1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollLove Baby Love (1/6 Dolls) discusion part 1

Jul 2, 2011

1. Twins! :fangirl: Congrats, ninjaxdestiny! I can't help with Enen's eye size specifically, but 6/7 is the standard wig size for these little ones (I tried my Bambicrony's smaller size 6 wig on my Yoyo and it's definately too small, but 6/7 wigs fit her well). As for the body's posability, I'm very happy with it. My girl arrived from the company strung very well and so far she's been able to hold any pose I put her in.

2. ninjaxdestiny AHH! Twins are always awesome! My best buddy has twins too! I can't help you with eye sizes and ImmortalDarknyss hit the nail on the head answering the wig question but I certainly can help with posing! To be honest it's really great! There are some set backs but they'll do what you want them to with patience. Let me start with the problems (or what I consider problems)

They cannot sit with their legs bent up. Here' s an example
      http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums...to-woman-sitting-with-knees-bent-55524694.jpg
      They can't sit like that unless you pop the legs out which I haven't really tried.
      My doll can't lean forward or backwards very well at the torso joint. It can lean and or back but it doesn't hold it. I'm sure sueding would help though. Though it can go left and right just great!
      Lastly the range of motion in the right ankle joint is terrible. In comparison to the left.
      http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i455/esiwalyak/DSC0737441.jpg
      I pushed her feet as far down as possible. Though in the long run this does not interfere with how I want her to pose. At least so far it hasn't.

Besides that since they're double jointed they can do some great things!!
      A few pictures I took today.
      http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i455/esiwalyak/DSC07385.jpg
      http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i455/esiwalyak/DSC07391.jpg (one foot!)
      http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i455/esiwalyak/DSC07392.jpg (tip toes)

Hope this helps!

3. LOL. Thanks. ^_^

I bought this dress from mintoncardinc.com

It was super cheap but super cute. This was actually my favorite from the ones they had in stock but I wanted to make sure my sister would like it and so asked her to choose and she ended up choosing the one I had wanted all along. I could have kept it a secret but wanted to make sure I didn't buy something she didn't like. ^_^

4. Question for those who purchased their doll from ebay: My sister's doll, which she purchased from liwenjie0310 on ebay, has apparently shipped on 7/31/11. There was no tracking # given but when I read the e-mail she got it said to expect deliver between 9/2 and 9/12. Are the dolls not shipped EMS? Could that have been a typo and was actually meant to say expect delivery between 8/2 and 8/12? She's not home right now but I'm going to get her to e-mail the seller and ask for a shipping # when she gets off work but I'd thought I'd ask you guys in case one of you has purchased from the same seller. It didn't honestly take over a month once shipped did it?

Thanks for you help,

SM

5. ShadowMist: If I recall, the seller never actually gave me a tracking number. The number just showed up under the item listing in My eBay Purchases. I'm not sure exactly how the package was shipped (EMS or airmail) now that you mention it, but after it shipped it took around a week or so to arrive. Of course it was some weeks after placing the order that the doll was actually shipped, so in total the wait time was around a month. Maybe that's what the time frame your sister's email had was referring to?

I already posted this pic elsewhere, but here's Sugar enjoying that festival I mentioned earlier. It turned out to be...not as cool as we'd hoped. XD This was the only shot I took (wish the wind wasn't blowing her hair forward so much, looks more messy than it actually was. >_< I pulled the long part into a ponytail and used tiny claw clips to hold it up in the back, then kinda had the ends sticking up like a firework bursting over her head. lol):

[​IMG]

6. I took afew photos of Hope my little magic unicorn today, she is made up of hopes, wishes and is as sweet as pie
      she makes me feel alot better when i am feeling ill and always seems to put a smile on my face.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ShadowMist: Thanks! ^__^ Definately looking forward to how your sister styles her girl, eyes & wig & such. I realized the dress you bought is the same one my sister has for her Bambicrony. It's very cute, but a bit big on her girl. I haven't tried it on Sugar, but it should fit the Doll-Love kids perfectly.

goldendiamonds: Hope is just too adorable. How could anyone not smile after looking at that face? <3 Her pink eyelashes are very cool! And is that the C.C.T candy print dress I spy (love their stuff! I've got the yellow floral dress & one of the monster hoodie sets ^_^)?

8. Here's a few quick pics I took of Sugar today. She's wearing a new pair of eyes & a sweater that were supposed to be for my Leeke boy, but they seem more suited to Sugar so I guess they're hers now. ^_^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was hoping to get more outdoor shots but in the course of the three minutes I was out there I got bit by mosquitos seven times, and Sugar also decided to leap from the branch I had her perched on and fell about five feet straight down to the base of the tree! :doh She was luckily unharmed except for some dirt in her hair...which had of course landed a few feet away from her still attached to her headcap. XD

MythicMelodies: Yay! Another soon-to-be Yoyo owner! ^_^/ Did you decide on skin color? My girl is the normal pink skin; it's sort of light pinky-white. I was suprised when I got her just how light she is (she almost appears white skinned next to my normal skin dolls from other companies), but it's a nice shade.

9. MythicMelodies: Yep, she's double jointed. I'm personally really happy with her posing ability. She came very well strung straight out of the box (perfect tension; not too tight or too loose), so she stands like a rock & can hold her head, legs, and arms up and in various poses without much difficulty. This earlier post by WiseOne has some more details on how well these little ones pose. ^_^

10. Hi :D
      I'm thinking about getting a yoyo (shes adorable and all your pictures are so lovely :3) and I was wondering if anyone knows what colour skin she is in her promo pics? I thought it might be the yellow skin, the pink skin looks paler?

11. I think that the skin in the promo's is yello skin, from my research!! ^-^ hope I helped! I'm getting a yoyo to! For my birthday on saterday!!!!But I'm asking the dealer on ebay what color it is so I'll repy back later!!

12. thanks MythicMelodies, um next question is does anyone know what their yellowing is like? I'd rather get the pink resin if she's gonna look like a banana in a couple of years :P

13. Here's my Yoyo in a crochet dress I made for her.
      [​IMG]

#33 Calphedoll, Sep 18, 2011
      Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    14. here is an answer to your question here is my Yoyo Angel with pink skin she is 10 months old
      and here is another photo of another of my doll-love doll in pink skin whichs is 9 months older.there is hardly any yellow yet the pink has slightlygot darker over time, but it is hardly noticable. There is no real way of stopping yellowing on resin completely but if you keep them out of sunlight the resin does not yellow so fast.
      [​IMG][​IMG]

15. I can't remember who asked for this photo of comparing white and pink skin of Doll-love but here it is anyway.
      [​IMG]

Also i was asked to compare yellow skin of dollzone against doll-love yellow skin so here is my doll Sai with yellow dollzone head with yellow doll-love body and yellow peapod
      legs
      [​IMG]

16. Hi all! I just wanted to share real quick this picture of my little Yoyo... named 'Rabbit'! xD (She's going to have the Peapod rabbit legs, and Dollmore rabbit ears!) This is my first faceup attempt and I'm happy with how it turned out for her ^.^ Pardon the blurry picture, I'll have clearer ones tomorrow hopefully =

[​IMG]

I hope you like her! :D

17. Thanks so much, guys! :D Here's a better picture of the little princess ^.^

[​IMG]

And I agree... most of the time when I see a tiny Doll-Love these days, it's either Yoyo or Ke xD I got my girl so long ago, and at the time I couldn't find almost anything about Yoyo... now she's taking over! 8D

18. Awww she is sooooooo cute , i just love her face up it is sooooo soft and pretty.well done JLostein

i decided to take some photos of Angel because it has been a few months now since she's been out her box. i also tried her in a brown wig which i think is cute but i think i like her in her pink hair more.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

19. It had been a little while since I'd played with Sugar, so the other day I changed her outfit (it's borrowed from my other little girl so not exactly her usual style, but I like it on her anyway) and when I was posing her I found a cute new use for the "pointing" option hand!

[​IMG]

"Shhhh!"

XD

20. Jumpin in too introduce Dolllove Yoyo.

Gift from Dolllove, wig and eyes.