1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollita!

Aug 21, 2010

1. Really, lolita purists are few and far between, though the few I've seen have been pretty... crazy~

2. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      Haha, I intend to dress some of my girls in lolita, and my little one only really wear lolita ^^
      And if you do, do you ever wear lolita yourself?
      I *barely* own one full outfit, but I do adore it and intend on wearing more in the future. Lolita and dolls are both really expensive @_@
      Do you dress your doll and yourself in matching lolita oufits?
      Haha, I wouldn't if I could. It would remind me of the creepy twins in horror movies >_>;;

3. I make size sensitive lolita clothes as a company so yes when I get a doll he will wear loli and I dress loli alot.

4. I'm really interested in lolita style. I know that I'll never dive into lolita life, but I like this style and even tried to make an outfit for myself. Unfortunately, I had to stop working - as usual, lack of time, means and energy prevented me from the victory! Anyway, I'm going to resume my work next year.
      My doll will definetely have at least one lolita outfit - beacause of my imagination xD and tastes.

5. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      My girl Darcy (DIM Andrea) is a Lolita. I only own 1 outfit for her that isn't Lolita style. She pretty much refuses to wear anything else. My other girls will wear Lolita as well but not exclusively. I just think dolls look so good in Lolita.

I'm am a Lolita and have been for years. That's probably why many of my dolls wear it... it's just natural for me.

I've thought about it but I've never taken the time to make matching outfits. I probably will one day though. My favorite dress I own (for myself) is a Metamorphose Melody jsk and I would love to make a matching one for Darcy!

6. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      I like frilly dresses for my girl dolls, but it's not really lolita. Count me in for someone that isn't fond of strict rules.

Ero lolita, and lolita inspired once in awhile. I really like Kerli's take on it which isn't really lolita, but I dig it and would wear similar clothes.

I haven't so far, but I'd love to wear a matching dress in general.

7. I wear lolita fashion myself, and for that reason I don't dress my dolls in lolita outfits. I don't want to dress them just like me when there are so many other cute options out there for dolls! I would like to someday own one of the BABY the Stars Shine Bright and Volks collaboration outfits, particularly the Hawase Doll jumperskirt that I've sometimes spotted. I really enjoy most of the collaborations (Charlotte and Lieslotte are so beautiful in their lovely ensembles!), but I don't find myself wanting their outfits for the dolls I own.

I think that personally, since I purchase and wear lolita myself, it isn't as interesting for me to have my dolls wear the same style. I haven't seen a lot of doll-sized lolita garments that I really like. Most of the time I'm not fond of the lace or fabric used, might think there is too much trim for such a small dress or the trim used is overly large and thus overwhelming, or the design isn't flattering. Lolita clothing involves a lot of detail, and it seems difficult to scale everything down to a smaller size without losing some elements of the aesthetic.

But, moreso, my dolls can wear things I cannot--so those are the outfits I have fun buying and dressing them in. A cute school uniform would be completely ridiculous for me to wear to work, but it looks just right on my MSD. She looks like a little girl to me, so I like to dress her in "little girl"-type clothing. (Not to say that little girls can't look cute wearing lolita style, but they have so many more options available!) I enjoy dressing my SD in styles that are cute, sweet, and slightly more mature. Maybe styles I like to look at, but don't want to wear myself. I like adding some variety. ♥

8. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style? I dress my dolls in lolita style. I have purchased very intricate outfits from Dollheart and Volks as well as other companies and have made sure my outfits have every "loli" element. That being said, I also dress my girls in just regular, cute, girlie clothes (not full blown loli). My Lieselotte will come with a full BTSSB loli outfit from Volks and will happily dress her in it (because it is adorable) ^_^

And if you do, do you ever wear lolita yourself? Yes, but it has been a while since I dressed in full loli, though I will probably wear some causal BTSSB pieces this weekend, I will not be wearing a full loli outfit.

Do you dress your doll and yourself in matching lolita oufits? I did a few years ago and I contemplated getting the matching Baby outfit for my Volks Lieselotte in human size, but I just do not think I want to wear full loli anymore (though I might be getting the matching Dollheart human sized outfits I have heard about if they are ever released).

EDIT: Ok, so I totally lied. Getting my new BTSSB gave me a slightly lolita fever again *sigh* It is just too cute to not wear at least sometimes!

9. Ok. I definitly like the lolita style, and I have some outfits like this for my BJD doll. But I don't always put them on her.

10. I have seen some lolita outfits on dolls, but yes, I guess much of it is more lolita inspired than true lolita.

I have studied lolita some for the sake of understanding, and I would like to attend some lolita events and create/buy an outfit that is consistent with genuine lolita fashion. However, it has fallen low on my expensive to do list. As for my dolls/characters, none of them are the type to dive into something like lolita and become sticklers for doing it just right. A couple of them like lolita fashion and sometimes wear loli-esque outfits, but none of them wear perfect, genuinely, completely lolita outfits, because they don't care. XD

11. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      A lot of people do. And if you do, fair play to you but don't expect everyone to like it. I don't. I loathe and despise Lolita style, partly because I think it's infantile and twee and just generally bad taste, but mostly because it's called Lolita. Lolita fashion has nothing to do with Lolita and Vladimir Nabokov should be rolling in his grave to think that his complex, ambiguous, misunderstood character is associated with this kind of fashion.

Never. Never ever ever not even if the alternative was burning in hell for all eternity would I wear lolita.

Honestly I can't think of anything worse. I would rather smash my dolls with a sledgehammer than see them in some frilly nightmare and I think they would agree with me!

12. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      I do!!!
      I want to but I spent too much on my dolls so I don't have enough money to buy my own dress;;
      Lolita dresses are SO expansive here....

I never did

13. I'm completely obsessed with the Lolita fashion, and I'm sure my girl is going to have plenty of outfits by the time I'm done with her. Probably more sweet and classical pieces, but I do love Gothic Lolita from time to time~ ^_^

I do also wear Lolita myself, but my off brand collection is small. I've been wanting to wear the style for many years, but I didn't jump into it til recently when I lost a ton of weight.

14. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      I'm going to be the opposite of most people here and say no, none of my dolls wear lolita and they never will. I only have two girls, one is more of a dark pin-up style, the other is a modern day professional psychiatrist, Loli is just bad for either. and of my 22 boys....I think every one of them would kill me if I tried to put them is ruffles and fluff and little girl clothes.

No. I'm just not a fan of the style at all. Sure, it can be cute, but I spent my childhood with all sorts of dolls in the frilly dresses and my current crew is more on the adult/average side, it just doesn't fit here.

again, no. There are very few things that would look good on my dolls AND me in the first place, though I do have a dress similar to one one of my girls, and I do have an Organization XIII robe, for me and in SD size, and I've had coordinating costumes....that's as far in the doll matching as I go. lol

15. I think this is an interesting discussion. I can't really comment though as I don't even have my dolls yet. But I do like some lolita styles, like a few have said, especially if the rules are not that constrained. I probably wouldn't dress myself or my dolls in full lolita gear (I don't really like the headdresses to be honest) but I like the dresses, stockings and some of the shoes =3

16. I have just one outfit myself that reflects various lolita styles. I hemmed/sewed up/nodified a fluffy "distressed" black skirt and I have this soft gorgeous petty coat to go under. I also have a pretty peach kimono that I folded and pleated to use as a top, with a wide waist wrap. I wear a black thin longsleeve under it, and black stockings. It may not be "true" lolita, but I have gotten by with it. lol I prefer putting outfits together then buying premade.

I love the young/innocent look of lolita. I also like the formal dress, and the frills. But it is not my style. I prefer a more mature-ish/ gothy/ what have you look. I am just terrible at being pretty and "dainty". lmfo

If I had girl dolls, I would have a similar outfit for them/her. I think it would be cute. The boys...nope...well if I get another one he'd probably do it if he was bribed. XD

My doll is a boy, and the boy styles are just not his character.

17. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      Not all the time. ^^ Meaning my doll has a mix of outfits, including Lolita. ^^ (I have one doll so.) I dress my doll in the style of clothings that I like and then some, so Lolita is included in this. ^^

Yes; this might affect the doll clothing since like I mentioned previously, I tend to dress my doll in what I think looks nice. ^^ Even if I have to crossdress him--

Now /this/ I haven't done. Sometimes I'd do matching colors/ very similar outfits, but I don't have any Lolita that is like my doll's.

18. I pesonally own a few, and I'm thinking of making one for my little Peppermint, but in general neither I or my dolls wear lolita. I have nothing against it, infact I personally love the style, but I'm not really comfortable wearing it and very few of the dolls I have planned would wear it either.

19. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      Not exclusively, but I do own a Lolita dress for Suzume. I intend to make them Lolita clothing when my sewing skills improve.

Absolutely, yes! I love Lolita fashion. I wish I owned more of it, and if it were more acceptable in day-to-day society (and affordable) I would wear it every day.

Indeed! I own a Sweet Lolita dress that matches Suzume's fairly well, that's actually why I bought it for her. We also have almost the exact same shoes.

This is a fairly old picture, but here we are together.
      [​IMG]

20. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      My Ainan does dress in lolita, and that's despite I said I would NEVER do it. :sweat
      I have nothing against the lolita fashion, I love it, but I just didn't want a lolita doll, but this dress ended up being perfect for Ainan. She is a fantasy race, so she need a big, completely white dress, and I fell in love with it. So I ended up with a lolita dress, even if I didn't want one. But I don't consider her a lolita because of that.

Nope. I would if I had the body for it, but I don't. Haha.

N/A