1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollgru heads Discussion!

Jul 14, 2009

1. Cool! No prob! ;D

Aw man, yeah. I just had a black wig stain one of my tinies' head. I cleaned off as much as I could. She's not wearing that wig again until I get her a little sillicone cap. D8!!

2. kiradyn_rhiode: I of course don't have my head here yet...do you think that you could measure your boys head and let me know the size in inches?

I LOVE dark wigs on my dolls, I keep trying to have a blond in my crew but it just isn't happening at the moment. Yeah it's really annoying when that happens with the staining, everytime I go to by wig caps they are always sold out of the size I want...Geesh!

Cheers

3. Dove>> Heya, sorry, I've had a busy few days with school and non-school stuff. ^^;; I've just measured my boy's head. I don't have a measuring tape with inches on it, but it's about 22.5-23cm, and my scientific calculator says that's ~8.86-9.01".

I was recently asked for more pictures of one of my for-sale dolls in fair/light-coloured wigs, and realised that I had so many blond wigs for her to choose from!! XDD I think it's because I started getting fed up with all the staining. :C I love dark-coloured wigs, but the staining makes me so frustrated, because even with stuff like vinegar-washes and stuff to retain the colour, staining still happens. D;

4. kiradyn_rhiode: Thanks so much for the head size, it is greatly appreciated!

Well I love black and brown but also favour red shades, silver and white. I keep saying that I am going to buy a doll with the specific intention of she/he being a blond :3 Maybe one of my Dollgru heads...I know #9 is black, #6 will be chocolate, maybe #8 head will be blond or a shade close to blond.

I have heard of this method with the vinegar but I guess the best thing is to put on a wig cap, mind you on another DOA thread someone said they had used a wig cap and their dolls head was STILL stained thought the cap! Very confusing...I wonder if the sillicone over time can turn yellow and also stain the resin?

5. Dove>> Ah, np!! 8D

I've been looking for nice chocolate wigs~~~ (Originally, my #9 head was supposed to have dark blond/light brown hair, but IDK, the blond seems to have taken over...) Any reccs? 8D

Maybe the dye was so awesome that after it stained the cap, there was enough staining power to go on and stain the resin too. OxO!!!

6. I saw an awesome chocolate brown wig, I beleive it was on "Switch" website...it was absolutely perfect and sooo sexy but I had no $$$ at the time. I have no idea if it is still available but you could look there.

I am also looking at wig LR-066, LR-065 and LR-071 on leeke in chocolate or maroon, these are shortish and I think would be quite nice for boy's.

Gosh...no idea but if I had a wig cap on and it stained through I'd be pretty annoyed. I get around it by only leaving the wig on for a very short time and then they must go bald for a while OuO!

7. Ooooh, thanks!! I'll go check those out! 8DD (Haha, maybe my boy will get multiple default wigs instead of just blond. XDDD)

Yeah, I'd be waaay annoyed too. I like leaving wigs on dolls. For one, I feel bad leaving them bald. It's...kinda sad to see them that way. Another, it's easier for me if I'm going for a meet and am in a rush (like I usually am). I can just grab him out instead of having to hunt for the wig. ;D

8. Hey...just went to buy my Leeke wigs and wouldn't you know it, they decided today was a "free shipping" day, all of my wig choices are sold out...ARGHHHH.

Me to, I like to see my dollies with hair but I dislike staining even more lol.

PS: Will be on the hunt for more chocolate wigs...will let you know if I find any other nice ones :3

9. Dove>> Ah! Man, that sucks!! D:

True. (But it still makes me sad inside, lol. XDDD)

Cool!! Thanks!! 8DDD I can't wait to see how your boy looks when you're done with him!! 8D

10. Oh I'll post pics for sure these guy's don't get enough love. I'm sure there must be others who own these sculpts, I wish they would post some pic's.

I haven't found/chosen a faceup artist yet and then I need bodies, I also told myself no more resin until next year...so it will be awhile (sigh).

11. Yeah, I wish there were more of them floating around!! :3 The need more love, man!! >3<

Oh well, whenever you can, more #9 pictures are always awesome! ;D

12. For sure, it's a done deal...I'll be spamming the c**p outa by babies lol.

13. Awesome!! 8DDDD

14. My heads arrived today! (No thanks to tracking, which still says they haven't been delivered, so it was kind of a surprise) And holy CRAP are they white! ahahah it's awesome, and kind of funny, most of my other dolls are WS, but these two out-pale them by a mile.

I'll post some pictures of them later :3 just finishing up their faceups right now.

OH MAN I love them SO much. Their sculpts are like... ARGH amazing! They're so unique :aheartbea

15. I gonna have a 9 !!!!! *squee*

16. Exuver: Congrats! Yes, please post some pictures as soon as you can! I am dying to see them :)

Any luck with finding your boy's a body?

kyo-dess: Fabulous...I'm so glad these sculpts are getting more love! Please show us your #9 when you can.

17. Oh man I cannot even believe how much I love my two...

My apologies if they look a tad bobble-headed right now :sweat I just plopped them on the bodies for a couple of my other dolls for pictures. Surprisingly, the resin matches weren't off at all in pictures? Not sure how that happens ._.

This is Rook
      [​IMG]

and Caydet (I wanted my 09 to be a girl X''D! I think the sculpt looks adorable and quirky as a girl) Her bobble-heading is really bad *_* the body is meant for a head quite a bit smaller
      [​IMG]

In their other wigs~ they really look like twins in this one :3
      [​IMG]

Closeup of their faceups... Cay doesn't have her eyes in though, as her gloss was still drying ^^; They both took really nicely to warm colours and some light freckles, even though they're so pale :3
      [​IMG]

As for bodies, I got a Domuya Flexi-Perennial for Rook and a Loongsoul girl body for Cay. I'm a bit anxious if they're going to match still, but... whatever. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it x3

I really have a feeling i'm going to end up getting a #10 as well when he comes out... Kappa's sculpts are just amazing :aheartbea

18. OMG...They are absolutely amazing!

You have done such a lovely job with their faceups, it really brings out how delicate and unique their features really are and I think freckles are sooo charming :3

Yes, I was struck with how much the #8 and #9 looked like twins or at least siblings when I first saw them on Kappa's website.

I'm happy that you have their bodies coming...please, if you have time let us know your views on proportion and resin match.

I also like the look of #10 but really want to see #11. I agree Kappa's sculpts = LOVE

19. aww i'm glad you like them ^^ :aheartbea

and i'll make sure to let you know about the bodies :3 the domuya should be here monday, although i'm going to be out of the country then, so my roommate is going to pick it up for me ;A; then I have to wait till I get home to see what he looks like on it! guhhh. and the the loongsoul is getting shipped out the week I get back... skdgjhfk i'm so excited then they'll be the right heights too! Poor Cay is only 51cm on the body she stole for the pics today *_*

Oh man i'm really excited to see what #11 looks like! I think it's awesome that when you look at the gallery on Kappa's site that all the dolls look kind of related, and you can really tell how she's grown as a sculptor~

20. My heads have arrived, I'm thrilled to bit's by them!

My three are in NS and are a lovely creamy shade like pale butter. I always shy away from a yellow based resin I find many to yellow, so I am very pleasantly surprised at how beautiful their colour is.

My thought was to make #8 and #9 brothers and #6 a younger relation...but I have noticed that woo has a larger head than the others so I'm not sure that will work. I'm going to buy one body in the new year and try all three heads on for size and make a decision then, before I spend the $$$ lol

You know Cay actually looks really good on that body, they both do. The way you have positioned them you really can't tell that it is 51cm also I don't see any difference in resin tone, the matches look great :3

I'm in awe of Kappa...I see and feel such emotion when I look at her sculpts.