1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollFamily -H and -A mini dolls discussion

Dec 18, 2009

1. I realized belatedly that my Yue Jian's face suits one of my other characters better, so now Ezra is going to be Orion instead! (Not sure who my previous Orion is going to be yet.) To celebrate, here's a pic I took of him today that looks vaguely like he is plotting my untimely demise.

[​IMG]

I so love this boy's expression.

On another note, does anyone have pics of DF-A's Julian or Wind (elf) with custom face-ups? I'm contemplating getting one of them in the future, but I'd prefer my own take on their faces.

2. @xyuemoto Thanks! I made his necklace myself, and the wig just ended up suiting the character perfectly!

I still need to give him his tattoo and manicure at some point, but for right now, I'm pretty happy.

Here's a picture of him looking slightly less evil:
      [​IMG]

3. @Magnus Vale - His hair looks so soft in this one, haha. I need to get into making my guys more stuff.

4. Did a trade, got in some new clothes, and I think I've found a style I love on my girl Kandy <3 I'm just digging the plunging neckline. The dress came with a shirt to wear under it, but I'm thinking no xD I was planing on going a more emo look for her. Any ideas on how to get this to lean more towards it?

As an aside...if only it wasn't a forever wait to order additional parts. I'm already waiting on heel feet for her but the hands in the same style are killing me. The jointed hands just look funny and I'm thinking of selling the two sets that I have of them.

[​IMG]

5. @Peneyofdeath - What if you choose different colour and/or style for the buttons and that ribbon belt?

6. @xyuemoto That's a cool idea. I just grabbed a spiked collar that fit noone and added some length to the chain, so spiked belt xD. Cut the fingers off some slightly too big gloves to give her some fingerless things. Maybe I can find some skull buttons with red to tie in the shoes....

7. A while back I noticed DF-A discontinued most of their 1/4 sculpts (or at the very least they disappeared from Alice's Collections), but now they are all gone from ACBJD except for a chubby BB. Did DF-A just completely discontinue their 40cm line?

8. The regular msd line still shows up on Alice’s Collections for me.

edit: Scratch that, I was looking at DFH. Try emailing AC? They’re still listed on LegendDoll

9. AC has confirmed, the 40cm line was completely discontinued.

However, they said DF-A plans to release new 40cm dolls.

10. Thanks for the info, I'm kinda glad I ordered DFA's Julian before too late now, but it'll be a pain to replace his head if I ever need to. Heck.

11. My DF-H Nan Xing head came in the mail on Friday. I ordered it from Alice’s Collections back in May. I plan on hybrid in her onto a Doll Leaves dream body, when I get around to buying her one, but for now she’s sharing with another head I have at home.

anyways, I did her faceup tonight! I’m really happy with how she turned out! I hope you guys like her, too. I named her Iris.

[​IMG]Iris by Nikki Kelly, on Flickr

12. I bought one of the Doll Family A practice heads from Alice's Collections and was wondering what kind of body fit on it. For reference, this is the head. I've asked in the Large Dolls forum but it sounds like this head might be for an MSD body.

13. @SaltedPretzel It wears a 7" wig and I've had a few myself, they are definitely MSD size and very cute. I had mine on Dollzone bodies.

14. Thanks for the info!

15. My DF-H 1/4 Girl body ver. II in Normal Yellow came in yesterday after a year of waiting and finally finishing my layaway. And it is even more beautiful than I thought :D It's my new favorite MSD body! And the jointed hands are so wonderfully! It's perfect....

...Except like i thought, it is waaay too yellow for my hybrid :( But luckily, DF-H offers resin matching :kitty2 so I'm gonna sell this body and the jointed hands (It'll be listed on the marketplace probably later today) and request a color matched one instead.

16. #318 stardustguts, Dec 5, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    17. @stardustguts - Thanks a lot. I ordered a normal yellow body and am trying to hybrid it as well.

18. I'm also considering the v2 girl body with an Unoa faceplate. Would anyone be willing double check their body's neck circumference for me? The site says 8cm but I'd really love a second opinion. Or any photos of an unoa head next to/on a DFH body. DFH heads seem to be in the 18cm range so I'm worried about the head looking way too small or not fitting at all... :eusa_pray