1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore discontinuing sales of Dolkot Dolls!?!

Apr 11, 2007

1. I hope so too! But Dolkot doesnt seem quite popular :(

2. I'm glad I'm not the only person who has concerns about Dolllmore after this... I didn't think there would be any issue with sculpt theft again, but I worry that maybe there are confrontational issues involved or something. :sweat I had no idea about Dolkot messing around and delaying things, so I think that's probably a decent explaination as to why this happened.

It's so annoying, 'cos I was very happy with Dollmore and wanted to order a Hara from there. I believed that they would oversee the order well, and since I have wanted their dolls in the past but they aren't at the top of my list, it's a shame that I'll order from Dollmore less. (I also wanted to buy several items from them FOR my Hara at the same time, but the chances of me doing that are of course lessened as I would have to make an independant order for them. *sigh~*)

3. Essentially the breakdown of what happened to me:

I placed my order almost 10 weeks ago and was told that my normal skin Dolkot Hara would be shipped to Dollmore and the faceup done within a week.

Dollmore then heard from Dolkot AFTER the initial order was placed, that they were upgrading their male bodies and shipping of the doll would be delayed a few days. A few days turned into a few weeks, and then they changed their mind as to what they were modifying (originally just the knees, then they went on to do something else, but what I'm not certain). Every order got pushed further and further back. Dollmore Jee was helpful and apologetic the whole time, and very quick to respond to any questions.

When the body mods were supposedly done, Dolkot said they were going to ship. The arrival date came and went, and after the arrival date, Dollmore is still without stock. After another week, they got the heads only in stock (no bodies), and went to work doing faceups until the bodies arrived.

Cut to yesterday; my Hara finally shipped via EMS. Long wait, I hope it's worth it.

That's why I ordered from Dollmore as opposed to Dollndoll. The fault of the order delays was NOT the fault of Dollmore, though, so I hold no grudge against them.

4. I'm agreeing with Megomobile on this one. Dolkot was giving Dollmore order problems and sending the wrong things. I had trouble when I got my Leaf about them not sending me a default wig. Someone else got a Leaf with two left ears (they are detachable). I'm sure Dollmore decided that DK is more trouble then they're worth and just cut ties before things got any worse.

5. Of course! Neither would I, I know Jee always tries to be helpful and do the best for everyone, which is why I think it's a shame that I'm not going to be buying as much from them. It's not Dollmore's fault, though.

6. Well there goes the current plan to buy kiss (well eventually anyway....):|

Loved looking at the all the different versions on dollmore....

Anyone else notice they are not selling nobility dolls either anymore?

7. I was in contact with Dolkot last week asking about their english website - they have no immediate plans to open up the english site although the domain name is registered and they have a front page up. However you can actually purchase from the Dolkot Korean website, by emailing them and letting the company know what you want. Thought it would be handy to let every one know if your really desperate for a specific doll and its not up on the dollndoll site. :)

8. *sigh* This is perfectly awful. I was quite fond of some of the Dollkot dolls sold on Dollmore too. Dollmore was the only company I saw selling that beautiful white-skinned Loon. :(

9. I wanted to order the last of my dream dolls.. a dollkot from dollmore.
      Sigh.. I hope they bring them back.. D:

10. When did you order your Kiss from Dollmore Lunesque? I ordered mine (White Kiss) on 3/6/07 and am still awaiting it's arrival....

11. How can you know the prices, the costs of the dolls-in USA dollars, from the Korean site? I see like 62,000 cost and wonder what that is in USA? Is there a way to find out?

Forgive me if this question doesn't belong here, I am new, and just have been wondering.

12. you could look up a currency converter online, or just email and ask I'm sure :)

13. I think the reason why Dolkot isn't selling through Dollmore anymore is because Dolkot dolls are casted by Dollshe company...and well we all know how Dollshe is against Dollmore *smiles*

Sabriell

14. I find that illogical, simply due to the amount of time between the start of the alleged controversy and the pulling of Dolkot from the site. If that was really the issue, they would have pulled them immediately. It would be poor business practice to retain a relationship if the blood was really that bad, because it would be the customers that would suffer in that case.

Just a thought.

~Anrui

15. Are you REALLY sure about that or just speculating? I've heard a lot of people complain that Dolkot didn't give them the right doll or dolls had two left feet or ears. That might be because it was causing Dollmore more problem than they were worth. Dollmore was the one caught in the middle getting mails of complaints and trying to come up with a solution.

But if Dollshe casts Dolkot maybe that might explain a few things...

16. Well who knows what goes on atm, KiYong [Mr Dollshe] is on military duty atm for the next 2 years [mandatory in South Korea] so he can't be there as often, and before that he was working hard on his case against Dollmore.

And maybe the problems on Dolkot's side did add to it...who knows...
      Because we are not Korean we will not hear the real reason.

17. Having ordered directly from Dolkot in the past, I can believe that shipping delays and communication problems would drive any company to stop distributing Dolkot items. :roll:
      It's also possible that Dolkot wants to pull all English speaking business to their own future website and initiated this themselves. Volks did the same thing to the Doll & Hobby Shoppe when they opened the LA Sumika.

18. My impression is that Dollkot is not cast by Dollshe, but rather both utilize a common third company. I don't think there's any relation between them that would result in this business action.

19. You can use a currency converter, http://xe.com is normally pretty good. Just type in the values and select the currency. Quiet simple really :)

20. For those interested, an ebay seller under the name koreaexpress is selling Dolkot dolls, including the limited edition ones. They aren't cheap, but it's an option for those who can't/won't buy directly from Dolkot for any number of reasons.

The seller looks legitimate.. 100% positive feedback, and has sold a number of high-priced items and dolls.

If anyone buys from this seller, please post about your experience. I created a thread in the feedback section, but it seems no one has done business with them yet.