1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll wishlist

Dec 18, 2010

1. Oh man. My main character, who is my in-progress doll, is constantly undergoing revision. Like, I have a MD Miho head for him, which I love to pieces, but I'm thinking that it doesn't fit him as a character. It's not old enough, not mature enough, to young and innocent looking.

Cue me finding out, just tonight, about the LLT Roderich. Cue me falling head over heels for it. It's close to perfect for him, and after two years of searching for the right sculpt I..... honestly don't know what I'm going to do any more! He's a limited so I'd have to find a second hand head, and he's 70cm, which I never planned to buy! I have a feeling it's going to be very, very difficult to decide whether I need to replace my Miho with him, because it pretty much smashes all my plans. 6____9
      If anything, he is immediately moving to one of the top spots on my wishlist.

2. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      No, but mostly because the priority can change for many reasons. Something being discontinued or available for a special price will get a priority bump, for example.

2.Do you go by acording to your list?
      Yes and no. I try to knock something off of it every so often, but since I have a fondness for short-term releases, the 'get it now or forever hold your peace' releases that come out pretty steadily will often demand my available budget first.

3. Do you look back on your list to make changes?
      Yes. Sometimes something better for whatever I had considered the doll for comes along, or sometimes I see owner pictures that include something that makes the doll unsuitable for what I'd intended.

I don't freak out over such things if I receive a doll that has something that makes me go, 'huh... dunno what I'm going to do with that... ' and work around it, but if it can be avoided, I'll avoid it, and the wishlist sometimes evolves accordingly.

5. if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      My wishlist is there in part as a reminder to look for deals or bargains on those dolls if and when they crop up, either secondhand or from the companies themselves. A bargain one way or the other -- free faceups or shipping or some holiday offer from a company -- will tend to skew me toward that one over the other if they're otherwise equal in priority.

3. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      I list dolls I want, mostly in sections of how much I care about getting them. I REALLY need these dolls, I want these dolls, I like these dolls, and these dolls would be interesting to have. More or less anyway.

2.Do you go by according to your list?
      Oh god no, not at all. I'll most likely pick a doll higher on the list, but sometimes deals and impulse buys are good for the soul.

ALL THE TIME. At least once a month, if not every other week. My 'tops' generally don't change, but every once in awhile I'll think up a new doll or character. I have a list of about 50 dolls that would be cool to play around with, but only 3 or 4 dolls that I'm really shooting for.

5. if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      Usually it comes down to price and availability, I'll likely go for the cheaper one, but if one's in stock somewhere I'll take that one. I hate waiting XD

4. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      Yes, I prioritize mine in order of how much I want each one ^_^;;
      2.Do you go according to your list?
      So far I've only had enough finances to buy one, but when I save up enough for another doll then yes, I will go according to my list
      lol yes, it seems to be getting larger the more I look at other dolls XD
      So far this hasn't happened to me thankfully, so I'm not sure how I would choose ^_^;;

5. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order? i put my first priorities on top, and then i list the rest by company

2.Do you go by acording to your list? i'm going to try...my resolution for the new year is to stick to my top priorities

3. Do you look back on your list to make changes? very often, yes, i'm continually adding, and i try to subtract every now and again.

5. if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want? usually i choose the one i am curious to see the most in real life

6. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order? I did it but now I prefer to wait and have only one project or two.
      2.Do you go by acording to your list? Never XD That's why I don't want to do a wishlist now!

7. 1. Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      I had a BJD wishlist only once, of the most of my BJD, and it was more kind of watching several BJD I really wanted to have at a same time than planning a list. There was not an order I wanted to follow, only some few BJD I wanted to get before than others.

2. Do you go by according to your list?
      Without an specific order, but I got all the BJD which were on that list.

Never. The only changes among my BJD are the BJD which also joined my crew.

4. If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you can't choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      This has never happened to me. I only get BJD if I am really convinced, but if I was not sure, if I hesitated, I would guess maybe none of them both is the BJD I truly want because I always try my BJD to fit, already given or own creation, characters.

8. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?

Not really. Just when I think of a doll I want.

Nope. ^^;

Yes.

Depending on prices, availability, waiting time... Such things.

9. Do you list the dolls you want in order?

The doll at the top of the list is the one I want next. The others usually re-shuffle.

Do you go by according to your list?

I try to but things come up that may change the order. I wanted to place my FCS order next but then a new sculpt with a limited ordering period popped up (LLT Roderich) and it was perfect for the twins. Hard to anticipate things like that.

Do you look back on your list to make changes?

Sometimes. Better sculpts will come out and replace my older ideas. I had a Puki on my list for a while but I know I'm not into little dolls so he's off the list. I never have a long list, maybe six doll tops and the last few are usually vague. I know I want to own dolls from particular companies but I leave it open as to which doll. I figure by the time I get around to buying from them they will have more dolls available for me to consider so I don't want to pin it down yet.

If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?

If one doll is an old discontinued sculpt and it pops up second hand or if there is a special offer or sales event that can change my game plan. A hard to get doll usually trumps an easy to get doll. Now I've been drawn to buying the twin's bodies because of the Dollshe body sale so no FCS for me!

I haven't updated my list in a while. Now that I've answered this I think I'm going to go look at it.

10. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order? Not anymore. In the past I tried to arrange it like that, but things get in the way of staying on track sometimes so I just gave up on that.
      2.Do you go by acording to your list? Sometimes, but I also try to be flexible. The doll I bought for Siofra wasn't on my list at all, but she was a limited so I had to make a quick decision of whether or not to buy her. Going by the list would have meant losing the chance to have her.
      3. Do you look back on your list to make changes? All the time. There are some dolls who are no longer on my list, and one of the dolls on my list now wasn't there a few weeks ago.
      5. if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want? Lots of ways. Sometimes I just say screw it and buy them both, if I have the money. Otherwise, I try to decide which character is most developed or which one seems to be in need of a physical body more, and buy that doll first.

11. Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      Not necessarily, I go through all shops alphabetically then chop that list down to highs and lows of what I really like at the moment.

No, they are just there so that I don't forget about wanting those; because of new sculpts coming out, they might suit my character more so its like a waiting game.

Yes, at first I added all of IOS heads but then took all of them out later. And I even have a "Maybe" list as well because I'm so indecisive.

If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you can't choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      Whichever came up first in the marketplace with the lower cost. Or the character that should come first/next.

12. I just want only one doll. Soom Sabik Elf.
      :sweat

He's the only one I was bothered enough to save his image, bookmark his page, and list him in my wishlist. Aparently, he's the only doll I have to have. XP

I haven't seen any other doll (yet) that I can compare, or rival him. :I
      (That sounds just a tad bit creepy/obsessive...but oh well)

13. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      not really, they are all from the same company and not limited so i don't really categorize them in any particular order.
      2.Do you go by acording to your list? YES! my wishlist changes from time to time but i try to buy dolls that have lasted on there for a long time before the ones that have just been put on the list.
      all the time XD
      i never really have that dilemma, since all my wishlist dolls are standards i don't need to worry about missing them, so i never feel the urge to choose between dolls.

14. Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      Nope... they're listed semi-alphabetically, I guess.
      NO... Well. Kind of? I try to ... but suddenly sometimes doll companies release new lovelies that I just shove the whole list to the side for a moment. Bad. -.-
      Recently I've been changing it a lot! I don't know if I should keep it strictly narrowed down to the few that I REALLY REALLY want and can actually get, or just "want, but will get someday, who knows when", then I thought... it's a WISH list, so whatever, I'm just gonna put down the few I really really must have plus one or two impossibles... makes me have some sort of goal, at least.
      If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      I really don't know! Especially since I want two Senior Delfs.. I like them both... maybe I'll just buy the heads and a body, so they can swap from time to time! lol xD

15. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      Whatever is at the top of the list is what I hope to buy next. Other than that it's sort of in order of when they were put on the list.

2.Do you buy according to your list?
      Not really. Much of the time, the things on my wishlist are bodies or dolls that haven't been released yet and there's no telling in what order they'll be available or they're old limiteds that would have to come up second-hand.

Frequently. Sometimes dolls fall off the list because I bought another doll that is very similar and I can't justify having both. Sometimes dolls fall off because I'm no longer interested once I've seen owner photos. I don't bother to add dolls I'd love to own but know that I won't because they just don't fit in with my crew since they're the wrong scale.

5. If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you can't choose between, how do you decide on the one you want?
      If the dolls are two possibilities for the same character, I decide based on owner photos and comparisons. Generally, the doll I find to be the better choice is the only one to make it onto the list.
      I do have several dolls on my wishlist that are easily available but I haven't ordered them because I have no character worked out for them and random new side characters are strongly discouraged due to lack of space. :sweat

16. 1. Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      Yes :)

2. Do you go by according to your list?
      I plan to. I figure it would be better to handle some 40cm dolls before getting 60cm ones, haha. Plus, I've wanted a MNF Rheia and Karsh for longer than I've wanted any of the others on my wishlist, so I thought it was only fair that they come home first.

Yes, I've made several changes to my list >_>;; But now I'm pretty sure I know who/what I want.
      (.. now that I've said that, the universe will be dumping a pretteh new dollie in front of me, no doubt.. ._.)

5. If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you can't choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      I scour the galleries until I come across that one photo that makes me think, "THAT ONE. Must haaave~!"

17. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?

Now, yes I do. I hadn't done it before but lately, I have so many that I want. So, I'd better list it so I can have my own discipline...especially when setting up a budget...

I also include not only doll but doll things: like i want to buy the props (chairs, etc), excellent professional face-up, and such. I include them because, well, they also need money to buy and sometimes, I may not realize that in total, it can be some quite amount (quite amount to buy a new doll)...So, I include everything now.

Making a list for myself is like making a 'curse' for myself. My mind would somehow, stick to the list. Haha...I was a mess just before this: i want supia, i want narae, i want fairydoll, i want sdc, i want i want i want!!! So, yes, making a list is better so i can see the priority and what doll i'm thinking most. I don't want supia,fairydoll, and sdc so much anymore. I'll keep that to my next next next year wish list...hehe

Case-by-case. Mihmi was not really in my wish list. I mean, I wished it but since I was unsure of getting it, I didn't really expect much. But one day, she popped up and I just grabbed her without second thought.
      It also happened when I bought AE-Coral. I just grabbed her when i had money.

Not to make a change but merely to discipline myself (^O^). It's like: "OK, NICHAN, ARE YOU FORGETTING THAT YOU WANT THESE? These are priority. So stop wanting anything else. They can wait!"...hahaha...

The one I've been dreamed of will be my priority. Like they are currently 2 dolls in my wishlist. Same size, only a few dollar difference but one doll, I want her since the first time I saw her, perhaps before 2009 midyear...so, yes, I must have her first.

Second: if the price is not far different but let's say, one is limited, I'll go for limited first.
      Third: not the least also the money. I can pass the limited one if the price is toooo pricey...

18. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      No, they are on there randomly.

No, I've only ever managed to get two 'wish list' dolls. The rest remain unbought. Mostly because other things keep poppping up.

All the time. Some I just give up on while others are overshadowed by other dolls. Some I just quit wanting. Only a few have any staying power.

Whichever one I have the money for! I have very expensive taste and most of the dolls on my wishlist are $1000+ on the secondary market so I don't think I'll be within reach anytime soon, at least not until Soom stops making dolls I want...

19. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?

Sort of, I try to put the ones I want most at the top, but I don't put a lot of thought into it. I use it to keep track of sculpts I like, but I don't do a lot of planning until I'm ready to save up for a new doll.

If I start searching for my third while I'm still trying to save up for my second, It'll ruin the experience of getting the second for me (I won't be as excited about it) because the third will still be on my mind the whole time. It's hard to explain, but it always happens to me.

2.Do you go by according to your list?

No, the list is just there for future reference. The one I decide on next may not even be on the list and I may even remove some if I find something I don't like about them after I see the sculpt from other angles.

All the time. I'm constantly removing ones and adding others in their place.

* Compare sculpts using owner pictures on Flickr, Deviantart, and DOA.
      * Decide what type I'm looking for at the moment (gender, age, fantasy or non-fantasy)
      * Start working on their personalities, decide which appeals to me most.
      * How rare is it? Will I be able to get it again in the future as easily?
      * Make a list of pros and cons about the face sculpt, body, face-up, company, etc.

20. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      No. I simply put the dolls that may not be available for a long time first.

Not with my first doll, but after that I have.

Often. The main dolls seem to be the same, but other less important ones change. Or I may find a doll that works better for a main character than I had planned. Or the doll I put on the list doesn't look as nice as I thought in owner pics.

I haven't had to decide between two yet.