1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollClans Discussion Part II

Mar 26, 2014

1. Thanks for doing all this admin work on the thread! It's really cool to see all the resource info available for these boys!

Maniah - thanks for compiling the body guide comparison doc!

2. I got my Python and Kien heads! Python has the default faceup... it's nice, but I will probably change it to better fit the character

[​IMG]

3. he looks gorgeous!! :fangirl:

4. thank you ^^ his faceup looks so subtle in the pic.. I can't wait to take actual pics of him. And the Kien head... omg, even blank, I fell hard for him. I can't wait to get him a faceup. I thought I would definitely want something heavy on him, but seeing the mold in person, even a lighter natural faceup would be good.. I might have to have two xD

5. Alyksandr (Kien on SD 17 body) showing off his profile
      in the Florida sun.

[​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

Kien on a PopoDoll 68 body. Resin match is flawless. It's just perfect! Proportions look great to me! I think this picture however was taken at a bit of a downward angle, making his legs look shorter than they really are o.O
      Sorry that I could only take pictures indoors and not outside in good natural light!

The wig doesn't really fit him. It is not his final wig, though I do want long and blonde.

I need a decent outfit for him too. I sewed the pants with fleece since I had a lot on hand, to practice. I need to make him real pants.

There are a few more pictures on my tumbler if anyone is interested in seeing more proportions. http://maniahryu.tumblr.com/post/81099798116/sculpt-dollclans-kien-body-popodoll-68-this

Edited to add: He is wearing an Iplehouse SID woman's tank top. He fits in all the shirts that my Iplehouse SID Large bust girl fits in. He even fits in her pants, though they are a bit short on him.. That's something to keep in mind for clothes sharing if you decide on a Popodoll 68 body.

And if anyone wants nude shots for better proportion comparison, I'd be happy to post them. I don't really plan on taking any more pictures of him though until I get his faceup, and no clue when that will be since the artist I want is booked.

7. The proportions look really good! It's making me think about getting one o_o I have mine on the crobidoll b-line body at the moment and the resin match looks pretty damn good. I actually just (mostly) finished my Kien's faceup. I can't get over how much I love this mold, he's really amazing!

[​IMG]

8. Reitaism I love your Kien <33
      Everyone's boys are looking adorable n_n
      This is my Vezeto, Kite:

[​IMG]

9. Squeee! He is so lovely :D

10. Yaaaaaaaaaay, a new preorder period! Koyote, you will be mine...Oh yes, you will be mine. MWA HA HA!

Ahem. So yeah, anyone else gonna pick up a new DC boy this time around? I'll definitely be putting an order in for a Koyote head in the next few days. He's so pretty!

11. I really wanted to order Koyote but my finances won't allow me this time. :( I need to try again next time. Hopefully next time he is available li will have had enough overtime at work and enough of a raise to buy him easily.

The only other doll things I plan on getting for a while are possibly two faceups. One for Kien certainly, and maybe one for my other doll as well.

I can't wait to see everyone else's Koyote!!

12. Wooh, I love him! :D <3

Your Vezeto is beautiful! He looks so kind ^_^

13. Dammit, I could kick myself! I totally thought I had until tonight to order Koyote, and I missed the preorder... I think I'm gonna cry. I'll have to content myself with other people's piccies until the next go-around. Please post some pretty DollClans boys, someone? I need some cheering up... *sobs*

14. Aww, Genesblues! Don't worry, you'll have another chance to order Koyote in October! ; v ;
      My butler Benkel wants to cheer you up.

[​IMG]

15. I have a photo request, if anyone can help me out!

When I do get my next Dollclans boy, I need him to be a certain height in comparison to my other dolls, including a doll I am only planning at this point. Im needing to see what one of the U-line heads look like on a PopoDoll 1/3 body. If that isn't available, I need to see a body that has similar dimensions. in height, and shoulders.

The PopoDoll 1/3 boy body is supposed to be 63cm tall with the head, and the shoulders are 13cm wide. Im worried that the shoulders wouldn't be wide enough, and he will look like a bobble head. Resin doesn't have to match, Im just needing an example of dimensions.

Any insight or input you can provide, or comparison pictures, would be super helpful!

16. I do have a U-Line boy but don't have a Popodoll. I have several 1/3 boys that are around 62-63cm and shoulders around 13cm (about 13.5 according to website but I can measure). Here's my U-Line boy on a 1/3 body. Body is IOS Class 60 but I also have a Dollstown 15y & BlueBlood Doll which fit the same 1/3 range and shoulder measurements.

[​IMG]

17. Thank you so much Mdonline! I don't think it looks like a bad fit.. but I feel like maybe I need to see it with a wig to be sure. Would it be too much trouble to ask to see him with a wig of some sort on? If it is, no worries. I won't be hurt if you decline :) Im thrilled you posted this for me!

18. Keep the gorgeous pics coming!!!:fangirl:

For those of you who own a U-Line body, how do you like its posability? Pros and cons? It would be awesome to have that perfect resin match when I (someday) bring a Kien home! Thanks for your help!:aheartbea

19. Lilbrokendolly, try here for U-Line Body: Posing ... And if you don't like the posing, there are other companies that are a perfect resin match. (I put my Kien on a Popodoll body for a perfect resin match) Check out Google Spreadsheet: Body matching guide

20. Thanks so much, Maniah! What a helpful link!!! :)

Tags: