1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Banji! discussion part 2

Jan 3, 2006

1. [​IMG]
      Here is an old pic of Elf Elly Banji with a Dollmore wig(brown long wave)

[​IMG]
      and with her red mohair one.(Dollmore too)

[​IMG]
      a little Shelly head cut makes this one.

2. gilou2310 Cute!
      I just bought my Emoji Sparrow some Bratz Kidz clothes on ebay. They were pretty cheap, and I hope they fit.

3. Thank you Leo Pheonix!

Bratz Kidz clothes fit well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some Kelly-Shelly too
      [​IMG]

4. Lots of cute pictures! I would say some Bratz Kidz stuff fits well. The set I got in the mail today came with a dress, a skirt/ shirt set, and a skirt/pants set. The pants will not go on all the way and the dress fits well- on my Real Puki. So for other Banji owners looking for commercial clothes I'd say the shirts, skirts, and most dresses fit well. Jeans style pants do not. Sad, as they're cute.
      In her new clothes-
      [​IMG]In the Garden by Leo Pheonix, on Flickr[/IMG]

5. Gah! i really want one! Yours are all so pretty!

6. Dollmore has Banji available as a kit right now. If you can assemble this little one, it is a good price!

7. My Emoji's default wig is driving me crazy. It fits better now that there's super glue in it but does not stay on. Would a size 3 wig cap help or are they too big? It says on DDE that 3 is Real Puki sized, and my Real Puki has a much bigger head.

8. Hi, I just saw these really cute Banjis and was going to get the kit. But has anyone got and assembled one? Was wondering if you need to get s hooks for the feet and hands?

9. Dollmore does not use hooks to string Banjis. They just thread the elastic around the little pins in the hands and feet. The kit description says the pins are installed. You could add hooks, but they would be tiny! Perhaps some from jewelry findings could be used.

10. Ah ok thankyou, I ordered the banji kit. A question, do little dal clothes fit?

11. I don't know how big little Dal clothes are, but Banji has a body similar to Kelly/Shelly/Tommy dolls just taller. You also have to be careful of her hands getting caught in tight sleeves.

12. NO!!!! Little Dal (and Petite Blythe and Li'l Bratz) are all too skinny! "Lah-Di-Da" clothes are a good fit. "Licca" (By Takara) shoes will work – especially if they're made out of a "squishy" kind of vinyl. Don't order Blythe shoes without trying on a friend's pair first, because sometimes they're made too big on purpose to get that cute-sie, cartoony look.

About assembling the kit: Definitely try to figure out a way to use hooks on the hands & feet so that you'll have a way to remove them for dressing.

13. ...a bit of a weird question, but are the Banji on genderless/angel style bodies?

14. I have one of the boy Banjis (Elf Elly boy Dio) and he's definitely properly gendered! :sweat:blush So I think it's safe to say that Banjis' bodies are not genderless ;)

15. Huh...I thought it was a head sculpt difference, the banji genders don't look like they have bodily differences. Well, time to start searching...

16. I've seen a nude comparison someplace, but I can't find it now. The bodies are the same except the boy has bits.

17. I've ordered the boy banji unassembled from Dollmore...anything I'll need for the little guy before he gets to me?

18. I finally did it! I just ordered a Banji Eomji boy as a kit. I asked Dollmore to customize an outfit to fit him and they said yes! I'm really looking forward to getting him.

Does anyone know how to get S-hooks small enough to assemble him with? Or how to make them?

19. Affinite: Oh, wow: I had no Idea that Dollmore would make an outfit like that – Total SCORE!! And since you are comfortable with the idea of Body Mods, you'll know what to do about any kickiness! As you may have read in past posts, the main ideas we (Banji owners) have been able to apply are tiny S-hooks in the wrists (past posters have had success with modifying the loop-side of those tiny hooks for doll clothes), and general pipe-cleaner reinforcement. Personally, I think that the domed part of the ball-and-socket joints are not spherical enough: They're less than a half-circle and it severely limits the pose-ability range.

I can't wait to hear your "official" assessment when your boy arrives – and please don't forget to give us a pic & details about that customized outfit!!

:daisy Amanda

20. Thank you, I will be sure to share everything when he arrives :)

As for the outfit, I decided to take a chance and ask because I knew Dollmore would customize much of their clothing to fit their other sizes, they did an amazing job making some custom pieces to fit my Zinna. I didn't have high expectations because the banjis are so small, but they apparently can do some things. However, they can't make any of the outfits that have buttons or fasteners in banji size. It seems they must be cloth only.