1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollfie Dream Dynamite

Nov 6, 2008

1. You should get her :love! So then I can stealthily kidnap her >:]!

But yeah, I really want to check out the series now :)

2. For those interested, there are actually three different Ikkitousen anime series. The first, which is just called Ikkitousen, is done by a different production crew and Kanu is barely in it and they also mess up her character. It's the only one that's been licensed in the US, though all three have been subtitled by various subbing groups.

The second two are Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny and Ikkitousen Great Guardians and are more in tune with the actual feeling of the manga. Kanu and her friends get more focus in these even though they are not the main characters. DO NOT buy the Tokyopop translated manga they call Battle Vixens, it's an absolutely terrible translation that someone should be shot for.

A fair word of warning for anyone who does not like gratuitous panty shots and female nudity. The show is not for you, hehe, though I think it manages to have a fairly amusing plot with compelling character development in spite of the fact that it uses every excuse it can think of to have panties or boobs flash every 25 seconds.

3. I've never been quite this tempted by a DD before.
      But I am reeeeealy wanting Ryoumo. <3

I blame Mr. Postman.

4. Is it me or is the Azone Ryoumo costume a TON better than Volks? The hair too?? I wish DD weren't so expensive! After seeing a couple in person I really love them!

5. The thighs and bust look bigger ( I ddnt think that was possible! they get any bigger they are going to need their own doll stand! )

The one thing about DDs that bother me is their joints that seem very delicate, mostly the wrist and elbows but I have only seen them in pictures or in a box at Volks.

Are they redesigning these parts?

6. I've not had any issues with the wrists or elbows on my DDII. They're rather sturdy, so I wouldn't think they'd need a redesign.

This new body looks to me to have a new upper and lower torso, but the rest of it looks pretty much the same as the DDII.

7. Thanks for all the info :D!

8. The DDII body is about 58-60cm high, I'm guessing this body will be in the same scale.

9. I like the hair on the Azone one too, I like how they did it in 2 tones. DDs are not so exepensive... they are much cheaper than Super Dollfies :lol:

10. I dont like the idea of the body changes, but More anime series that are more known is a good idea, but i dont really care much for these two although i love DD ^^

11. Um, maybe for the Ryoumo, but I think Kanu's is better then the Azone. Are the Azone's wigs or rooted hair? I really do like the Azone style, but I think I like the Volks hair better. I am just glad they are not as expensive as the SDs. I really do love the DD's too and I am in love with Kanu. The face old, the body, the skin tone. I love it all!

12. I imagine the series is fairly popular in Japan amongst fans. It's kinda interesting to see what shows are popular there versus the shows that become popular here and when they match up.

Still, it's probably a good thing I don't actually watch much anime, it might make me want more dolls. :whee:

13. These parts not delicate at all. ^_^ Never had an issue.

14. Both Azone dolls have wigs. Wig is japanese is written &#12454;&#12451;&#12483;&#12464;.

The Kanu doll's body uses the inner frame from Obitsu50 and the outer body is designed by Yamato, wig, costume, gloves, glove wrists part, normal wrists, shoes, "blue dragon blade", earring(s), magatama, vmf50&#23554;&#29992;&#12525;&#12540;&#12502; (vmf50 private robe? is that supposed to be underwear? hehe (lame translation)

There arent any details about the heald mold, I'm guessiing it's made by Yamato too? *_* (goes off trying to find the yamato website)

I think its really cool she has her magatama earring, even if we can't see it in any pictures!

15. Found the page on Yamato's site :
      http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/release_006/index.html
      It really looks like she has painted eyes. I much prefer the volks head, but the body muscle definition on this one is truly awesome. Check it out with that photo zoomer thing. I probably would get the doll just for the ripped sexy body if I found it hehe.

16. I like the faces on the volks girls better but love the azones clothes.<3 Ikkitousen is such a cool show , wish more was licensed in the U.S.

17. wow those 21cm girls are really cute!
      how do I order from azone? by the way i'm in California.

18. Sadly I don't think they ship internationaly. I buy their stuff from Hobby link japan (www.hlj.com), ebay, yahoo jp auctions...

we are getting a bit off topic... i guess its partly (or mostly?) my fault haha

19. I also prefer the Volks better. (But thanks Chibichibiusa for linking to the site. I love that they do anime males as well!)

I think both of these dolls are really well done. I think Volks is just getting better and better lately with it's DD (and it's SD) molds!

20. Off-Topic:
      Yes, I like the Azone type clothes waay better. U_U;; However in terms of texture Volks do make better looking uniforms sometimes.
      On-Topic:
      So it seems the new 'DDD' are taller possibly and have a higher chest joint, bigger chest, and resculpted bottom torso. :D So are those gloves on their hands or are they just hands with sculpted gloves. I hope the gloves aren't sculpted or if they are have them come with opt. bust and hands~