1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollie Nightmares?

Jul 4, 2006

1. Well I had a nightmare last night that my Faelan ( BB Tony) melted at church. . .only his head though. . .that was a VERY BAD DREAM!

2. i had a nightmare when i was waiting for my first doll. u//_//u; i opened the box and inside was the wrong doll, and her lips were REALLY HUGE. ;A; and i was like, 'EVERYONE, THIS IS THE WRONG DOLL, MY HEART IS BROKEN.' and no one else believed that the doll was the wrong doll and omgah~ u_u/// it was terrible !

3. I had a nightmare where my doll that hasn't even been ordered yet shows up, but the face-up looked horrendous and his tan skin was blotchy looking... >_< For some reason it managed to grip me with more fear and distress than my nightmares about zombies and stuff! (I'm horrified of zombies)

And then at the end of it, it takes and illogical twist and I've also accidentally received a girl instead of a boy doll and the left arm is strung very badly...

More detail than my usual nightmares and dreams... >_> Is this a bad omen?

4. Last night I had a nightmare that my poor Shiwoo's makeup got wiped off ><;;

5. I had one nightmare while waiting for my Elena - I had just gotten her and someone had knocked her out of my hand, and she crashed to the ground. Half her face shattered away like porcelain and her body had black scuffs and huge scratches and cracks. ><

6. Not nightmares but I get weird dreams that are somehow a combination of BJDs, science fiction, and World of Warcraft.

Carolyn

7. One time I had a nightmare that I was walking down the street when some random person came up to m and plucked Octavius out of my arms and smashed him into the ground and he burst into a million pieces. I woke up and for the rest of the night he slept with me D:

8. right after I got my boy I had the worse dream ever of his face and the face of another doll cracking and turning to dust
      it was horrible to him and watching his beautiful face desolving before my eyes,

but thankfully I havent had another dream like that.

9. Well i had nightmares a lot a few day's back about vince...and one day a did a test...at night i put him on my shelf on my bed. No nightmares! Moved him the next night...well lets just say that's his spot from now on! No more dolly nightmares anymore...He's like a dream catcher or something...

10. I had a dream last night about Mercy,my little lolita,who should be in next week.

She was standing at the edge of a demolished city (dont know what demolished it,probably a tsunami.) crying,and holding a small teddy bear.

I remember walking up to her and hugging her,telling her it would be alright,that I would be there for her.

11. I had a dream that when I got my doll, he came with an ugly white and dull black fur wig. It was skimpy and awful looking. It was kind of upsetting

12. I haven't had any nightmares about my doll, per se, but I did have this very cool Discworld-related dream where I put a scroll in my doll's head, whispered some magic words, and she became a kind of golem. It was really cool, but I woke up kind of freaked out. XD I kept thinking, "Must not leave bits of paper near my doll...." lmao

13. I don't even have a BJD yet but I'm so into it now that my mind is making up the most horrible things. So I didn't have just one bad dream about it *_*

One night I dreamed my first doll would arrive and I had to get her at the post station. So I took everything I needed (knife to open it and a camera) and left home to get her. As I arrived and opened the box, she would stare at me saying: "You'll be my new owner? Forget it, I hate you!" Then she just walked away, naked, without eyes or hair. :...(
      Thinking about it later I felt uncomfortable because I had to imagine her beeing in a city, all alone and without clothes or even eyes... :sweat

Another dream I had of her was when I read she was also available with double joints. I dreamed she would sit on our little table and waited until I came in. Then she stood up and began to move her arms and legs like she was stretching herself. Somehow she could move more and more and her arms were just starting to bent until she spiraled upwards like in Uzumaki! :o
      I woke up and thought about the arms of BJDs as they aren't flexible at all and whether it would be a nice idea to change that... when I woke up again I had to laugh because of my thoughts, so it wasn't really that horrible :sweat

Maybe there are more comming in the future when I'm waiting for her to get here...(?)
      Laoky

14. Not sure if this fits with your thread, but I had a nightmare where I was a BJD. I was having alot of difficulty moving my joints (having no muscles and all) and I needed to follow someone somewhere, because they were going to do something bad, but the harder I tried, the more my muscles wouldn't do right. They'de move, but in the wrong direction, or without any strength. My BJD, Alexis, was in the dream, just kinda looking at me not moving, but he was kinda urging me to move faster, the way dream people can do something and nothing at the same time. Anyway, it was creepy.

15. Yeah.. I had a dream that all my dolls were alive and at least partcially evil. I should have embraced that, but I'm paranoid of moving dolls. So they pretty much tryed 'attacking' me and I tried breaking them.

..okay, don't know if that fits into this thread fully, but yeah. =w=;;

16. I'm going to order my darling Lettice today! But I was so excited about it last night that I had a nightmare.

My mom called me from my room and I went outside to see her and she gave me a huge box! Lettice was inside! Once I opened it though, there was sooo much tissue paper and bubble wrap! I dug around for her own box, but she wasn't inside it! Then I found her under paper in the bigger box, but she was smaller than she should have been, and made of cheap plastic :eek: Then, once I got her dressed and everything, she seemed to be normal, made of resin and everything. Then I looked closely at her, and her face-up was chipped and running all over!! I was distraught. When I woke up, I was SO glad it was just a dream! It seems lots of people have nightmares about their dolls arriving with messed up bodies or face-ups. Let's hope nothing like this goes wrong for anybody very often! :shudder

17. If my dolls aren't with me in bed I have the most terrible dreams, about absolutely ANYTHING :( I guess it stems from not sleeping without a teddy as a little girl :)

18. Hmm this was the first dream of dolls!

I had the strangest dream just last night. I typically have dreams where I am the main character, and I am making "concious" decisions regarding things in the dream. Also, nearly all of my dreams feel very real, as though they are actually happening to me, regardless of how impossible or absurd they really are. Sheesh, this dream got dark, but in a really odd way and I remember it all so clearly too.... I wish my first dream involving dolls had been…uh, brighter. Anyway, I thought this was so unusual that I had to share. It’s also kinda long, sorry ^^;; Anyhow…

The dream had started a little before where I’ll begin describing, but those parts aren’t really relevant. I been at this baseball game or something with some friends, but I got bored and decided to wander around the city. I was walking around, and got a call from a classmate I hadn’t heard from in a long time (someone who doesn’t actually exist, but made sense there). She wanted me to meet her at this shop, so I said I’d go. When I got to the shop, I ran into an actual friend of mine who is very Lolita and always has the coolest and most authentic Lolita fashions, and has been designing them in London. She’s not so into BJD’s but when I saw her in the shop, she had a beautiful BJD of a brand I had never seen. Not only was her BJD beautiful, but it was person-sized and standing right next to her, I was so jealous! I was like “Whoa! What kind of doll is that?” and she told me it was not different than any other doll. Just then, the girl who I was meant to be meeting there walked in, and I was totally shocked to see that she had a human-sized BJD as well, walking right alongside her. My friend and that girl giggled and complimented each others’ dolls. They explained to me that they simply taught their dolls to walk and talk (which didn’t explain the size but whatever). I had my MNF Shushu, Gali, in my bag and took her out, but she was in fact lifeless. I sort of glanced away and when I had looked back, she was standing full size in front of me. At first, I was very afraid, but they told me how to teach her to walk. I took her by the hands and begun to walk slowly backwards thinking she would just fall, and she took steps forward! Not very human steps, but she was walking. I was already totally beaming and then she started talking to us. The other girls and their dolls giggled encouragingly at my doll’s progress. This whole thing of teaching her to walk and talk really only took what seemed like 4 minutes. Then we decided to walk back to the baseball game.

Gali began talking to me on the way back to the game. I can’t really remember what her voice sounded like, but she was somewhat childish, and held onto my arm. All I could think was “Wow!! This is totally like Chobits! Gali might as well be a Persocon!” (lol I’m an anime dork)… So as we got into the stadium it was pretty crowded, but we continued to walk towards my seat. When I got to my seat, I sat down and then a moment later realized Gali was not behind me. I got a message on my phone somehow and she was asking “Where am I? Please find me.” so of course I panicked. I couldn’t believe I lost her! She must have gotten in trouble somehow when she got lost, she didn’t really understand how to speak well at all. I walked to the next box and all the way up the stairs I found her, but she was back to her small size, and her clothes and hair were missing. I picked her up and her face was completely mangled and without her face-up and her body was dented and misshapen. Her hands and feet were missing. She didn’t even look like the same doll at all. I searched for her hands and feet and found these girls had them and were coloring them with sharpies. I wanted to take the sharpie and stab them both, but I just grabbed Gali’s parts and went back down to the aisle. I was completely dumbstruck… She was completely ruined and it was my fault. I don’t know, it just hit me so hard. Everyone around me was totally fixated on the game, and I was just trying to figure out somehow I could fix her, but she was so unrecognizable that no sanding or modification would help (especially the sharpie on the hands and feet), and I didn’t want to buy a new doll when this one had been able to walk and talk like a Persocon, nor did I have the funds to replace her anyway (she’s my only doll as it is, aside from my Puki). Then, I woke up.

Man, I was really shaken up. Until I woke up, I was completely convinced that Gali had been destroyed right after she had learned to walk and talk. Even after I was awake in bed, I was like “Geez I hope she’s actually okay at home…” Freaky deaky stuff T_T and I’m just the bozo to take it so seriously to heart... but it was scary!

19. I had a really distressing one last night....

My mom and I were walking around this mall ( I think we might have been in Japan) and we came to the Volks store and we went in and my mom said I could take home a doll. Then as if there was a cut in a movie I was suddenly walking out of the store with a doll in my arms. I was pretty excited even though I didn't get to pick her technically and when I looked at her she was pretty cute. Then I am at my house and all my friends are there and I am so happy about my first BJD that I can barely stand it so I show everyone, but when I looked down at her again she had turned into this horrible poodle antro super dollfie. I looked up horror struck then looked back down and she went back to normal, I was so relieved that without thinking I kissed her on the face which left this really oiliy mark on her face up. I tried to wipe it off with my finger and the paint came off, so I tried washing her whole faceup off to do my own with water... but her head started melting like clay.

It was so stressful.

20. The worst dream I've had so far with Hansel was one where his ear chipped. I checked to make sure it was a dream as soon as I woke up. I'd be crushed if his cute little elf ears were damaged. >____<