1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollFamily -H and -A mini dolls discussion

Dec 18, 2009

1. I used acrylic paint on his face-up. ^-^ Acrylic pains are fine, just be sure to thin them, or they gob. XP Really Umber? I got my Testors from the model cars section, which is the only place I seem to be able to find it. XD Hobby Lobby doesn't stock MSC. XP

2. I used Testors because it was all I had access to for a while, and it's better than nothing, but I did hate it - it yellowed and got dirty really easily. Some people swear by it, though, so YMMV.

3. I've not noticed mine yellowing or getting dirty easily. My MSC'd doll gets dirt on him way easier than my two with Testors, and one has a full body painting done with Testors over it. I think it just depends.

4. [​IMG] Newb faceuper alert! xD

5. X3 Take says....

His eyebrows are uneven.

<-< I don't quite think yours are even enough, either, but shush. You're a first face-up too, we all start somewhere~!

[​IMG]

I like his face anyhow. And yours isn't bad! Possibly layer some more colour on the lips, as they seem to fade into the face, but perhaps you like a very nude mouth. ^-^

6. Yeah i know his brows are uneven, but I like the weird quirky expression they give him when wigged. xD As for the lips, yeah. I don't dig all that lip lining and stuff. He'll be getting a redo once i get some more acrylics and some pastels that are a better shade of pink. It was weird, i was trying to add some color to his top lip and it refused to take any of it. So I guess he was like "dude i'm good. STOP IT." and I let it be.

Oh here's some pictures.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...F-Xiangyi-First-gallery&p=6633382#post6633382

7. Well, you have to do more than one layer of pastels, because once the 'tooth' of the sealant is full, you have to spray a second layer and put more on. If you just keep adding tot he first layer, you'll start removing what you already put down.

8. You must saaaaaave for the Wind~ *works her voodeedoo*

[​IMG]

You want me. It can't be helped. *sigh*

9. Does anyone else like how defined the DF boy's collarbones are? I think it's a really attractive feature.

Edit: bought some ringdoll clothing. It'd fit if his badonkadonk didn't pull them so tight in the front.

10. Hello everybody ^^
      I come to decorate your topic with a new "Doll Family".
      It is about Wind. His name is Eike Fry.
      He does not belong to me but to my best friend. However, he lives at home ^^
      Here is thus Eike ^^

[​IMG]

11. I suppose no one looks or posts here now, and there aren't anymore DF guys, but I did take some photos of mine... In the snow even. He wants a long leather duster now. >->;

[​IMG]

At least he had a hood... That he refused to wear. -_-

12. I own an MSD Rain and he is so adorable. It's so odd how these dolls seem to have characters of their own. Anyone else's DF doll totally opposed to wearing clothes? They all seem to have a mischievous streak to them once they arrived. Rain looked SO SWEET in the product pictures, but obviously it didn't turn out that way. Here's a picture of his default faceup.
      [​IMG]

13. KaywinnitLeeFrye, my but he's a stunning doll. Do you have more pictures of him anywhere? I've been hanging out for some owner pics of this little guy as he's on the short list for next possible doll. What's his body like? Is that his default face up?Oh and is that the NS-P skin?

14. Take spends a lot of time showing off his chest. >-> Which totally makes me want to find a modder who can work on his body and give it some definition a la the RS bodies I already have. Just some faint muscle tone. So yeah, they definitely are not clothes-wearing guys. X3 Awesome to see another DF guy on the board, that's for sure!

That's a really nice default face-up. I bought my Wind blank and painted his face myself, since I had a specific character and therefore look in mind.

[​IMG]

Another spam shot of Take, just for kicks. X3 He had a hood on, but he didn't want to wear it. He's in the default DZ Mo-2 outfit, without the long sleeved shirt, it's in a box because it's like... Satan. Stains everything. Horrible item. But yeah. The fur on the hood was an awesome contrast.

15. Sure, I have some from a meet. My personal camera isn't set up yet for photoshoots. And yes, that's the default faceup. He's normal pink skin, yeah. He's REALLY pink in person. And his body poses really well (especially for coming strung so tightly). The body itself is slightly shiny and is very smooth, and the shape is pretty young. And trust me, you'll want to wait on buying him pants until you get him. His butt is ROUND. Sir Mix-a-Lot would approve. Here are some pictures of him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got those shorts from Crobidoll and THAT BUTT basically refused to fit. If you want more photos of his body/face/joints/etc. Just let me know and I'll take some.

16. Lol I know all about the DF guy's junk in the trunk getting in the way. I had to WORK to get those leather pants on Take. XD Once you get them up they fit fine, but that BUTT! XD If it were a girl I would understand, but guys should not have butts that curvy.

17. Wow everyone! Thanks for posting all the pictures. The MSD Rain is gorgeous as is Wind. I'll definitely be considering one of these, thanks again guys ^^

18. Thank you winged :D

19. Hello!
      I've just seen this thread and as my Isis :aheartbea is a Doll Family, there goes some spaaaaam!

She's a Zi You on a female body (msd) and she has a makeup from the company.

She has a wonderful body, does the japanese seiza sitting without any problem (double joints), stands like a rock, and has such a beautiful face.

[​IMG]