1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[Dollmore] Dear Doll :D

Sep 10, 2010

1. she is very cute. you may find you need to restring her instead of just tightening her . i found the string the send with the deardolls was just too loose to work but with new elastic my shabee poses beautifully!

2. A quick photo of my new girl. I need to restring her soon, but she is really cute.

[​IMG]

3. lovely :) did you crochet her top?

4. No, I wish. I bought it at the doll convention last summer. It was made by Janene Manning, a very wonderful and talented local seamstress.

5. Hi everyone!
      This thread seems pretty dead, but I'm hoping someone will come over and chat with me. Dear Doll Shabee is on my list for 2014 and I'm wondering if anyone else has one. I'd love to see some owner photos of Shabee! :)

6. my poor girl has been really neglected lately 'cause she is on the list of dolls that need new faceups and the weather is not cooperating (also the new dolls keep bumping her place in the spa since they are totally faceless and she at least has one) but even with a poor faceup the sculpt is still lovely!
      [​IMG]
      talia by onebluestocking, on Flickr
      i'm also not sure if they still do it, since my shabees are some of my oldest dolls, but when i got my deardoll/narsha they both came with free cute outfits included. the deardoll one was the panda suit talia is wearing

7. Talia is adorable! That wig is perfect for a child her age and she just looks so innocent and cute. :aheartbea I adore that angelic little face.

Mine is going to be blond, and I want this wig for her. I like that Dollmore includes a wig for them and lets you specify one if you want to. I don't know if they come with a free outfit now or not. It looks like most of Dollmore's other dolls, including Narsha, comes with "default underwear" but even that isn't listed on Shabee's page. Ah well... there are a lot of cute choices in the clothing section for her, and I have other dolls her size at home. The plan is to order her and her 'big sister' Narsha together, hopefully sometime in late summer this year. I've been doing pretty good in sticking to my doll plans lately, so perhaps my little girls will be home and united with their parents by Halloween. :)

8. that wig looks really cute.

the only other thing i would say is that when i got my dear doll she was strung on really flimsy elastic and was terribly floppy, wouldn't even sit up. i ended up restringing her right away on 3mm elastic instead. and now she is one of the most poseable of my dolls because of the extra body joint (she was pretty easy to restring too considering i'd never strung a doll and was pretty new to all things bjd!) i don't know if they have fixed that or not. the narsha dolls didn't have the same problem and my narsha shabee has still not been restrung. just something to keep in mind. i would definitely recommend the deardolls in spite of that, since restringing fixed the problem completely, and i have other dolls that don't pose well no matter how much they are restrung.

9. Thanks! hehe as soon as I saw that wig, it just cried out "This is toddler hair!" lol :aheartbea

That's also good to know about the elastic! If they haven't fixed it, I'm not too worried. I am absolutely no stranger to restringing and I've got plenty of 3mm marine shock cord around here. I'm a big fan of Resinsoul, so I'm no stranger to crappy default elastic either. :XD: Almost the first thing I do with a new RS doll is restring him/her. I'm really happy to hear these dolls are very poseable, because so many dolls in this size just aren't. And you're right...with some dolls, no amount of restringing in the world will fix their posing issues.

10. that's good some people seem to be really scared of restringing and my poor girl was basically useless till i restrung her, so i like to warn people, but they are such lovely dolls i've never been able to figure out why they aren't more popular!

11. It's good that you warn people...not everyone is as experienced - or as fearless about taking dolls apart - as me. ;)
      I wonder why Dollmore dolls in general aren't more popular, really. They make lovely doll sculpts and some of them look really realistic. Maybe that's part of why they don't seem to be as popular? I see a lot more stylized sculpts out there, which seems to be a lot of people's preference.

12. possibly, but iplehouse is really popular and their sculpts are almost all realistic.... i have a few dolls that aren't as popular like some of the sooms, my rosenlieds and my honey delfs as well. all lovely dolls, but they don't seem to get as much "play" time 'cause there is no one to talk about them with. so that might be part of the problem. and newcomers to doa might assume that the dolls aren't as well made if no one has them/talks about them?

the dollmore dolls must be popular somewhere else though, cause the sculpts have been around for quite a while and don't get discontinued. the company couldn't keep going if so few people bought them...

13. Whee! I'm in the process of trading for a DearDoll Shabee, and I have Narsha on order! :)

14. congrats! maybe we can all get this thread revived!

15. Congratulations! And how ironic... Dear Doll Shabee and Narsha are the next two dolls on my wish-list. ;)

I'm really quite surprised that your Honey Delfs don't get as much attention...I would've thought HDF was one of those sculpts that I lot of people were into and would talk about. And I think you're probably right about newcomers making assumptions about which dolls are 'good' dolls based on how active the discussions topics are. I think some great companies are highly undervalued simply based on how much discussion they're receiving here on DoA. And yeah...somebody must have Dollmore dolls out there! They certainly sell out of their LE dolls regularly. If only we could get those Dollmore owners to come in here....

16. i have yet to figure out what makes a sculpt or doll popular, except that if a lot of people talk about it here it seems to become more popular and get more attention here at least. kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. so there must be somewhere else that the dear dolls are popular. i'd love to find out where so i could meet up with some of those owners too :)

17. My Shabee should be here by Thursday, yay! I am so excited! :)

18. great! looking forward to pictures :)

19. Introducing Laurel Annie, my little sugar cookie. :)

[​IMG][/url]
      Shabee_stand by Opalmm, on Flickr[/IMG]

20. what a sweetie! her dress and dollie suit her perfectly too :) i don't know how anyone ca look at shabees face and not want to take her home....