1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollClans Discussion Part II

Mar 26, 2014

1. kinda late, but i too stumbled across this company recently, and managed to randomly snatch up a Jaquer head from their site. I was looking for Phython, and still might be, but for either head I plan on using a df-h normal yellow body (df-h & df-a have slight different color resins from what I heard). So hopefully I'll have pretty fresh comparisons for you at some point, since the df-h is also from this year! :love

I personally plan on blushing the head if it doesn't completely match the body, since ...well uh. this body needs a head and the head will be shelling an important character of mine. :XD:

2. Ooh, amazing.:3nodding: I was actually able to get a Kien in the doa marketplace, and with make up.
      The head is from 2014,but the seller said it has not noticeable yellowed.
      He also told me DollClans match Volks normal.

I would love the 86cm or 72cm (preferred) doll family h body for him. However I am unsure if 72cm might be too big for the head, since the head is supposed to be for 65cm bodys.
      And the 68cm body states to have a 11cm neckgrith, whilst DollClans state Kien has 10.5cm. I have no idea if that still works, it's my first hybrid.

I did hear df h may offer color matching, so I will probably ask about that. Surely they will inform me if Volks normal already matches their normal yellow :D

@Karra which body are you planning to get?

3. @Pyoko Yeah! I'll see how it goes too, while I rather not sell off this body I ended up with a 62cm body that doesn't match the head I have (and color matching the other head/body would have been hard just because of the state of it :( ) I hope it'll work on a 62cm and from the specs for the body that Jaquer comes on normally it should be close enough without any bobble headedness for me.

& The 11cm neck girth could possibly work with 10.5cm! It's pretty easy to take off some width from the neck, and since it's only .5cm it might work out good. The 86/72cm might be too big for him though, I had a similar problem because the df-h head I thought about getting for the body after the first head I had didnt work was for a 75cm boy, and 75 was too big to go down to the 62cm body. So Dollclans it was! I think 62 to 65 should be fine. Maybe even 68, but mind the neck size.

4. I am looking forward to see your boy.

Yes, I am unsure too if 72cm wouldn't be to much. I wish someone with a Kien head could slap it on a 72cm body for me xD

The person I bought the head from had him on a 68cm popodoll body and it looked fine head-body proportion wise.
      I really like the df h 68cm body except for the navel. I don't know why but something about how it's sculpted bugs me :sweat
      I also would love his character to be tall, so another plus for the 72cm body.
      But all that won't count if the head looks off with the body *sigh*

5. Hey Barbara! I found your note here and decided to go check out Doll Family as I was looking for a body for a larger head I'm working on, about the same size as Vezeto. Initially I thought about the S-Line body because I liked the shoulder width but then I noticed the problem they're having with integrating Paypal on their site right now. So I galloped off to check out Doll Family and *oila!" I saw the perfect body in the 'H' 75cm. That listing on Alice's Collections said the arms were included with the shoulder width. Maybe someday I'll get the S-Line, but it's a bit on the leaner side of what I was looking for. So thank you for your help! (Even if you weren't aware lol).:thumbup:celebrate

6. hi, Christy. happy to help. I can enable from any place, any time. :lol:

7. Does anybody know if the Kougar head would hybridize well with a 72 cm body from another company? I've been considering Miracle Doll, but might also be interested in others!

8. This is a bit of a stretch but has anyone put a DollClans head on a female body? Specifically Phthon. His facial features really match one of my female OCs. I don’t care for the U line girl body since my character is really quite slim & doesn’t have many curves, and I’m curious about the scale for 55cm-62/63cm bodies since so many of the DC hybrids seem to be on 68cm+ bodies…

9. I've put my old Phython on Feeple65 and Maskcat dolls. He looked ridiculous :mwahaha Can also try Dollzone, but that would be a lollipop man.

10. I severely over estimated how much they need to be on 68+ bodies if that's what they need to be - I put my Jaquer on a 62cm boy body first and it was still erring on the side of silly :lol: So anything smaller, especially on a girl body, would probably look really odd unfortunately, like dunpeald said!

....though now i'm wondering what it'd look like anyway.......i need a good chuckle :evilplot:

11. It's always so impossible to tell how big a doll's head will be... Dollclans has some lovely sculpts and I'm quite sad it won't work out. Thanks for the input tho! And I'm glad I could inadvertently add some humor to your day :lol:

Funny you mentioned Maskcat, I had actually looked at their bodies as a possibility for this specific character that I was considering DC Phython for. (not necessarily with the Phython head and the Maskcat body together, but it's a weird coincidence!) I appreciate the info, tho. Thanks!

12. My Phython at that time had a very feminine face up, so I thought it will be fun to try him on girls' bodies. I have just packed him as we are having a foster cat in tomorrow, but can get you a picture (preferably via instagram, here my images don't always work). And he has a new, more masculine face up.

13. @Mainframe110 - Since you mentioned Maskcat (I love their SD bodies a lot - I own one and she's wonderful!) but are looking for a different head, I wonder if you've ever seen the Nakana doll sculpts? Although their head sculpts are quite feminine, they also have strong noses and maybe with a bit of modding they might be able to achieve the look you are going for? They also have a male sculpt that might work as well. You can find their Instagram page here: Nakana Workshop (@nakana_workshop) • Instagram photos and videos

(Sorry that this is off-topic for Dollclans!)

14. Support hybrids with Nakana heads.
      The only thing to mind is that they are damn yellow, I have colour matched one and just live with how yellow the other is as I love her faceup.

15. @Dunpeald - They have a new white skin color that is more pure white! It just came out, and even though it may not be listed for all the heads yet, I asked and they said it would be applied to the rest as well. That might make it easier to color-match heads (blushing or dying). I'm excited about the new color because I'd love to match with a WS Maskcat body but the previous white looked far too creamy/ivory to work.

16. I've lately found that my Dollclans Phython heads (yes, I have two of them haha) fit very nicely on Doll Family's 68cm male body. In light of this, I'm planning to order two of them in DF-H's ns/yellow sometime early summer, but I'm happy to provide photos and show poses in the meantime. You'll just have to forgive the ns heads on a very pale pink body in the meantime. <3

17. I would love to see. I have an old Kien head I bought second hand and consider that body for him.
      Altough my head seems quite yellow so not sure it would work color wise.

18. @Pyoko Gladly, the imgur scroll album is here. Let me know if this link works okay?

The truly weird thing about it is that, due to the DF-H body being so light (it's in their pink resin), the head looks larger on it when it isn't. The heads are the same size (I checked with a caliper measure), and the shoulders aren't as wide on the shorter Dollclans body (but the difference there is very slight, just under a cm).

Both dolls look more suited to their bodies when wearing wigs, so I think they're just a bit egg-headed/tall on top.

I'm going to order the same body in DF-H's yellow/ns in a month or two and I'll do another comparison once it arrives. Also, for the Phython head on the DF-H body - I've dyed that, as I purchased both of these second-hand and he arrived to me quite yellowed (as well as uneven, likely some sun exposure). Dyeing fixed that nicely, but now he's a slightly pinker ns than Dollclan's natural resin.

Furthermore, the DF-H is far nicer to move and pose. The chest doesn't pop around, the arms have groves so they can hold out in a T pose, the wrists are fully mobile, and the body can be ordered with additional hands, feet, heel legs, and multiple male parts. I think ballerina feet are now also available, and I may order these just to see what they're like. The magnets in the male parts are very strong; my partner didn't know he was 'detachable' until I told her. The resin is silky, nicely-textured. It's a definite upgrade from the Dollclans body, which has cute feet but is by and large pretty frustrating.

#638 Nissa, Apr 20, 2024 at 8:46 PM
      Last edited: Apr 20, 2024 at 8:54 PM
    19. i have a dollclans jaquer on a DFH 68 v2!! and i agree, i LOVE the proportions :D the head and body are both normal yellow - or at least, I believe the DC head is just “normal”. The body is definitely normal yellow and imo matches pretty much perfectly. I’ll have to dig up some photos if anyone wants one, he’s unfortunately put away in storage for a bit. But i can absolutely confirm that Normal Pink does NOT match DC’s normal, and their 62cm is too small :lol:

i think the DC heads are just big noggins in some perspectives, especially without wigs. Some people might be kind of worried when first seeing it. Because i went from 62 to 68 v2, and skipped 65 (i just really love the aesthetics of the 68 v2), i think 65 might also be a little too small, but that’s just my personal taste. 68 v2 looks amazing with the head when dressed because it balances the head out, but imo he still looks aesthetically pleasing & proportionate even without the clothes.

sorry, i got really excited when i saw someone else paired df-h’s 68 with a doll clans head, it’s probably my favorite hybrid so far. I’m not a huge fan of the DC bodies but i think the dfh bodies really enhance the DC sculpt :D i’d love to get more boys at some point, but i need to finish the one I already have! My poor Jacquer doesn’t even have a faceup yet!

20. @Karra Oh I agree, I love this body! It really brings out the potential of Dollclans heads (as well as some Ringdoll sculpts too)! I waited for these bodies - originally two DF-H dolls I wanted to order only fit the original version and I'm no big fan of the waist joint, but then the v.2 came out and it was possible to order it as a 2-part torso vs. a 3-part, and thus! My happiness, and now Phython and Phython (lol) will both get bodies in yellow/ns, and my unpainted one will get sent off for his long-overdue faceup. I'm so excited, and it makes me want to peek at more of the Dollclans sculpts, although I don't think Vezeto will fit on this body, he'd need a body with wider shoulders and a bit of a wider neck I believe. Maybe 'Young Vezeto' though...

Tags: