1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[Dollmore] Dear Doll :D

Sep 10, 2010

1. My Shabee boy on the Doll Leaves body has the same problem, but I used some kips to make it sit a little higher. I think it looks fine with the wig on. Congratulations! I really think the Shabee head is too little for the Narsha body and looks perfect on the Dear Doll body.

2. Oh Auntbear, Shabee is so so so much cuter than she looks in the picture! Are you going to do your own face up? I would love to see a 'Real' picture of Popo. I just got my Narang a week or so ago and I am just not thrilled with him, I'm so bummed. I knew better than to get a boy, my own fault. My mom got her Coco and she is really pretty. Any Popo pictures?

3. pardon my ignorance but what are kips?

i actually like the head on both bodies. i have the two diff size "sisters".

i have cousins (on my side) and nieces (on my husband's) who had that chubby cheeked look well into their teen years so i don't find it odd :lol:

i think she is adorable too. i'm doing both the girls, hopefully this week. now if i could just fix the posing problem....

4. Sorry double post..

5. Ohh, I LOVE her! and a fox baby, what a great idea Manabusama. I really want to see 'Real' photos of her although bothe my DD look EXACTLY like the stock photos.

6. since you asked............ here is a pic of my Dollmore Popo girl, i did her faceup, and just love her

[​IMG]

7. Oh Miss Ally she looks perfect! What a mug on that kid. I am hoping a few of my dolls sell soon so I can order her, she is now my favorite! What is she standing on, is that a backdrop? I am dieing to get one but don't know if anyone has used one?

8. juno101 When Popo first was released I did not quite like her. It have only been like 2 days ago since I added her to my wish list. And she is on the top of my list now^^ I so want to just order her right away<3 But I have a MNM that are going to be modded and painted by MingYi in July. Have to save my money for that first. I am hoping that I will be able to order her after the summer vacation. But I am hoping I maybe can find a way to order her before that. I have not cuite decided if I`ll make her into a fox child yet. But it sounds pretty cool! It might bee that I just have her as a cute little chubby Loli girl^^

Miss Ally Adorable<3

9. thank you so much, i'm glad you like her. she "is" standing on a backdrop. i have a few of them, they are muslin and i get them on ebay. i guess it's ok to post link here? be mindful of what you are ordering, they come in different sizes. after you purchase the size you want, contact the seller and tell them what style you want. they are a reliable seller.
      http://stores.ebay.com/RaiHing-Worl...97065015&_sid=746145515&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

10. Does anyone have a Narang girl? I think she's so cute and her face is so striking. Her expression is very special and somewhat different than the other Dear Dolls. I'm planning on getting her as soon as I have the funds. By looking at the measurements it seems like these boys and girls are likely to fit into a lot of yo-stuff. At least I hope so. :)

11. I have a Narang boy and Bomi girl, their bodies are identical except for the little bits! My DD's fit into my Littlefee and Angi Ai clothes just fine, they all share clothes and shoes.

I will tell you though the diffrence between my Bomi, who is a year old and my brand new Narang, is huge. My Bomi is rock solid, holds a pose perfectly and is very heavy and her color is lovley. I was very disapointed in my Narang, he weighs half of what Bomi weighs and the resin is sort of a worm pink and the worst is he CAN NOT pose, his body is like a loose snake. He is like a rag doll and will take ether a lot of restringing or wiring and seauding. The elastic in him is so so thin and soft. Bomi's is round and 2x's as thick and that how she came with.

My mom just got her Coco yesterday and I will see her today but my mom said she is just like Narang's body floppy and very hard to dress:?

12. about the posing of these dolls, my Popo was the worst ever..... so many joints, that go every which ways, and so floppy. i pulled the body strings as tight as i could, and that did the trick. she is quite obedient now....... i recently got another Dollmore doll, and she is even worse. i think they are sending the dolls out loosely strung to avoid breakage while shipping.

13. it took me over a week (sick kids and all that) but i finished the girls faceups. here's a picture of the two girls together.

[​IMG]
      ananda and ellyce by onebluestocking, on Flickr

there are more views on flicker both finished and partly done. i'll also be adding them to my blog

and i set up a gallery page here with more detail
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ardoll-size-mild-nudity&p=7833001#post7833001
      if anyone is interested

i guess i should also put the mild nudity warning as the gallery has one nude pic of my deardoll. she has her hands over her privates so it is only mild.

i'm planning on re-stringing ellyse using some heavier elastic, as soon as it arrives. i think the stuff sent with her is just too wimpy, she flops too much and it looks like there is lots of room for the heavier stuff.
      i didn't like the way she flops at first either. but after playing with her during the faceup, i like all the positions she can go into. the problem is she can't hold any of them because of the elastic (at least i'm hoping that's what it is :) )

14. Um ok so I have decided to not get a Popo after all. I really loved how she had this different an fun look. But after giving it a further thought I see that funny and cute was all she was to me. I never buy a doll that do not fit in with my other dolls some how. If I had bought her I`m afraid she would have ended up as only room decoration in the end.

15. that's what i thought too. i've ordered new elastic the same size as in my narsha and am going to restring ellyce when it arrives. your experience makes it sound like that should do the trick hopefully.

16. Hello !
      Here is my little Bomi :D :

[​IMG]

17. what a sweetie. but it looks like you'll have to keep an eye on that one, she looks like she has a mind of her own :lol:

18. Thanks auntbear ! You're right, she is a strong minded little girl :sweat

19. today i finally tried restringing my first doll ellyce (deardoll shabee) when she came the elastic was too flimsy and she was as floppy as a newborn. it seemed to me that the elastic was just too thin and tightening would not solve the problem so i ordered 3mm elastic to replace it. it took me almost two hours because i had to keep retrying/rethinking it to make it work so i thought i would share what worked to speed it up for anyone else who wants to fix their dear doll.

first i tried just replacing the elastic with the thicker stuff but the wrist and ankle hooks were too small to go around the elastic and have it move at all so i couldn't tighten it. probably the easiest way to fix that would have been to simple replace the hooks with bigger ones but i didn't have any so i had to come up with another answer.

i took the elastic she came with and looped it around the hooks then tied that around the heavier elastic. i found i had to tie the knot as tight as possible (just enough slack to let the heavier elastic move when i tugged on it.) or the knot pulled up into the knee joint and messed that up. the heavy elastic threaded through all the limbs with no problem, just a bit of wiggling in some places.

i did the arms first (i don't think there is any other way) and then the legs using one continuous piece with a loop and knot on the hook. i pulled it as tight as i possibly could knotted it, and then pulled the hook through the head.

she still takes a bit of fiddling to get into position but she now sits and stands like a rock once i get it right! i am extremely pleased with her now.

a couple of other observations. i used hemostats to clamp the elastic after i had pulled it tight in the arms then worked the knot to be tight against the clamp before releasing it and cutting the elastic.
      i also used hemostats to hook the middle loop onto the neck hook while i pulled the rest of the elastic tight and knotted it.

i probably could have done it faster if i had strung one with less joints to practice (and hadn't put the head hook on backwards and then had to switch it after i had everything as tight as i could possible make it :lol:)

i probably should have sueded the joints while she was apart but i'm not taking her apart again for that. i'll probably try to do it later without restringing her.
      however the difference in my girl is amazing and was definitely worth the effort