1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollfie Dream Dynamite

Nov 6, 2008

1. I don't have any problem w/ my DDII hands on DDdy. They are the same as far as I can tell.

2. *headdesk* RIGHT after I bought a character doll because I wanted the body!

Oh, good news on the hands -- I'd been eyeballing the option hands, but I didn't want to buy them if they wouldn't work on the DDDy body. W00t!

-- A <3

3. The hands will work. In fact, I have my Yoko's hands on my Rin lol

4. Arg! Maybe the lack of choices was a good thing- now that the DDdy is actually obtainable, I can't decide which suits my girl better! :doh The DDII seems too skinny but the DDdy not skinny enough!

To those of you that own both, the difficulty of finding clothes that fit aside, which body do you prefer? Like, how it looks, how it poses, etc. I want to hear the advantages and disadvantages!

5. Type II body for me. I find them easier to pose and stand on their own than with the DDdy bodies.

And I know you let the clothes "issue" aside, but finding clothes for my LB DDs it tough enough, but for my DDdys, it close to impossible (unless you live in Japan, buy off of Y!J, or want to make your own clothes). That's the main reason why my DDdy girls don't get out as ofter as my Type II ones.

TC

6. I think the DD II bodies look better

7. Ah thanks Mr. Postman! I forgot about this thread. Anyway, I can see how the larger body could lead to balancing issues, but what do you mean by harder to pose? Are the joints tighter/looser, is the range of movement less, etc?

Dollfiegirl, I noticed you're necroing alot of DD-related threads. Check the date of the last post in a thread before you reply, in the case of most threads it's considered rude to bump up a thread a few months old or older, unless you have important news to add to the conversation.

8. Well, to the best of my knowledge, the Dynamite body sits on the same internal frame as the Type II body. They both share the same hands, arms, legs, feet, and heads. The torso/hip pieces is the only different that I can tell. To give the DDdys a "shaply" hump, the bottom part of the hip (where they join with the top part of the legs) has been extended, so it prevents the legs from swinging back as far as the Type IIs. Both types stand well (but the DDdy are a bit more "top heavy" that their Type II sisters), but sitting and crouching positions are more limited. So yes, I would say the their range of motion is slightly less, then the Type IIs. At least that's my experience with posing them for photo shoots. I own the first two DDdys (Kanu and Ryomou), so it's possible that Volks has made improvements with the newer ones. I will be getting Sasara soon, so I'll check to see if she different from my first two DDdys.

Also, I concur with you about reviving this thread. It is an "active" thread, as long as Volks keeps producing DD Dynamite girls. But it's also important to make sure that you are adding to the actual topic, rather than something random. DG* is a new member, so I'm sure they'll get the hang of proper posting soon enough, since we've all "been there, done that" ourselves, one time or another. ;)

TC

9. Wait, so only the torso parts are different? So in theory, if Volks started selling the DDDy hip part (they already sell DDDy busts), you could convert an existing DDII into DDDy?

I would've thought that maybe the legs would be different but I don't own one to examine extensively.

10. With having Type I, II, and Dynamite girls, that's what it looks like to me. It makes sense though, that way Volks wouldn't have to remold a completely new set of exterior body parts or internal skeleton for the DDdys. In theory, you could "convert" a Type II into a DDdy, or vice verse, once both the hip and bust "replacement" parts become available. Since Volks carries a complete set of replacement, including M and L sided busts and hips, for the Type II, it's only a matter of time when they'll release the DDdy hips too.

TC

11. Nice! That's good to know Mr. Postman, thanks!

Now a more important question: do DDDy have a significantly bigger butt? :lol:

12. Not a problem. Let me resurrect this post I made waaaaaaaaay back on Page 11, comparing a LB Type II with a DDdy.

Yeppers, DDdys have "more junk in the trunk..."

Someday, I'll get around to doing "comparison" shots of all the different girls. With Moe coming sometime in January, that will add a new size to the DD lineup.

TC

TC

13. The legs are slightly different too, see my comparison post here :
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267297

Also the internal frame might have some minor differences as I seem to be able to do different poses with the torso twist and knees on the DDdy, but I didn't "peel off" everything off my DDdy to check it out lol.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2597/3810255107_7434f8538a_b.jpg
      http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2564/3810276239_264ca60382.jpg

14. Whoa whoa whoa! How did I manage to not notice that Moe is S-bust?! I think I just kinda skimmed and inserted "M-bust"... *_* I wonder what it'll look like! You can kinda see her bust in this picture:
      http://www.figure.fm/post/en/3899/Natsuki+or+Moe.html

Sasara has been growing on me lately... Nooo, I promised myself no limited dolls! But that face... ;_; I have posted a WTB in the marketplace now hoping I can find her head, so far she is not on the MP at all, and while I found a few of her on Y!J they are all for the fullset and over 1k. When she originally went up for sale I wish I had given her a second glance other than "oh, she's shapely bust, not what I need. Move along." :doh

15. Yeppers, Moe is the first Dollfie Dream that I know of that has a "Small Bust", so she'll be tiny compared to my other girls. I guess she would be Volks' new DD "Implosion" girls... :lol:

I felt the same way about Sasara at first too. With the helpful assistant of one of the Volks sales staff, I decided to try for her, at the last moment. I was lucky enough to get her. But yes, Sasara is a DD Dynamite girl, so she's gonna have a very large bust.

TC

16. Do any of you that have bouth dd2 and dynamite body, try to put the breast part from the dynamite body, on the older type 2 body. Just to see how it will look. Since the dynamite body is out of stock, and volks does not know when it will be available again... Need a big busted girl :(

17. In a word, no. Sorry. Take a look at this (the second post from the top of the page): http://hawk.he.net/~emory/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2865&start=20

But if the DDdy is what really suits your girl, I'd wait for it. Volks international might get it in sooner than Volks USA? Maybe? It was in stock a month or so ago, and I'm not sure whether Volks USA has gotten it in at all yet.

18. The Dynamite body and optional parts will be available on January 9th at the Volks USA site. I sooo want one because I want to make a twin sister with a different body for my Arienrood (HDD-03 with DDI) but I have work that day and at the time ordering is open:...(. Maybe I should call in sick.:lol:

19. just a shame for us not living in usa, we can't order from them :(