1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Banji! discussion part 2

Jan 3, 2006

1. Congrats manabusama! The Banji's are cute dolls. I think they are the first tiniest tiny dolls I collected. I have adored them.
      :)

2. Thanks:) Well it will still be a while before I can do the order. But my main concern is if any of the banji clothes I wanted for my dolls will be sold out. You never know when stuff will be sold out. I remember this really beautiful pastel yellow banji dress Dollmore once had. I waited to long and missed my chance at ordering it. And I still regret it so not ordering that yellow dress in time:|

Banjies is also the first tinies I collected. And the only Tiny I have besides my BID Naias.

3. It took a while, but now I have finally ordered my Sweet Rose Banji boy to join my Sweet Rose girl:)

And I decided that for now I will only be having these two and no other banjies.

Elerosh he is so cute:) I just love the Banji bodies <3

4. Rynn007: Elfdoll uses fishing line (transite) to connect the hands (& feet) to the ends of the elastic in the limbs. The problem is that fishing line can stretch if you pull on the hands or feet too hard &#8211; Like when you have to fight to remove a tight pair of shoes. I think that using something that doesn't stretch, like sewing thread seems like a more sensible choice. I have also heard that some people make tiny hooks out of Jewelry wire, and use that to attach the hands and feet, just like the bigger BJD's.

Oliveoil: If you study how your bigger dolls from other companies are strung, you will see that it is possible to re-string your doll with the knot in a different area, like the body. In general, Dollmore strings all of their dolls with knots in the head, and it is a pain-in-the-ass for all sizes ~ Even for getting eyes into their bigger dolls!! Don't be intimidated to re-string your tiny: Banjis actually have fewer little pieces than other Tinies. Once you have re-configured the elastic, dealing with the tiny eyes will only be half of a pain ;)

P.S: DreamingTree ROCKS!!!

joankagami: Yeah, we've been over this a dozen times in the old thread (and in discussion groups on Flickr): It seems the best way to get shoes for your Banji is to "knuckle down" and make them yourself. Personally, I have had it in the back of my mind for a long time now to just give up and commission DaisyDayes (The Mistress of Tiny Sculpted Accessories) to sculpt some lower legs with boots already on (attaching at the knee), or just some shoes that attach at the ankle-joint &#8211; replacing the feet altogether &#8211; like Elfdoll does.

In the mean time, Rosa Palomino makes excellent shoes for tinies, including Banji.

[HR][/HR]

Thank you for (patiently) reading all of my commentary! Here is a "rest" for your eyes:

[​IMG]
      Elly Close-Up by Mandasmac, on Flickr

My girl is named Elly, she is the "Peach" mold. She is wearing a Regency-Era outfit by Spampy with a matching bonnet by her Mother, Julienne.​

5. Yay my sweet rose boy have been shipped:celebrate
      Can`t wait for him to join my sweet rose girl.

I bought blonde hair for him. And asked if DM could please give him blue eyes like the girl.
      I had to buy a dress set also for my girl. It`s weird that the LE sweet rose girl come with a dress but no underwear or bloomers:sweat. Poor girl have been going around with her butt bare.

GoodbyeKitty173 Oh she is so cute:)

6. TuT I haven't touched my banji for so long. I did dress him up though. I made a wig out of yellow pompoms(cut and glued on wigcap.) I teased it with a needle so it would be fluffy. The purple dress is from a cheap Kenny.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      I'm embroidering a jacket for him now. I hope the material will hold up for a long time since this is just for practice.
      [​IMG]

7. oh it is great to see banji's...it has been ages since I came on banji thread...she was my first love.....the first bjd that I thought didn't look like a doll but like a girls...I didn't like big headed dolls at that time.........now I like a lot of different ones.. my banji is dressed as a forest girl at the moment, I really need to get her a new wig....she wants to say hi on this new thread....she still wants me to buy her a boyfriend.

8. Wilkies: Banjis are just super sweet aren't they~&#9829; Yours look wonderful! That dress is really nice.
      Wigs are relatively easy to make. I'm going to ModgePodge some fur for mine.

9. I am loving all of these creative wig solutions!

Joankagami: Pompoms = genius!!

Wilkies: I feel like I should know what plant that spiky pod came from… is it a Cotton bole? Milkweed? some species of Chestnut tree?

… Interesting solutions leading to more questions :?

manabusama: Thanks for the sweet comment :aheartbea

As for the underwear: try 1/12 {dollhouse-sized} underwear by the Heidi Ott company. Both Adult and Child's bloomers will fit Banji; One will be short and one will be a longer fit. The dolls are expensive but the underwear is not. Her company is German, so you can probably get a better deal on price and shipping from where you are in Norway.

10. Wow,that is really creative, Joan. Luv the pom pom wig and embroidered vest.

I like the leaf hat Wilkies. I can relate to your Banji experience. I think Banji dolls were the first tines that I really got into. They started my tiny doll obsession. I also like many kinds of dolls now and have moved on.

I like the pretty dress/outfit Haeden.

Goodbyekitty, your Peach is so cute.

11. not sure what it is,I just had it with some potpouri....but she is going to get a new wig, just not sure what colour yet.

12. GoodbyeKitty, Dollightful Thanks. I might make one more out of different colors just for fun. XD I'll put him in a lot of costumes.

13. I have not gotten to take any pictures of my Sweet Rose boy yet. I have been kinda energyless for a while.

But I took a picture of my Sweet Rose girl just now. I got her a new dress. And I think I like it better on her than her original dress. The face-up matches the color of the dress perfectly:)

[​IMG]

14. They are so adorable! >u<

15. Banjis are so cute! I may just get a Lime girl someday...

ADDED: Emoji insists she is going to be my first banji. She has a more variable face that shifts from thoughtful to shy depending on the angle. I have some Stacie clothes she might fit into, though most would be too big. I hope some of Stacie shoes I have might fit. I could probably make some clothes too with my minimal sewing skills. Does anyone know how long it takes Dollmore to ship?

16. Ordered my Emoji yesterday! I wanted to add to the shoe discussion that I've seen pictures of banjis that Only Hearts Club doll shoes would fit. I ordered a pair from Dollmore as well.

She has already told me her best friend will be a more realistic Beanie Baby bear I have and that I will need to make piles of fruit for them to share.

17. I'm getting a Banji in a trade and I have found this thread so helpful! Thanks!

18. Hello :D
      It's been a while since I've posted, so here's some seasonally appropriate spam of my Peach girl:

[​IMG]
      Elly & Friends by Mandasmac, on Flickr​