apollo has underwear on. Since he was shirtless for a long time, the underwear peaking out from his pants really put together the look. However, my minifee Kyle is commando and I think it would add too much bulk to under his pants. If I got a doll that wore a lot of skirts and dress though, they would definitely have underwear. So I guess it is a mixed bag of opinions //shrug

16. I feel like they're not a necessity, but can be a nice touch, depending on the doll and the clothing in question.

I know that one of the dolls I have planned will require some cute underclothes, because most of the outfits I have planned for her are semi-sheer or mesh.

I'd also like to have underwear for my other dolls, in the event that I feel like doing a boudoir shoot or similar with them. Having options is always nice.

17. I don't bother with them usually, bunching up under clothing just looks bad on doll scale. Dresses and skirts, however? I'm finding myself desiring some panties/bloomers for them because it doesn't feel complete otherwise. That and so I don't get flashed constantly! Time to get sewing, because of course all my girls have non standard butt sizes :XD:

18. My girls are mainly skirt/dress wearers so undergarments for their lower half is a necessity in my eyes. Even though I don't expect anyone to take a peek, I like knowing its there (plus I find bloomers super cute)

I've seen cute lingerie sets in the gallery and on etsy which are really intricate and beautiful but they don't suit my gang.

19. Honestly? It's nice to have, but I don't know that it's actually NECESSARY? It's a matter of personal preference. Half the time, I don't really bother. Especially with tights and pants/shorts

20. Even though it can make clothes harder to put on, I feel that at least knickers are necessary. I don't know, it just feels like they SHOULD have them on.