1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollHeart International BJD Fashion Design Competition 2006 - Entry Form

Dec 28, 2005

1. Just one more question:

In the Yo-SD/Leeke section, when you say 'dessert' do you mean puddings, as we say in England?

As in, this definition of a sweet dish often served at the end of a meal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dessert

Thanks!

Lucy (imagining Juniper Snowpea dressed as an ice-cream sundae with a cherry)

2. As your link, dessert is the sweet dish which is often served at the end of meal. (^^ Thus, puddings is one kind of dessert in Hong Kong :)

3. I have a question before I submit anything:

By submitting, are you giving up all copyrights to the design itself, or just the rights to produce and gain profit from doll clothing only?

For example, could I use my designs in actual fashion design, manga character design, etc.?

4. I have a question!

I know the winning designs get made into outfits, but do the winners get a version of the outfit made for themselves?

5. The winners get a copy of the product for their own doll, if that's what you mean. (:

6. Ooh! Also:

1. When the designs are made, will they be limited release?

2. Can a design include two outfits for the same gender, like twins or sisters, etc.?

3. For the winner's prize, it is only the outfits they designed, right?

7. The winning designs from the previous contest were made in a limited run, so I expect this contest will be the same.

Ann in CT
      designing my little fingers off

8. Edit: ^ is from "Is anyone entering (or has entered B4) the DollHeart competition?"

Also, can you accept a color fax? If so, would it be possible to fax the images over?

9. Sorry for my belated reply. Yes, you can use the designs on human design and manga character.

10. 1.) Yes, they will be limited.
      2.) Sames Genders is ok.
      3.) yes, the prize is the real costume which under designers' theme and design.

11. By any chance are we allowed to enter with a partner? I have several costume ideas, but am having trouble drawing them out, and I have a friend who can draw very well but has no ideas for the contest of her own. Would it be against the rules for us to enter together?

12. "All submissions become property of www.dollheart.com"
      Physical, or intellectual property?

If my design is entered, but does not win, but might be used as a Dollheart Design anyway later, does that mean I can't make my design to sell?

I certainly don't mind my design being made after the competition- I am worried about later being slapped with copyright for producing the same (non winning) design as I submitted to you, however.

13. Uhh... I think you're getting carried away :oops: They are really just saying this so that you dont' try and sue them if they DO use your design at any point... I don't think little sweet dollheart is out to sick lawyers on people who participate in their contest...

14. ^_^ oh, I doubt they'd do so- but the clarification would be good, because copyright can go really wrong if you're not careful. It's better to be paranoid and get full clarification now than be burned later.

15. That's what I was trying to ask-- I think that that statement, along with your signature stating that you give permission for your work "to be copied and used by DollHeart for possible inclusion in the DollHeart product-line, catalog, and website where it will receive worldwide recognition and exposure" is pretty benign. The entry form also says that "by entering the competition, entrants agree to allow DollHeart to reproduce their work for any purpose without notice", and I'm pretty sure that just means that the design can be used by DollHeart at any time, but it's still your intellectual property.

For making the design, do you mean making the design for a doll outfit in particular? Because that could get kind of... sticky.

16. Well, by design, say my "Apocolypse" design(s) don't win. No problem. Now, If I decide to make those designs a few months from now to sell, will I be facing any issue from Dollheart or their representatives?

I seriously doubt there would be, but I'm a paranoid little bugger who likes top keep all her bases covered.

17. Hrrrrum. I don't know. And I'm usually pretty paranoid, so you'd think I would have asked...

I've also (of course... -__-) just thought of another question. Can you email a link to your image(s) if the files will exceed 2 MB? I'm not sure if it will, because my scanner is somewhat, er, unpredictable, but would a link to Photobucket or Savefile work? And, worst case scenario being that my scanner croaks on me (as it has in the past), would the mailing address to send the entries be set up on the envelope/package as follows?:

ATTN: Lau Yu Kuen, Pasu
      DollHeart -- Rm 801-802
      8/F Dundas Square
      43 H Dundas Street
      Mong Kok, Hong Kong

18. Can you mail a CD with the images and information burned on?

19. It is not a problem :) However, you need to share the prize with your partners :)