1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmaster movie

Aug 23, 2004

1. YAY! *dances* I've been trying to download this for two weeks and just not having a lot of success. Hehe, one up side to loving Asian videos is having a multi-region player; I'll tell you that. :) Although, honestly, I haven't gotten to use it very much since I got it! Oh, yay, I can't wait to get the DVD! :)

2. Nope. PS2 encoding depends on where you purchased your console:

USA/Canada: Region 1
      Japan/Great Britain: Region 2

As far as I know, you could try to mod your PS2 to play all sorts of DVD, but I have yet to see one...

3. The beauty of Korean DVD releases is they're almost 100% guaranteed to always have English subs AND Korean DVD's have some of the most amazing packaging jobs I've ever seen - forget US box sets and Japanese SE's, Korean DVD releases are my favorite - anyone here see the Oldboy DVD release? Superb stuff and EXCELLENT movie (Chan Wook Park is amazing director! but I digress).

Back on track...

PS2 can be mod'd using a firmware CD instead of cracking it open I think - I will check with a friend of mine who has done something like this to his PS2 and see where something like that can be purchased.

Kai Nimura: Your Cradle of Fear DVD won't play because the UK uses PAL formatting whereas N. America and pretty much everyone else (cept methinks Australia) use NTSC - more than just a region code - kinda like VHS and Beta

And if the DVD itself is coded region 0 then it will play in any player (like Kai's Suicide Circle & Battle Royale) - but if the Region isn't 1 or 0 then you will def need a mod'd or all region player to watch anything from regions 2, 3, 4

4. Only if you have the game shark. It allows you to switch regions.

5. Well... SPOILERS TIME!!
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!!!
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -

I like the film a lot, specially poor Mina and Demian ;___; And I think I felt in love with Demian :D He's so cool!!! But I hate that gall type girl (argh! She eats the same potato chips I eat!! and have the mp3 player around her neck too... Kinda creepy ¬¬UU) that said those horrible things about Demian ¬¬U

But... I enjoyed this film because it has a comical side too ^^U The artist (the possesed woman) have a really rude way to paint dolls heads XDDD And I think our dolls will never be able to get a soul because we pass our days changing their eyes or removing their heads out XDDDD

6. *lol* poor shadow_arashi already knows how much I love this film! (Sorry! ^^; )
      *spoilers ahead*

I cried very muchly when Demian died- once I saw Young-ha cradling Demian's head and just sobbing his name I started crying too ^^;

And I also cried when Mina had that flashback about Hae-mi protecting her from the motorbike, and says "Hae-mi, why are you abandoning me?" :cry: So sad.

I love the way it was made, like someone said before, it wasn't some cheesy horror film- the plot was soooo good (and the added bonus of all the Ai Dolls! *_* My parents looked at me funny when I managed to name a lot of em :oops: )

I guess my only gripe about it was that Tae-seung (the cutie) died! :cry: Then again I AM just a rabid bishie fangirl ^^;

-Annie

7. I actually love the movie Puppet Master :oops:

And people who only watch the movie really don't understand, that despite the puppets actually killing people, the puppets themselves aren't evil at all. It has to do with who controls them, so it has more to do with the humans then it does the puppets.

The puppets were actually made by a man who loved them as much as he loved his own children. That's why he hid them and killed himself, so that no one could gain control over his "children"...because in that day, the Nazis wanted to use them to be assassins or something of the like. Unfortunately, someone bad did take control of them, but in the end, they destroyed him so he couldn't do anymore bad things.

It's a movie you can't base on seeing it once when you were little. Once you're older and you can see some of the ones that came after it, you realize that the puppets were actually good puppets.

And the first movie leaves out ALOT of what happened and why people did certain things. It was all in the quest for eternal life, actually, and to have that power. And as they say, absolute power corrupts absolutely. ^_^

I say give Puppet Master another chance if you aren't squeemish.

8. um actully each of th epuppets contined a soul of one of the maker's friends, and eventually himself. leech women was his wife for example.

9. Okay, now my interest is definitely piqued. I Googled it and found a site that has a few 'screenshots' available as well as they seem to sell it, shipping anywhere in the world. Payment looks to be via credit card.

I cannot vouch for this site, I know nothing about it and hadn't heard of it until just now. I don't know if this is a bootleg, but I think it may be a legit release. More research is needed however.

Anyway, the link to the listing for the movie is:
      http://www.seoulselection.com/shopping_dvd_view.html?pid=614

And these are the links to the pix with dolls in them. There were other pix but they were of the actors and had no dolls in them.
      http://www.seoulselection.com/files/shop_attach/614p-attach-5.jpg
      http://www.seoulselection.com/files/shop_attach/614p-attach-9.jpg
      http://www.seoulselection.com/files/shop_attach/614p-attach-10.jpg
      http://www.seoulselection.com/files/shop_attach/614p-attach-3.jpg

Loki's Mom

Ooops! Forgot to mention the dvd *is* a region code 3, so not playable elsewhere unless you have a region free dvd player. I presume it's NTSC as I don't see anything written about PAL. Is Korea NTSC or PAL?

10. Doll master finally downloaded and I just finished watching it!!!

I'm a big scaredy cat and I watched it alone... so it wasn't very scary but I LOVED IT!

I thought it was an amazing movie... I loved the way it was filmed and I loved all the little dolls!

The big ones freaked me out tho :p

I recomend everyone to watch it!

11. Which movie was that part from? I've seen the first and snippets of the second.

They never explain in the first one where the other puppets came from, since the only puppets that were hidden at the beginning of the first one that came out later were the switch-faced clown, and Blade(I heart Blade! XD) The only other puppets that were hidden with those two were the mime and chinese nobleman...and one more I can't remember...

All the others that showed up and started killing people were made later, I think...

Everything else I learned about the parts I haven't seen yet, I get in bits and pieces from my boyfriend...but I've already fallen in love with the story.

Then again, I'm a big horror movie buff...so that might explain why I like the movie so much. :oops:

12. Ah... it wasn't really scary... Choco still my big friend ^^

*may have that s-thing that is when you tell things about the movie and bla bla bla*

I like the way they show the dolls in the movie and I gt really mad with what the gril did to Mina..
      Whoa! Choco could have a soul 'cause I never change her eyes since I don't have more than her default eyes! XDDDD but I don't know if i belive in this kind of stuff... Choco has a soul but it is part of mine... we are one ^.~! Just like imaginary friends, but she has a body... something like that....
      I'd never stay in a place with that kind of dolls... bjd are ok but I don't really liked that big doll....

I tryed to find the post about people who saw the movie but I couldn't... maybe I did put the wrong word at search, dunno...

Choco got afraid and sad at the movie... she is just staring at me telling about it...

It is nice... and nice to see that CH dolls around *___*

Well that's it!

Kisses

Cacau

13. I want to watch the movie too! :cry: :cry: :cry:

[portuguese] hein hein? onde vc baixou o filme? num consigo pegar de jeito nenhum... :| [/portuguese]

14. Hai, I have the thread about DM saved to my favs. http://www.denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1798

I still haven't seen it yet. ;_; Having trouble finding it to download. I've downloaded the translations to the movie, but having trouble finding the movie itself. I wonder if they'll be selling the DVD with english subs? That would be really nice.

15. *goes to bother Max about downloading it for her*

16. Hi its on sale now on DVD with English subtitles as soon as find the link, will pop it up for you....

:daisy

17. will i be able to watch it on my dvd player? i want to know before i buy it.. it says region code 3.. not sure what that is, but i know i cant watch region2 dvds.. my player is a region 1 i think.. help!! i want to buy it!! *_*

18. With a region 1 player you can only watch region 1 discs and so on. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks lists a lot of codes to make your player region-free, it's worth to check out.

Oh and anyone know if there are good spoiler-free reviews for this movie somewhere? The other thread already has spoilers (appreciate the warnings though <3) and I'm trying not to spoil any movie I'm considering to see.