1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollfie Dream Dynamite

Nov 6, 2008

1. The Volks USA site has the DDDy body ON SALE. NOW. So everyone looking for that "up front" look to your doll needn't wait any longer.

2. That's January 9. Not "NOW".

3. I met a DDy (Sasara Kusugawa) for the first time this Christmas, she belongs to a friend. She's beautiful. Makes me so want a DD (large bust), it's hard to get cloths for DDy. I love the weight and I actually prefer vinyl dolls. My mom who is also a doll lover and collector won't let me have a DD, she does not like the anime look, she finds their eyes and busts too big!....I so wish for one! The DD's joints are not as flexible as I've thought.

[​IMG]

4. Almost gave me a heart attack:lol:. I know the sale is on the 9th but this had me running to the Volks site.
      Plus I'm so happy!! I convinced my supervisor to let me come into work an hour later, so that means I could try for a DDDy body on the 9th!!!:sumomo::dance

5. I really love that Sasara Kusugawa Dollfie...I am hoping to find one some day. Love the jacket.

6. This (old) link isn't working. Does anyone happen to have any photos of this experiment or would be willing to give it a go?

I'm interested in both DD bust on DDdy, and DDdy bust on DD. I'd like to see pics whether it works or not.

7. Go here:
      http://www.dollfanatic.com/forums/p...sid=0f802b83fa39bd346628288dcc818b37&start=20

13doll seems to have moved because the latest posts on that board are from November, where it went I can't figure out.

8. Try here - http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/ - "A new home for the residents of 13doll." :)

9. I was the original poster for that on 13Doll.

The DD2 large and medium bust will fit on the DDDy abdomen, just barely. As you can see from the photo below, the bottom of the DD2 bust has to be stretched to fit over the wider waist of the DDDy abdomen and you will have to remove the hard plastic "rib cage" to accomplish that.
      [​IMG]

The DDDy bust on the DD2 abdomen is an even worse fit. With the DDDy bust cut up higher under the bust, there isn't a smooth transition to the narrower DD2 waist.
      [​IMG]

My best guess is the reason the DDDy busts are being sold separately (but not the abdomens) is that there are two slightly different versions of the DDDy bust, the Normal DDDy and the Shapely DDDy. So you could swap between the two on you normal skin DDDy body.
      [​IMG]
      Normal on the left, shapely on the right.

Also, the thighs are larger in diameter on the DDDy than the DD2. So the bust, abdomen, and thighs are the difference parts wise between the two bodies.

10. Thank you, K-2! I was thinking of cutting a bit off of a DDII L bust, and fitting it onto the DDdy. Do you think that would work or have you tried it? The DDdy boobs look too silly to me.

[​IMG]

11. can you actually change the DDD bust size? i ordered her body and love it just not the chest so big

12. Yup it's been done by a few people. You just have to make sure to cut it very evenly so that it doesn't look all weird. L bust looks best imo, M bust looks ok too but probably won't fit good in some DDdy outfits. Here's the M-bust http://www.flickr.com/photos/dollfiedreamaddict/4876144692/
      (click the link underneath in the photo comments to see the fullsize)

13. Yes you can. There are actually two slightly different DDDy busts, the DDdy-B-01 / Bust (Normal) and the DDdy-B-02 / Bust (Shapely)
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

As previously stated, the DD2 large and medium busts will fit but it is a stretch over the larger DDDy underbust.

The shape of the bust is exaggerated to give that currently fashionable "push-up bra" look under the right outfits. So sure, their shape looks a bit strange without clothes.

14. This has got to be one of my all time favorite dolls - and yet what keeps me from buying her is $$$$$$$$!!! I need to seriously put aside some money for her now, since she is getting harder, and harder to find for sale - Ideally - I would have both DDdys of Kanu and Ryomou diplayed in my room in fighting poses (mid-battle) against each other... I think chibichibiusa did something like that on Flickr... not too sure^_^

15. I really want to do a DDDy hybrid at some point, does anyone know how easy/hard it is to get the body here in England? I've never even looked at Volks before so I know nothing about them other than I love the DDDy body shape.

16. Normally, you could buy it from the Volks Japan website, but it seems they are out of stock at the moment. You may want to contact Volks customer service at [email protected] and ask when the next restock is. (They speak english, but don't expect a response over the weekend.)

17. Thanks hun! I might just do that.

18. Me again, couple of total noob questions coming:

1) what boobs do you get when you order the body? I see there's different types but the picture at Volks isn't clear as to whether you get the normal boobs or shapely when you order the body.

2) What are the measurements? I see no mention anywhere either on Volks or anywhere on the net about bust, waist and hip measurements. Not useful if you're planning to make your own clothes.

Thanks for any help :)

19. The body comes with the Normal bust according to the Volks USA site.

20. DDDy w/ normal DDDy Bust
      Height 62cm (depends on head)
      Neck (circ.) 9cm
      Shoulder Width 11.5cm
      Arm Length 15.5cm
      Wrist (circ.) 5.4cm
      Bust (circ.) 27cm
      Under Bust (circ.) 19cm
      Waist (circ.) 16.6cm
      Hips (circ.) 28cm
      Thighs (circ.) 17cm
      Calves (circ.) 11cm
      Inseam 28.5cm
      Ankle (circ.) 7.5cm
      Feet (length) 6.3cm

+/- a mm or two. PM me if you need a specific measurement.