1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Wedding/Marriage?

May 6, 2007

1. we take photos of everything else that happens in our dolls' 'lives,' why on earth wouldn't we organize this as well? If you happen to have a pair of dolls who make that decision...

...I'd better be careful, or I'll have several sets of resin and eyes stalking me to make wedding clothes. XDdd Henessey's not ready for that yet!

2. Personally, I am a wedding junkie. I love them, both people type and doll type. Sweetest185 graciously allowed me to sneak in and take over her dolls' wedding, and I totally had a blast. There were indeed miniature invitations, a guest book with a working feather pen, and of course the gowns (among other things). I used to be a costumer, and one of my dreams was to have a company that would provide low cost, complete weddings to people, planned start to finish that didn't cost the price of a car or downpayment on a house. Sadly, this would no longer be possible for me. However, I can do it for dolls.

Since BJDs are wonderful small people, it is extremely gratifying for me to plan things for them. They rarely become 'Bridezilla'. As was already pointed out, you can make amazing gowns with much less cost. I love miniature things, sets, etc. I will be holding a doll wedding in a few weeks for my beloved Hazel and Elidor. The actual ceremony is limited to a few friends and their dolls - to many friends would actually make the logistics of the photostory much more difficult. The reception will be at a doll meet. I have met probably most of the people who will attend many times before and feel they are friends too. I will have cake (the bride loves it and so do I), favors, decorations and lots of fun.

When I was very small, back in the sixties, my parents took me to a doll museum. There were quite a few representations and pictures of doll weddings. They impressed me very much. I think I am just continuing a long tradition of doll owners. These victorian dolls, the inspiration for BJDs, had truseau's complete with kidskin gloves and real diamond tiaras, trunks, wedding gowns, cakes and anything you can imagine. I think we can do no less with our own dolls.

3. It seems like fun to me. Several DoA members have shared their pictures of their dolls' weddings here and I love the photos and the stories. Nathankatt's captions are pretty hilarious. Check them out here:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153869

I don't believe I would ever do it for one of my dolls but I would definitely have my dolls attend someone else's.

4. I would have liked to have had a bit of a reception when my Xavier and Jibriel got married but I'm out in the boondocks and there aren't to many doll people here.

Roughly when Jibriel arrived I had Xavier open her box and unwrap her. When her face up was drying he laid in her box with her. When she was done he helped dress her and they took pictures and she met the other dolls. Afterwards I gave them some alone time.

5. Ha ha, I should make a wedding for Haku and Zabuza.(oh wait, Haku's a minor! XD) I don't really have any couples that would get married though o.O I mean, I don't have any girl dolls as of yet(or any dolls at all for that matter) and well...she'll probably end up a lesbian so...Oh well, I'll just marry them all to one another! Muah ha ha! plot for dolly disturbing orgy marriage is a go!

6. Shoot if people can have fun doing weddings for their dogs I don't see any reason why they couldn't have a wedding for dolls. It would make a great photostory.

7. All of my weddings will have the dolls properly dressed with saying vows and eveything. Though I would be using my own script instead of the bible just like my own wedding as I am an atheist. I will make little ceramic cakes and a tiny certificate. All of the other dolls will be there. I won't act it all out but I will set it up with the background and the right flowers for the couple and the dolls all conversing and bustling about and take pictures to make it look like a real wedding.

8. As much as I would love to have a nice portrait of Hikaru and Tanya hand-in-hand in wedding gear, I'm too lazy to pull this off and not so keen on buying outfits I probably won't have them wearing very much. If I had the time and the resources, I would in a heartbeat. :aheartbea

9. If it made sense for two of my characters, I would definitely do it for photostory purposes. Oh, and I would make a cake, but that's just because I like baking.=^__^=Anneko

10. I have dolls that are in long-term, monogamous, comitted relationships, but I would never have a marriage ceremony for them - just as I will never get married myself. It's not a judgement for or against people who are married, but rather that I myself am not comfortable with the act of marriage and all the things it has represented in the past (and, in some cases, still represents today).

11. I'd love to plan a wedding for my doll (only problem is she still needs her other half, who I probably won't be getting until next year lol) I'm not sure i'd go so far as to make a doll meet out of it. I'd keep it relatively private.

12. Well,my Dream dollfie and my blue blood got married first day he came^^;
      when I go to a meet up this june they're gunna be in their wedding outfits ^^

13. My Lucis and Afina are married. As married as two fallen angel alchemists can be, anyways.

14. Ehh... I think it's ridiculous. It's almost as dumb as people having their animals married. Things that are not alive/do not have logical thinking are incapable of marriage. Marriage is a union between two human beings that CHOOSE to be together (apart from arranged marriages, obviously).

I can understand having two dolls that represent characters from stories that happen to be married, that are said to be husband and wife, but not the point of having a ceremony. People need lives.

I think it's just because I'm one of those people who see their dolls as... well, dolls, not people, not kids... Just absolutely GORGEOUS things for me to gawk at, dress up and play with. I'm weird. ^^;

15. My girl Hitomi (SD13 Elena) is married to donnoir's boy Touji (DOT Lahoo) :)
      I've never really believed in doll weddings but I had a meet up at my house and donnoir had Touji with her and someone had bought a white Dollheart Fer along. It somehow ended up on Hitomi and since we had the dress and the guests and a kick ass buffet we decided to get them married just for fun XD
      They had been dating for almost a whole year too!! :whee:

You can see the pics here- http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260516

I think its a bit strange when people go to great lengths to have a doll wedding but it's cute to do it for fun or for a photo story.

16. hum.. I'd love to do that for Simon and Coppelia, but I got a puki sooner than I planned so I never got around to it... My friends and I joke they had a shotgun wedding XD

17. Oh goodness Id love the idea of dollfie weddings, Im gonna have to wait a little while till my dolls get married though lolz.

18. Fauna and Kestrel are an item, but since they're both woodland spirits, I'm not sure if they believe in weddings per se, or what sort of wedding they would have if they did. Maybe down the road their relationship will reach the point that I might consider doing some sort of ceremony. What a fun theme for a meet-up!

19. at some point Im going to have two sets of my dolls married. but thats kinda far off.

20. I'm going to be like the millionth person to say, "Ah! That is such a cute idea!"
      I'm not sure how far I would go personally to like... rent a chapel or have a reception or anything that would cost ridiculous amounts of money, but I think it'd be fun to make a meetup out of it, have a small, relaxed little shindig, and take pictures of the dolls in question in wedding attire.
      I don't know if I'll be in any position to do something like this for quite some time, though, because I only own MSDs with a tiny on the way... I have a few larger dolls on my wishlist but a little further down on my priority list.
      But maybe someday. ^^