1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Wedding/Marriage?

May 6, 2007

1. Agreed... That's pretty much exactly how it goes for Serras and Sannru over here, as well as for Tsung-Li and Snow. In both cases, the original tabletop RPG characters that the dolls were based on are formally-recognized... ie: basically married... couples. Out here in the real world, the resin versions just get posed together a lot and have matching jewelry. ^_^

I wouldn't stage an elaborate wedding or reception party for a couple of dolls. (I didn't even have an elaborate ceremony or reception myself! :lol: ) It might be fun for people who are really into that kind of thing... but for me personally it would feel just a little too close to that fine line between creative play and potential insanity. 'Sort of like pet weddings. :sweat

2. Hmmmm ..... I guess I must be "excessive" then because not only did my little crew have a grand wedding, they had it in a castle, yes a castle, and they had a reception.

I did it because I love them and what they are, and to be even more honest simply because I could, and I wanted to. I think that if your heart is in anything that you want to do for your dolls may it be to simply give them a new face-up and a ring to a blow out day of it all do what you want and have fun with it.

They are your dolls and don't fill that you have to justify it to anyone. And just because you take lots of photos doesn't mean that you have to share them with anyone ...you can keep your memories to your self that is fine too.

I guess it is all up to the individual though , and I for one spoil my crew, what ever comes to mind .

3. With my first set, (they're from a vampire romance book series) things work differently in their world (well it's in our world we just don't know about it cause human don't know anything lol). They have a special mating ceremony that is just between them and no one else. It's a private thing and they don't involve other people cause it's a fate type of thing and the ceremony matters only to them and well it just complicated to explain here lol.

If I could find another set I like, I may do a small wedding between them, nothing fancy or huge. Unless they made a lot of friends that would like to come, otherwise there be a couple of pictures and that it.

4. Sweetest, I remember your wedding. Someone posted it on ZOZ. It was spectacular. I remember the gorgeous costumes they wore. The setting and everything else was beautifully done.

5. Why not?
      Some people really have romantic and idealized feelings about such subjects. Why shouldn't they then make an event of their dolls' union? It would be a sweet excuse for a doll meet if nothing else.

I myself detest "events". I absolutely dread the idea of making a party for such a thing... in my own life, so strongly do I feel that such things are personal and should remain so, to the complete exclusion of outsiders. Therefore I do not believe in the public notion of 'marriage'. No state-sanctioned paperwork or religio-governmenal pronouncements/ceremonies for me in my personal life. My dolls are just dolls, so they remain that much freer of human rigamarole.

but that's just me. I know lots of people feel and think differently, and even live vicariously through their dolls, so this could just be that sort of thing.

Raven

6. I think it's a wonderful idea. :) Very cute. I'd definately love to attend a doll wedding!

7. QFT. Seriously, I *personally* am just not into setting up a wedding for my dolls. Not even really as a photoshoot. Not to say that I don't love the idea of weddings and romantic lives... it's just something that I'm not interested in with my dolls. Now if we got to talking about my own wedding... >.>

8. Marianna~~ Thank you very much :) Butterfly and Lysander's wedding meant a lot to me and I am very happy to know that it was enjoyed by others as well :) thank you again

9. Hey, whatever floats your boat. I probaby wouldn't do it--but I'd love to go to a doll wedding. If it makes you happy, you should go for it. However public or private, it's up to you. Who is someone else to say how you can or can't enjoy your dolls?

10. I've been planning my Si'or and Tai'an's formal binding for a year now. After seeing some of the other weddings out there, especially Butterfly and Lysander's wedding, I nearly lost my nerve. I felt however that my lovers deserved a wedding as beautiful as I could make it, so I pulled out my needles and got to work. All happens in a few days. Hell, the boys even had a bachelor party, and Tai had her bridal shower at our last meetup.
      In answer to your questions:
      Would you have gathering of close freinds? I intended to but many of my friend have finals around the time I chose. So it's just my family and our dolls and their respective mates ( a few have come long distance for the occassion). . There are plenty of dolls for the event though.

would you get a little marrigae ceritificate? I hadn't origally planned on it, but since they're having a near human ceremony I created a copy of mine. Not the official btu a decorative one that I have on the wall.
      Would your dolls have a reception? Yes there will be a bit of a reception. I ordered a cake and everything.
      a preist? No priest, but my Elder (Souldoll Celestyn) will perform the mercifully short ceremony.
      a little cake? Yes
      send out invitations? origanally planned on it but changed my mind

Have it in a rented hall or outside in a park? Outside in one of my favorite parks. Gorgeous place and semi-secluded
      Buy dresses and suits for the wedding party and bride and groom? Made them all myself

flowers? Ordered the bride's bouquet. Nature will provide the rest.
      party favors? Not likely
      wine/chamange? a wine from their homeworld
      what kind of ceremony would dolls have? simple and very short
      hire a wedding planner? no
      the ring? they're already wearing them. They appeared during the original binding ceremony. They can't be removed after that.

How far would it go? I think the entrance to the ceremony is longer than the actual ceremony. There's a horse involved. The original ceremoy is very very short and extremely private.. There's no pomp and circumstance. There's only a question and an answer. If the answer is positive, the binding is complete and lifelong.

11. I think you should be able to do what you want with your dolls - marry them, bury them, send them to prison or give them birthday parties...whatever floats your boat!
      Send me a slice of the cake ^_^

12. I don't think it'd survive the trip from here in Hawaii:lol:

13. Since my dolls are based on my OTP, they will definitely get married someday. I'm planning a traditional Japanese wedding ceremony for them. I hadn't thought of making an invitational event out of it, but now that people have mentioned it...:3

14. I would possibly have dolls who are married, but I wouldn't hold a wedding for them. It's not nessecary to me

15. Marianna, I was lucky enough to attend Sweetest's wedding and posted the pictures on ZoZ. Sweetest's sets, costumes and all the little details were amazing. And now my girls will be bridesmaids to Venus' wedding in Austin.

16. Brightfires and I are like on the same wave length on this subject...it just seems a bit...i guess excessive really is the only word i can think of... :sweat I haven't gotten married yet, but when i do I don't think i want a huge one...but i would never hold a huge get together for my *dolls* wedding-not that i plan on having married couples- but...i dunno... kudos brightfires.

17. Setting something up for a photoshoot is ok if you have had an ongoing photostory... but inviting a bunch of people over and having a party? That seems a little strange. I guess it is a fine line for me between "play" and "taking something seriously." If its play then we're all adults that play with dolls. But if it gets taken very seriously it would bother me.

18. Why does that seem strange? People in BJD go to meetups all the time, many of which have a theme (at least in Southern CA). A meetup with a wedding theme is nothing a more than that. A meet up with a theme.

19. The girls that come over here to play dolls probably wouldn't mind at all. It would be one more big project to us. Too bad none of my girls are in a place to get married. They don't even know any (straight) boys, yet!

I think it would be a ton of fun to make new clothes, get all the props and have a doll wedding. After all, we do lots of other things that are "big" or "silly", why not a wedding? Something happy is always great. But what about a shotgun wedding? Yikes! That might be even more fun!

I don't think I'd have a meet centered around a wedding, but I have a few doll friends and I might invite them over to take pics with me, since that's not a huge deal like a meetup.

20. i've been to a doll wedding tho it's mostly followed by doll photo procedures (photostory step by step XD) it started with lunch in a cafe then afterwards bringing out the wedding cake and then the photostory part. I think the wedding cake sym bolizes the marriage for that particular wedding.