1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollita!

Aug 21, 2010

1. I love lolita and would not hesitate to dress my doll in that way, but I wouldn't do it exclusively. There are a ton of styles that I like and I couldn't stick to just one.

I do not dress in lolita. I'm too old for it lol

2. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      I do!
      I actually intended for Nadeko to wear lolita (among other cute fashions like mori and decora) but she has shown me that she has a strong preference for lolita so that's 99% of her wardrobe and she probably won't be getting any more non-lolita clothes.

And if you do, do you ever wear lolita yourself?
      I wish! hopefully someday though

Do you dress your doll and yourself in matching lolita oufits?
      Ever since I saw a girl and her doll wearing matching BTSSB Akazukin sets I really really wanted to do it too!
      :sigh maybe someday.....

3. i am a big fan of lolita fashion and i love the style on dolls, my isabelle spends most of her time in a lolita dress and my others some form of dress, i dont own any 'normal' clothes, lol

always on the lookout for cute dresses, blacks,whites, purples, burgundy's....i like the darker colors, velvets to...

4. I have one girl who wears lolita style clothing, not really 'true' lolita because I don't tend to follow rules (I don't even know 100% what all the rules for lolita are) but I do like the style so I dress V in similar clothes quite a lot. She looks good in pretty girly clothes and I actually do like her in clothes with lace etc as long as the fabric and lace are of a nice quality. I tend to make most of her clothes though, I did order her a dress when I bought her but it never arrived and after finally getting a refund for that months later I'm now waiting for the new stuff I bought her to arrive so she wears things I make her for now.

I have one lolita style dress that I bought ages ago, haven't really worn it much though.

I don't know if I would do matching outfits, maybe if they were really nice... who knows :lol:

5. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      I have one doll, my Volks F-01 who dresses in Lolita. I buy her mostly brand too.

Yes I do... often. I'm a self proclaimed Brand Whore. :sweat I actually got into Lolita and BJDs at the same time (the summer of 2007) and have a large collection of both

Not so far, but I may do it in the future. One of my friends actually owns practically the same wardrobe as my doll, so I could probably borrow her dresses to take a series of "twinning" photos.

6. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?

I'd like to buy many lolita dresses for my doll ^^

In my city there are not many shops that sell lolita dresses and I have nowhere to wear such a dress.

No, I don't have lolita dress. And a doll :lol:

7. I wear lolita, and so do some of my dolls. I actually dress in gothic and classic styles, but have a secret burning love for OTT sweet and thats what my dolls wear. I don't particularly look good in pastels so it works out pretty well.

I've been plotting for a while now to create some prints in human, 1/3, 1/4, and 1/6 scales so everyone can make matching outfits for any doll. Unfortunately lost my computer so haven't made any progress on that yet, but hope to do it once I get a new one.

8. My one is a lolita.
      I'm still working on gathering her wardrobe up, but I did get her a few things off Esty. A sweet JSK, a white blouse (wit adorable tiny buttons), a few simple panniers (which I hope to replace with softer, fluffier chiffon ones), and another skirt. I intend for her to have a little bit of everything sub-style wise (as in sweet, classic, country, gothic, ect...)

I am an aspiring lolita, myself.
      I have a really pretty wool coat, but I am still saving up for some dresses. Unlike my doll, I focus on a more classic look.

I would love to twin with my doll!
      I have seen some lolita sites that sell BJD dresses that match. For me its only a matter of finding a dress/skirt that will fit us both and that suits me. :)

9. Breathing new life into an old thread...

I wear Lolita Fashion myself but only one of my dolls dresses in it as well, surprisingly it's my mini boy Eien (Iplehouse JID Jerome) that wears it, he's my little brolita~ :aheartbea

I don't always have us match when we dress in the fashion together, but I do have a BTSSB sax blue strawberry JSK and Eien has a similar handmade pink strawberry JSK that I love to have him wear :chibi

My big boy Candy (Elfdoll Wu) though recently wore a suit that I dressed to match, it was last Halloween at a JFashion party (white face monster theme) and aside from my hair I tried my best to look like a female version of him:
      [​IMG]
      (I covered the face of the girl next to me since I'm not sure if she would be ok with me posting a pic of her)

10. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      I plan on it, once I get some dresses made! I'd love to make my doll some EGA outfits as well.

Absolutely. I've been wearing the fashion since '12 and EGA since '13.

Do you dress your doll and yourself in matching lolita outfits?

No. It's looked down upon in the Lolita communities. I wear a lot of gothic Lolita and EGA.
      Moitie and Atelier Boz do not make bjd clothes. I know Btssb and AP have had bjd collaborations but they are not my style, obviously. :p

11. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      I have a few dresses for them, if I could get my hands on more Lolita acceptable shoes there would be a lot more dresses.
      Yes, but sadly not as much as I used to.
      We have one matching dress set

12. 1. Once. I had a nice Dollheart outfit for my MSD girl that I tweaked a bit, so it'd be a little more authentic. She was adorable.
      2. I actually prefer dolly-kei and mori styles for myself.
      3. I don't, and I don't think I'd want to.

13. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style? And if you do, do you ever wear lolita yourself?
      I have not planned any of my dolls to wear lolita but as I sew their clothes I find many of my creations to have lolitaish features. In fact, I have had some hard time to make them look less like lolita clothes. I did wear lolita for about four years before I started BJD hobby and sewed some of my own clothes too. It surely has affected the way I design doll clothes these days.^^

This thread inspires me to have an OTT classic doll. She'd look very lovely with all the ruffles and decorations. :D

I think it's a cute idea but I wouldn't do it myself.

14. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      I don't yet because it's not easy to find lolita outfits for boys, and because I've only got boys at this time.

No. In order to wear lolita myself I'd either have to make it all myself, lose about a ton of weight, or order the clothes in a custom size. The first two require a lot of time, and the last option requires money that I don't have. I love to look for lolita clothes, though!

I will if I ever get the chance!

15. How many of us dress our dolls in lolita style?
      I dress my girl in lolita, definitely. I love the style!

I wish I could. I don't have the looks or confidence to dress lolita! But if I could I would.

Definitely, yesss. Why not? I'd love to go to cons like Anime Expo and be that weirdo dressed like a doll. :D

16. I personally do wear Lolita fashion myself, however none of my dolls do simply because I don't own any such outfits for them. My girl would look absolutely adorable in a dress or skirt-blouse combo and I think one of my boys wouldn't mind putting on the frills. As to twinning with a doll, I would love to if I could find a BJD version of any of the dresses I own.