1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollFamily -H and -A mini dolls discussion

Dec 18, 2009

1. Hello everyone :) !

I am not sure this is the right place, as I don't have a pure Doll Family doll right now, but I bought a Doll Family A girl head in January 2016 to use for face up practice and she just had such a great resin match with the white Dollzone boy body, that she took it over for now xD. I love her face, it's great for face ups and very versatile. I am not actually sure which name her sculpt is, as when I bought her, she was only labeled "Doll Family A practice head". If anyone knows the name of the sculpt that would be awesome :) .

Here is the blank head (at the back of her headcap she has the black DF-A button-thingy) :

[​IMG]

And the same head with face up and temporary wig (and on a Dollzone boy body):

[​IMG]

2. The sculpt really is just called 'doll family a practice head', but someone mentioned hearing its a version of Bach's head. That seems kind of likely as the Bach doll does look really similar.

I finally got mine a body! (Doll Legend 44cm thin). Judging from the waiting room thread it should be here in a bit over 2 months. I'm a bit worried about resin matching - it seems everyone isnt having a problem with it, but everyone who has this head has it in white or pink and mine is normal yellow. I'll just have to deal with it, though. I also got him some eyes when I was in Japan last week.
      He looks pretty creepy right now but I cant do his faceup for a little while longer as I still dont have my respirator and a few other things.
      [​IMG]

3. @Torino thanks a bunch for the info! I checked out the Bach head and gotta say: VERY similar, so maybe it is actually based off the Bach head. Which is interesting, because I thought of the head as a girl all this time, but it seems to work just as great as a boy :) !

As for the resin match: All I can say for now, is that the white skin resin match for the practice head and Dollzone body is great. The resin does feel different though.The DZ body is very smooth, while the practice head is a bit rough, which I personally prefer for a face, as it makes drawing face ups easier for me :) .

Cheers & Looking forward to seeing your boy all completed :) !!

4. He's finally finished!
      I'm not good at faceups - this is the first time I've really done one after all - so its not final, and I'll probably be redoing him eventually. I can't now because I've run out of MSC and am moving to Japan in two months, so I'll probably redo it after I get back in a year or so. His lopsided mouth does bug me a bit.
      His eyes were sanded open a bit more.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Also changed his eyes from the Volks ones I had originally - I just didnt like the colour, plus after his eyeholes got bigger they made him look really starey and a little creepy pft. These Luts ones work a lot better.

edit- Also should add that the Doll Legend body is a near-perfect match (both normal yellow).

5. Oh wow, he's super cute!

6. I don't own a DF doll, but I was browsing this thread and just wanted to say that your boy looks fantastic! :thumbup

7. Thank you both of you! It means a lot cos I'm kind of self-conscious about my obviously amateur faceup skills;;
      But oh well, it's all practice.

8. I really like the face up! You did a great job :3
      Will you take him with you? Or leave him at home while being in japan?

9. Its such a hard decision, to be honest! I'm already taking my smartdoll and 4 small Azones (1/6), vinyl is lighter and less delicate after all. I was just going to pack them all in a box and mail that to my jp address before I leave. But he'd have to probably go in his own box and be a lot more securely packed.
      Since I may only stay a year I don't really want to have too much luggage so it's probably best if I don't bring him...especially considering that I plan to make the most of my geographical convenience and increased salary to get more dolls!
      I think I'll just pack him up so that he's in an ready to ship state (I have to do this anyway just for the peace of mind that he's safe and secure and not getting dusty) and if I feel like I really want him with me I can ask for him to be shipped.

10. Well i took my boys in my hand luggage...
      i was in japan just for one month but still i needed to take them with me...eru wanted to see his minimee so there was no way around that XD

yes if you pack him you can always ship him to you.

11. My newest mod is on the Practice head or Bach. I kind of like that name and since he doesn't have one perhaps, he will keep it. The inspiration drawing is by tamtamdi on deviatArt. I should have done a little more sanding but I was getting anxious to see him faceuped.
      [​IMG]gijinka primeape by SteamWitch BJDmama, on Flickr

12. Wow! I'm so impressed with all the things others are doing with this head. I haven't seen two that look the same yet!

I'd love to see him with a body too!

edit: some more of Felix...
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Can't wait to get him better fitting clothes ;-; The short sleeves bother me a little.

13. Nice to meet you all! I'm here to revive the DF thread with my first BJD, a DF-A Vivian!
      I couldn't find any pictures of her blank sculpt on the internet; in fact, neither AC BJD nor DF-A had pictures of her blank head. For anyone curious, this is what she looks like without a faceup:
      [​IMG]
      Apologies for it being somewhat out of focus!
      Unfortunately I leave for school out of state tomorrow, so she'll have to go back in the box for a while. :(
      I also got a free Bach head because of the summer event, but I have no idea what to do with it.

14. These are my two Bach heads. I gave Draven to a friend and I worked on my smiling maniac who is still without a name.
      [​IMG]DSCF4197 by SteamWitch BJDmama, on Flickr
      [​IMG]

15. Wow, it's really interesting to see the Bach head with a face up! It makes it look so different. That's what I love about the BJD community :) Love those piercings, too!

Also, you've made a lot of progress on the smiling face mod, it's fantastic! Are you planning on adding some physical teeth or will they stay as they are?

16. I was looking at my Bach head and noticed how much bigger he was than my Vivian head! According to Alice's Collections the body proportions between his body and Vivian's body are almost exactly the same.
      Maybe DF-A made his head sculpt bigger so that, with his body proportions, he seems younger?

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

(Apologies for poor lighting and blurry pictures!)

17. that's right
      he's bigger
      I dunno how it is on a body. sometimes you won't see the difference when wig and clothing is on

18. That's true. Adding clothes, wig, accessories, and even faceup makes a huge difference! It can change the look of proportions.

Today I finally had enough and took my DF-A Vivian apart. She's been kicking and and snapping because of how tightly the company strung her. When I took her apart, there was some resin dust in the joints. I'll probably have to wash her before restringing.
      I did feel amused at taking her apart and took pictures in the beginning.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. haha so it's not just me who unstrung the doll cause it was too tight.
      annoying but nice to know nothing changed in 5 years

20. My baby has been sitting on my desk next to me the past couple days, I just love this outfit on him so much. He'll be 4 in June too, I've had him for a while now, and it'll stay that way too since he's on my never ever EVER even consider selling list <3
      [​IMG]