1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollClans Discussion Part II

Mar 26, 2014

1. Wow! That body has some promising detail. The muscle definition, the detail on the hands and feet. Very nice. Good luck finding pants to fit him though. He looks like he might have quite a package! (An uncircumcised package at that!) So this is going to be the S-Line body then, I'm guessing.

2. Quick photo from a dollmeet yesterday, my Kien looks like he could be in a garage band with the other doll.
      [​IMG]Wanna drag? by Skyealloway, on Flickr

3. Wow, I just found out about this doll company and I have to say... I AM IN LOVE AHHH all of their sculpts are so beautiful. I realllly dig Python (and it seems like he's their most popular one hehe)

but If I'm going to do a hybrid, what company has a good resin match for normal skin?

4. The best is Spirit Doll's Normal and any other company that has close resin matches to Spirit doll's Normal.
      That said....I put my Phython on a Soom Supergem and it was almost a perfect match. Unfortunately...Soom is unpredictable.

[​IMG]

5. i like the dollzone normal :P

6. Orangetarts, there is a link in the very first post to a body matching guide that includes resin comparisons. Popo Doll is one of the companies with a perfect match, but I think they may have gone out of business? Their web page disappeared about a month or so ago and hasn't come back.

7. So it seems like everything is sold out... do they have various pre-order periods or am I just going to have to hope someone sells theirs...? lol....
      not really sure how all this works yet XD

8. They're a small company so they do pre-order periods which goes on for about a week where you can order as many as your credit card allows. Then they close this and start production.

They've actually released a list with all the heads for preorder this year.

Pre-order period date and payment deadline date

Pre-order date
      DollClans will accept pre-order in every date 1-7 of each 2 months.
      Example: February 1-7 / April 1-7 / June 1-7 and so on...

* EXCEPT some months, pre-order date will be different. Please read announcement for each pre-order.

Payment deadline date

Payment deadline is every date 1-8 of each pre-order.
      Example: February 1-8 / April 1-8 / June 1-8 and so on...

* We normally do not accept layaway, except special event by announcement.

2014 Pre-order items list

All items list may be changed depending on our work schedule or any circumstance.
      We might not list new item name or not list which pre-order has new doll / item.
      DollClans will put up announcement for each pre-order again.

FEBRUARY * (Different pre-order date)
      Pre-order date: February 25 - March 4
      - Head: Vezeto / Siber / Wyper
      - Body: U LINE body

APRIL
      - Head: Kien / Jaquer / Koyote

JUNE
      - Head: Phython / Wyper / (possible) New doll

AUGUST
      - Head: Siber / Jaquer / New doll

OCTOBER
      - Head: Koyote

DECEMBER
      - Head: Phython / Kien

Have a nice day~
      DollClans

9. yuan_mdx:omg thank you so much for that info! very helpful ;w; now I have to hope that I have the money for Python by December haha.

10. If it helps, I think I saw a Python up in the market place. The seller might be willing to do a payment plan :)

11. Did anyone read? In order to celebrate their 3rd Anniversary DollClans has decided to offer all sculpts during their June preorder period (everyone except Vezeto, dammit!). And the new sculpt is pushed back to August. Wow...I hope Vezeto comes back soon from his exile. If I knew this was happening I would have gotten his head back in FEB.

JUNE
      Pre-order date: June 5th ~ 12th
      - Head: U Line: Kien, Jaquer, Koyote, Phython, Wyper / S Line: Siber

12. I actually just bought it out of the market place (or at least one of them, since I think there were a few) So I will have him in my hands soon!!! ahh it's so exciting. he'll be a floating head for a while, but it's fine because I can try and get a commission face up done by my favorite artist in the meantime 8D

Ive seen popo doll on mintoncard but they only seem to have one doll on there... so you may be right about them going out of business....
      But I should keep my eyes peeled for one in the market :3 Thanks for the suggestion~

13. Actually...Popodoll hasn't gone out of business but they've pruned back their dealers. I was browsing Taobao and ruten (Taiwanese ebay) yesterday and found dealers for them there. They are still very much in business.

14. Oh thats good to know! I will just have to scour harder then :33

15. So Im looking to put my python head on a body that isnt more than maybe 65cm....and right now thats looking like it's damn near impossible ><
      Unless I buy the actual dollclans U-Line body....which Im honestly not super fond of since it's single jointed and doesnt have a torso joint :/ What do?

16. Phython's head...despite being only 21cm....actually looks larger because his features are larger. I put him on a Soom Super Gem body, which is 65cm and the proportions look about right. The older SuperGem body is SD17 size while the newer SuperGem body is...buffer. But can still wear SD17 sizes. See pic with Phython on SuperGem body...sorry not body shot.
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/32064703@N07/14016064139/

Here's a comparison between the two bodies (old body on left and new body on right) in case you decide to go with this. The two of them are both 65cm even though the newer body looks taller.
      Neck is perfect fit.
      The resin on the left is actually a good match with DollClans normal (do bear in mind that Soom's resin is unpredictable and you never know what you're going to get).
      [​IMG]

17. Do you know how he would look on a switch 65cm body? I was looking at it today and I really love everything about it.... but Im not sure how the preportions are gonna be or the resin match... does anyone have one to check it out?

18. does anyone know when that body they were teasing pics of is going to be released? it looked amazing...

19. I have a feeling it might come out the same time they release the new sculpt....which incidentally has been pushed back to August.

20. i guess that would make sense... it feels like forever since they showed something for it xD if i have the money before preorders are up, i definitely want that memorial book <3

Tags: