1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Wedding/Marriage?

May 6, 2007

1. a real nice thing would be a wedding between a doll i own and someone else's doll XP
      so cute!
      at first i trought it was a mad thing, but then... it could be a great chance to have a little meet up with lots of invited dolls and maybe the chance to make some wedding-related photostory and chat a little >w<
      seems a very cute idea!

2. How cute ^_^ of course, mind the cost.. Like, if it would be more than getting another doll altogether I might not ^^; haha. Then again, I'm not a big one for the idea of marriage myself (for myself, nothing to do with ohappy couples here..), so I probably wouldn't for my own dolls.

3. A doll wedding would be the perfect excuse for a meet-up/photo-op! Either an outdoor ceremony or in a little rented chapel would be just perfect.

It reminds me of having fake "weddings" on the playground in gradeschool XD

4. A wedding would be splendid! The cake, the gowns, the food, the guest dolls! But what i don't like is the cost!!! XD Seriously, it would be a spectacular event but how much money you spent isn't very nice. Unless you decided to cutshort on the gown, the place and the props.

5. I've attended a doll wedding at a meetup and it was the cutest thing. Character building for the dolls, new wardrobe, cake, guests... <3 But you'd have to be very committed. (If Vic ever got married to another doll, I'd probably have them go to Vegas or something xD He's not the type to want a cake.)

6. Cute topic.

For me, it's hard to say what I think. It would depend on the level of "roleplaying" going on. When I was little, I used to have Barbie weddings all the time. My whole family had to be in the living room, the bride and groom were in their respective regalia, there was a ceremony with witnesses, and a send-off. Now that I'm an adult, I think actually "playing it out" would be a bit much. And I wouldn't put any more money into it than perhaps the cost of the outfit(s) and maybe a cake for those at the meet-up. It'd make for a cute photoshoot and a fun themed meet-up but I have a line drawn for the intensity of my involvement with dolls!

7. That would be so much fun...! And I like the idea that other people have already put forth, about having it at doll meet. I bet the pictures from such an event would be amazing...! :D

8. I would love it if my dolly could marry Mortifox's doll Trez... *drools* he is such a handsome boy!

9. i spent i think less than a $100 for the wedding that planned but i guess it comes to group effort ~ and craft skills good too!

10. I would never throw money at something like this... I might do it for fun in my backyard, but I'd never actually buy stuff for it.....

Sorry, gotta be one of those downers who think this is taking things way too far... I mean. the dolls dont.. you know... have feelings >_> I don't think they care if they get married in vienna or a cardboard box. I could think of about 100 things I would rather spend my money on.

11. If I ever had a doll or two dolls who were representations of characters that would get married, then yes, they would get married. The whole thing would basically be another chapter of a photo story...
      I'd probably get them rings, make or buy outfits, and probably host a doll meet. I think it would be fun, we'd get to eat cake and the photo opportunities would be awesome, with all the dolls dressed up in formal clothes. I mean, I wouldn't hire people to do things for me- I'd do it all myself or with the help of friends, but I'd ne trying to make it look authentic. Really, it's an excuse to have fun~

12. well this was for fun for me. Me and my close friend had always wanted to do a photoshoot . still money needs to be spent...and most of it was shared funds...to fill our tummies with food. The only thing thats not spent on ourselves is probably some props for the guest to take home which is a mere $5 atleast and also some outfits (mix and match) which probably we'll use again. Of course we know they don't have feelings . It's all in good fun really. I had lots of fun with the people who attended and it was a really nice bonding session too. Oh and the cake was really good too.

All in all i think it's a fun gathering and a good excuse to have one with a theme ! :3

thats what i think anyway.

13. I'd go for cake~ It would be an excuse for other doll owners to buy fancy dresses for the event. I think if such a thing were to occur in my area I'd love to take part in it at least to help set it up or take pictures. There is a huge opprotunity for the food to be fantastic as well.

14. I would so do it!!

15. If we were inclined to have a Doll wedding then yeah we'd prolly go hog-wild and have cake and everything....it'd all have to be planned out...

But before all that, it'd have to feel right...I mean, I and the other collector would have to be good friends and stuff cause there could be problems down the road and that could cause a problem for the couple....well no one wants that do they?

16. ooo, i like the idea. I already planned a wedding for two RP charecters, why not plan a real little wedding for Lestat and Antebellum? Turn it into a photoshoot/meet up. It would be fun. Not sure where i'd have it. most likely a park, where its free, and then make a cake myself. I'd most likely order Antebellum's dress cause...yeah no way i'd make that. Lestat's outfit to, probubly....ooo, it would be fun. Yeah, i'm gonna have to do it.

Anyway, yeah, i think its a great idea and fun and i wanna go to a dolly wedding.

17. Well, I don't know. I'm kinda iffy about a doll wedding. I can see why people would want to, but at the same time....isn't keeping two real people together hard enough in this world? If it's a wedding between both dolls that you own then I could see where it could be kinda cute. But if your marrying your doll off to a boy or a girl doll in another state, wouldn't that be a tough relationship to uphold? Not just the "relationship" on the doll's part, but also your own with that person? What happens if you and that person stop being friends, do the dolls get a divorce? I mean, it's just an odd situation to me.

18. I adore this idea! I'd have so much fun finding all of the little wedding items. I wouldn't make it a traditional wedding though, so many items can be found to make it a special themed event...I'd love to have one for my doll! Not for myself though, so I guess I could live through my doll's experience XD

Little mini place settings~ eeee! :aheartbea

19. Im not sure...going all out sounds like fun though.

20. I actually didn't do anything photoshoot wise. I just decided that My Soom Beryl and Souldoll Chiron were married. It was more based on the fact that I ordered a Soom Glot and Soom Glati and also a Domadoll Jado centaur. So it moreso came from the fact that I had a little family. I wouldn't do anything with the actual wedding unless I was going to do a shoot. I may HAVE to do a meetup thing at my house, in my back yard. Chairs and everything. Hmmmmmmm..