1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Banji! discussion part 2

Jan 3, 2006

1. I can see that it wouldn't be worth their time to try to find buttons and such that are the right size for Banji!

2. My Eomji came in!! He is adorable! But badly needs wiring/suedeing, lol. I made his S-hooks out of loose, unused staples. No special tools, just my hands and a pair of scissors.

Stringing him was pretty easy, I used the twisty tie thing from a bread bag and a pair of tweezers. I hate how his head attaches, I think I will mod him to take an S-hook attachment later. This doll's default stringing method is not very user friendly, is it?

The clothes dollmore customized for him fit great! The eyes he came with do not, they barely fit in his head even after beveling. I think I need to find another pair. I used some scotch tape as a wig cap and gave him a hair cut (he came with a longer wig than I liked).

No faceup yet but here he is adorable already and I really think I am gonna love him, especially when I finish making adjustments.

I didn't take pictures of him alone yet but here are his box opening photos, curtesy of my Lusion since they are from the same story: http://dollmancy.tumblr.com/post/97416619770/acerbus-homecoming-image-heavy

3. You can also use a loop of dental floss to tie the hands/feet onto the elastic...that's what companies used to do with tinys all the time. I rarely remove hands to dress, even on FL dolls. I think I may have restrung my Banjis in the standard W and added a jump ring at the neck...I will have to check.

Buttons: It's rare to even find Yo size outfits with working buttonholes, much less 1/12 scale. There are scale buttons out there (I have 1-2mm ones), so they exist. However, making the buttonholes would be a nightmare (and likely drive up the cost of the outfit accordingly), so usually they're just added for decoration on top of the actual closure type, whether it be snaps or velcro. Could you imagine how difficult buttoning and unbuttoning that would be? Yikes..you'd probably need to use tweezers and a microscope. ;)

I made bead/elastic loop closures on my initial 1/12 scale dresses because I wanted to have more of a button look, but people still had a hard time with those, so I had to switch to a different fastening method. I wish they made snaps smaller than 4/0, because I like using snaps on casual outfits and the 4/0s seem very big in that scale. I see why they use Velcro on Kelly outfits.

I have also had luck with the older Winx doll outfits and Dawn outfits, as well as some of the older Bratz Babies line.

In this pic, Jet and Elizabeth are both wearing the reproduction Dawn doll outfits that were out a few years ago, they're made by Checkerboard/Toy O Rama.
      [​IMG]

4. Has anyone tried 4mm eyes in their banji doll?

5. Sorry, Affinite, I don't have any advice on eyes for the Banjis (never wanted to fiddle with those dinky heads, LOL), but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed your box opening for Acerbus. I seriously covet his tiny hakama outfit :dance

6. Thank you! The hakama outfit was the narsha size one I just asked dollmore to make it in his size :)

7. Thanks for sharing, Affinite ? The "Lusion" series are the largest dolls that Dollmore makes, it was great to see a few shots with your new Banji/Elf-Elly, who is the smallest!

…I see that "Acerbus" has a bit of an acerbic attitude, LoL :doh

8. The new Trinity series is even taller at 105 cm!

9. Yep, Lusion is the second largest Dollmore size but they still tower over Banji :). I really wanted that size difference for these two, I'm so happy with how it came out!

Acerbus is a little god of darkness, don't let his size fool you he can back up his attitude... If Lumen let's him . :XD:

Today I sueded him with little drops of hot glue and wired him with bell wire, he poses a million times better now! Loving this little one.

Still need to figure out what eyes to get him.

Took some photos with my cell phone earlier, maybe will post them in a bit :)

10. An old pic of Banji.

[​IMG]

11. Staying away from the BJD forums is a lot harder than I thought.. I was supposed to have a break and enjoy my hobby outside of the forums for a while :sweat

But I just ordered this girl http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=1755&b_code=B20060103034330&c_code=C20060103040840 and am very excited about that :whee:

I've been thinking about maybe ordering an EomJi boy as well. He's got such a beautiful face :blush

Leo Pheonix I use Tack-It to keep the wig in place. I put it around and on top of the head and it's awesome!

12. I've never heard of Tack-It, but hot glue seems to work well enough.

Affinite did the kit include eyes and a wig, or did you buy them seperatly?

13. manabusama: Congratulations on your new cutie! Also, WOW: It looks like Dollmore has almost everything back in stock for the Holiday season. No "Gal Dew" (Tan) Banji's unfortunately :pout:

14. Thank you :) Can't wait to get her home :whee:

I wish Dollmore could release a new LE tanned banji doll.. It's a shame they don't :| Same goes for the hair, clothes and shoes. "Why Dollmore won't you make moar stuff :pout:".

I understand now I better go search for other clothes that'll fit a Banji. Ordered a little Dawn set from Etsy. Soon I'll go on a treasure hunt on Ebay. My poor Banjies do not have much..

15. Hello. Finally joined the ranks of tiny owners with a Banji... well, an Eomji, the Banji will come later. He and a ballet body for my long term floating head were my Christmas present/reward for getting a better job (gift to myself). Got the Eomji in kit form, and I've not restrung anything smaller than a Yo before, so that was an adventure, but he stands and poses to some extent, so all good. He's not quite behaving as I'd hoped, kind of refused both the outfit I ordered him, and the one I got as a free gift. :doh So now I have to figure out where to get creepers in his size... and find eyes I like...
      [​IMG]
      Also only my second faceup at this size, and the other was at least five years ago... I expect to play around with this look a while before I'm satisfied, but I had a brief window of faceup weather yesterday, so I grabbed it.

16. What a cute guy! I like his style!

17. My new banji have finally been shipped :celebrate She'll be my third banji. I never get tired of these little ones<3

thothep Your boy is so cool :) I know finding clothes, shoes, hair and eyes can be challenging. But banjis are still so worth getting :3nodding:

18. Well, it's looking to me like I'll be making most of his clothes. And I have found somebody on Etsy who crochets adorable shoes in their size... wish I could crochet, they also sell the patterns. And found a link a couple pages back here for an eye-maker, just debating on whether to order customs, or hold out and see what's available at the Central Ohio Doll Show, which I always attend, in April.

And thank you for the compliments, nancy and manabusama. Now if only the brat would tell me his name!

(I am planning at least one more Banji in the future.)