1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollgru heads Discussion!

Jul 14, 2009

1. Im planning to get #6 Woo, ( simply cant describe how much i luff him) but, i admit that #8 its lovely :3

2. Doll Gru head 09!!! ><
      gosh! I love it

3. I love him too,))

4. I totally love mine!! 8DD

5. Little bump for this thread ^^

Anyone else get in on the last order?
      I got two heads; an 08 and an 09, but i'm not sure what bodies to get them :sweat.

6. Yes, I also ordered an #08 and an #09!

If you go to kappa's website she gives very good ideas for bodies. You can also do a search here on DOA...type "kappa" and find one of her pre-order threads, I found one on page two. Under each picture of head 8 and 9, click on the line "for body/skin comparisons". I love the look of the Infinity body :)

By the way have you heard any news when they might be shipped?

Cheers

* Picture of new #10 head is now on kappa's website *

7. Mine uses one of my Luts SDF bodies. :3 The fit and resin match is quite lovely in my opinion. 8D

8. I've seen all the pictures on Kappa's site... they're so awesome! I'm pretty excited for her new head as well x3 I -think- they should be shipping any day now, as she said 4 weeks, and it's been 5 :sweat.

I guess the only problem i'm having right now is finding a good resin match, as I got my heads in WS. (Which apparently matches the Delf bodies, but I don't really like the delf bodies aesthetically... Is the resin colour for the SDF bodies that different? I mean I know they aren't exactly the same, but I can't seem to find comparison pics haha)

UWAH
      I would love to see some pictures if you have any~ There aren't nearly enough threads of these guys on DOA :(

9. Sure!!! Yeah, there aren't~ <3<3<3 These are the only proper pics I have of my boy right now that show the resin match well. :3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. FFF he's SO gorgeous! And he does look amazing on that body :D

@Dove I asked Kappa about shipping and got this back:
      'all heads finished in this week and ready to ship within next week. (they takes a few days to send from SouthKorea to Thailand)
      I'm so sorry for late of shipping schedule, because of large of amount order and SouthKorea have long nation holiday in last month(September).
      Thank you.^w^
      '

11. exuver>> Thanks!! :3 His faceup is by Ladious. ^^ I like the SDF body for this head because I think the proportions work out wonderfully. 8D The resin match makes it all the better. X3!!!

12. exuver: So sorry with my late reply...thanks so much for the info on shipping. Unfortunately I have no idea's for ws matches, I know they did mention Luts but maybe you could find a sdf/ssdf body in ws?

kiradyn_rhiode: WOW he looks amazing on that body and the match is perfect. I'm going to rethink the Infinity doll.

I really wish people would post more photos, they are such lovely sculpts!

13. My heads have shipped! ^^

I got a Domuya flexi body for my 08. The girl I bought it from had a WS Breakaway head on it, so the resin match should be good there, and if it's off then i'll blush him :D Still debating about what body for my 09 though... Maybe a Loongsoul girl body? Apparently the resin match isn't too off, and from a few pictures i've seen it looks pretty much bang on in photos ;p

I do keep going back to look at teh SDF bodies though OTL I guess if things don't end up working out witht he other bodies then i'll be saving up for those XDD

14. *promotes the SDF body* 8DDD I absolutely love this body! I've been using it not only for my Dollgru head, but my Volks-matching Migidoll heads too! ^^ The resin match is great, and the sculpting detail and poseability make it a wonderful choice~ And they aren't all that pricey either. 8D

*is very possibly biasd* XDDD

But yeah. It's a wonderful body for the Dollgru head, methinks. Nice proportions too.

15. gahh I'm so torn... ;A; I think the only thing stopping me from the SDF body is that I'm not sure of the resin match, since both of my heads are WS...

16. Ah, alas, I can be of no help there. D:

I don't suppose you know anyone with a WS SDF?

17. kiradyn_rhiode: May I ask what size of wig your boy is wearing? I would really love to pick up a few from Leekeworld but I'm not sure between the size 9.5~10.5 or the 8~9, I know they usually have a bit of stretch to them.

On kappa's site they are listed as head 9~10...any help would be greatly appreciated :)

18. I'm not entirely sure, but I do believe it's the 9.5" one. I bought it for my Rihael head (who has a pretty big noggin). I usually prefer to buy the larger SD sized wigs, since large wigs can always be worn with a sillicone cap or something, but it's not as easy to make a too-small wig fit nicely. :3

Oh wait, whoops, wrong wig. OTL That's not a Leeke wig (though the one he IS wearing atm is a Leeke wig). This one is a Happy Camille wig. Their wigs have CRAZY amounts of elastic in them!! 8D This wig actually belongs to my Elf Chiwoo. Who also does have a big head. =3=

19. Perfect! I will play it safe and buy the 9.5~10.5, the wig is dark so thanks so much for the reminder re: sillicone cap, would hate to stain his lovely head :3

Cheers