1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmaster movie

Aug 23, 2004

1. I liked the movie, it wasnt reallly scary, but interesting. I felt really bad for the doll-girl.

2. own the movie, it's kind of cheesy yet awesome at the same time. I doubt someone who's not in to dolls would like it though.

3. years ago i had watched it...nothing much.i dont really like it.but then its the only movie with bjd as the main theme.

4. It was really good film and i liked it, the ending just was a little too sad, i cried for what happened to Mina. : (
      But dolls in the film were really beatiful.

5. gh....I'm fighting myself on whether or not I'll watch it....I love MY dolls, but I was so freaked out by dolls when I was younger that I don't want to risk going back again >.<

6. I remember when this first came out, I was in Japan then and my Korean transfer student friend was forcing me to watch it. Its been on my ipod ever since.

Legend.

Long live Doll Master!

7. *EDIT* Uuugh, Hae-mi annoyed me; what a fickle little child ;o; Poor Mina. If my best friend dropped me out of a window, I'd probably go on a killing rampage, too. And the part with Damien made me sad D: For some reason, I thought his owner would be one of the ones who lived.
      Good movie ^ ^ The big dolls scared me right from the start TTATT I thought it would just be BJD, so I was fine because I'm not scared of dolls. However, I'm terrified of life-size "dolls" (such as wax figures and more realistic mannequins)! *shiver*

Ohmygosh! :D You are my hero! I tried the eMule thing, and it wasn't working out, so I was pretty much set with the fact that I would never get to watch this u__u I've just started watching, so I'll post again when I'm done ^ ^ Thanks again! (*psyched to see rows and rows of BJDs*)

8. I watched this movie online last year while waiting for my Luke to come home (first BJD :aheartbea ). I was lucky enough to be able to obtain the movie last year too when going to the Mall of America. I did a doubt take and thought I was seeing things. Had to buy it. Sadly.. I haven't sat down yet and watched it with Luke like I said I would. :sweat

9. Good question. Everyone knows about to dispose of cherished dolls in Japan. There are lots of variations, but check out http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fl20061015x1.html.

What I would like to know, is whether they have similar ways of expressing gratitude to dolls in Korea that that one is going to ditch, or resell. Maybe the funeral pyre at the end was a sort of a purification ceremony, or the traditional way of disposing of monsters at the end of a horror film, though as the film asks, who are the real monsters?

The real question is, what are we going to do with the knowledge that our dolls can turn nasty in a big way if we don't love them enough? How do we "de-sanctify" a doll for resale? Worries, worries...

10. Oddly enough, I have THE BIGGEST doll phobia. I love dolls, but I also love scary doll movies. I really liked the movie Puppet Master. But others have scared the crap out of me, like "Dolls" or "Dead Silence", which I know isn't actually about dolls, but those creepy ventriloquist dummies give me the creeps.

This might be why I won't get a really, really big doll. They're one third the size of a human, and I'd worry that I wake up one night, and they're peering at me over my bed as I slept.

11. I can't believe I missed this thread for so long. The Doll Master is Chae-ri's all-time favorite movie! Even though things don't work out so well for the dolls in the end...but then, they were being controlled/misguided by the kimono lady doll...who, Chae-ri insists, wasn't really evil. She simply couldn't see things the way humans do. All the dolls--even Kimono Lady--were very protective of and devoted to their owners, as any doll should be.

As far as my attitude towards my dolls, I have to own that I am more like Yeoung-ha (Damian's owner) than Hae-mi (Mina's owner). I do carry Chae-ri around with me whenever I can get away with it, and I do talk to her when we're alone. I don't expect her to answer back, though, and it would probably freak me out a little if she did. Maybe that's why she never does. ;)

On a final note, Chae-ri loves to cosplay as Mina. She wants to go to the next doll meet-up and/or convention in costume.

12. I was scared by the doll (and many other things) in the Thief of Baghdad (Alexander Korda, 1940). The doll was a beautiful life-sized mechanical doll with, I believe, at least four arms. It sat stationary, but could otherwise move. It was built by the wicked Grand Vizier to kill the King, who was infatuated with the doll.

It is a great yarn, with a big budget, good special effects, and never a dull moment. Check out Wikipedia:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thief_of_Bagdad_(1940_film)
      to see that I am not alone in my opinion:aheartbea!

13. I watched 3 times already. And i love it, coz there are so many pretty bjd in the movies. And i was so sad about the story of mina, her owner is so stupid , how could she abandon such a pretty and expensive doll in the firsthand?then in the museum, she tried to kill mina while mina wants to save her, how ironic is that...

I wish my doll have soul, then we can talk and share every precious moment in life together. She will be there for me for eternity, no matter what cirumstance in life. I will introduce her to my future husband, children and grandson..

What will you do if your doll can talk to you?

14. The movie was great, a little bit scary. It didn't effect me on how I thought of dolls. I still love dolls all the same.

15. I love, love, love that wall of old Customhouse beauties -- I freeze those frames and just stare at them when I need a little happiness boost. If only the silly human actors weren't in the way . . . :lol:

16. I've watched the movie while I was still in college, and it made me to be curious more regarding BJDs. (I first thought that BJDs are made of porcelains XD) It's a wonderful movie.