1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Fashion Doll Discussion

Jul 28, 2015

1. @TasiaChiba Yes, I think it's a little smaller than Rong in the hips, or at least narrower, certainly looks it, let me pull them out next to each other.... Ugh, I can't find my tape again. She couldn't get the dresses I put on the Shi body on, her bum was too big. So I think the Rong body is just a bit bigger, though visually it's not a great difference. There is more difference in the heights, with Shi being taller with longer arms, and maybe a longer torso as well. And Shi also has broader shoulders, more realistic proportions.

#201 IngieBee, May 1, 2021
      Last edited: May 1, 2021
    2. Oh, I would definitely like to see that and compare some measurements. I have a feeling it really is a double jointed version of the Mei/Lan single jointed one like I have! Or a slightly larger one.

I fought with Flickr for a bit, but I finally have my new hands comparison up to show off.
      [​IMG]
      Resinsoul with Ring Doll hands
      by TasiaChiba, on Flickr

Okay, image not posting on my phone, ugh, but link.

(Edit: Fixed image)

#202 TasiaChiba, May 1, 2021
      Last edited: May 3, 2021
    3. I'll try to take more pictures tomorrow :) Posing n all :) Aesthetically it is a lot like Mei, but indeed bigger, broader shoulders too. Sun said the Shi body doesn't ccme with the thigh joint but I requested it and they did it for me, and I'm super glad, as she can pull up her knees very nicely :D

4. And here is a picture next to a Tonner Tyler Wentworth. You can see why the Tonner clothes are a bit short in the arms and length

[​IMG]

Oh poop, I forgot Rong! :doh

Those look good, but are they actually smaller than RS hands?

5. Ah, that's great to see the bodies arriving!!! The proportions look really good! Meanwhile, I'm trying not to sit here constantly refreshing the tracking on my order... so far it's got as far as the airport in Korea. :lol:

6. I know, it seems to be harder to wait when it's in the post than while you were waiting for shipping, no? @morganatron ?

7. I know!!! So much harder! :D

8. I can't wait to see how you style her though @morganatron :D

9. Actually, they are! Raccoondoll hands are, too, but still too big for the Mei body. I'd honestly think both would be perfect for that Shi body! I was honestly thinking of eventually giving them to the Dawn centaur body I need to buy as I think they will be perfect. (Which uses the Shi top, if I recall. ) I can see the comparison with the Tonner, and the Mei is closer in size if I remember correctly. But yes, it's a slight difference in size, but enough to be noticeable. I'll try to get some comparison photos of all the hands I have in that size together! I have Minifee, Unoa, Resinsoul, Raccoondoll, and these Ringdoll hands. =thinks= Hrmm... I believe that's all, lol. I mean, aside from my meat palmy MSD and old DollZone, lol

10. Oh wow, that'd be a great resource, @TasiaChiba , please direct us to the picture of the hands when you get it :D Thanks :D

11. I'm planning on blonde hair and a Renaissance dress. :D

12. Ooooh, pretty, I'm doing similar with two of my big girls :D Late medieval to Renaissance :D

13. SHE'S HERE!!!! :D And I'm so excited about it!!! I'm glad I waited before starting to make clothes though as she's going to be on a completely different body and have a different hair colour, so I'm still sorting that out, but she's so cute!!! Now, without further ado, what you've all been waiting for: the hybrid options!

[​IMG]

Left to right: Dollmore FMD Thelma head on a Minifee body, a Withdoll original body, an Impldoll Child body and a Souldoll Kid General original body.

Thoughts:
      The FMD head is a very pale pink and so it doesn't match anything I have - NS is far too dark on all of them, WS is probably too light and all my dolls are dreadfully yellowed! So blushing to match might be the best bet? Also they all look a bit weird here but much better with wigs on!

Minifee: Propertions look surprisingly good but the neck is too thick and doesn't fit well at the back so movement is limited. Long hair would hide that okay, but neck modding might be needed for any movement. I didn't think this would work but actually I think it's my favorite?!

Withdoll: the body I intended to use but it's a big fail!!! The neck is far too long and the resin match is awful! However - sanding down the neck would work fine I think, the proportions are otherwise good, and Withdoll do a Rose White resin which I suspect might be a good match (Or blushing could work). Unfortunately this is the discontinued original body though, not sure how the new one would be - you can compare them here: :::::::::: WITHDOLL ::::::::::

Impldoll: Not bad, it's a cheap body at least, but I don't know what the match for NS is like. Proportions are actually good, it's just not my favorite body aesthetically, but it might suit others very well!

Souldoll: another long discontinued body, sorry - and I know the NS match wouldn't be good as it's much pinker. But...I really love the look of this head on the body??? Even though it's really yellow and doesn't match at all? So that's my plans changed! :D Proportions are good, although I should note I bought this body modded and the neck was made smaller, so I'm not sure how the original was.

So that's what I've tried so far - it's evening now and I've lost the light, but I can take more pictures tomorrow if anyone wants some, like close ups or head fit from the side? Or in wigs and clothes? I also have some boy bodies I can try if anyone is interested, and also the Little Monica Hot! body that I didn't get time to try out - so sing out if any of that's of interest!

Ha, so she was going to be blonde and on the Withdoll body, but instead she's going to have either red or black hair and be on the Souldoll I think - here's a sneaky picture of that!

[​IMG]

At least I'll finally get to use that wig? And the Withdoll body can have a Raccoondoll head one day instead.

14. I really like all the bodies, except that I would have to adjust the neck. But the souldoll body is an excellent choice, love it! Also, I'm shocked that the Impldoll body works! Yah, I knew the resin color would be super light as I have some Dollmore Kids and knew I'd have to match the body colors. I have an Impldoll young body that is rather new, but it doesn't look like that. I'd have to unstring her though because she has a mnf neck adapter on her, but I think I might do that because I'm curious :) She is way chunkier than other minis I have.

#214 IngieBee, May 5, 2021
      Last edited: May 5, 2021
    15. Ah yes, the impldoll Child body is A LOT smaller than the Young body - both are MSD though. I have the male Young body and it’s huge!

16. Oh ok, so is the child body still around? I never saw it before?? Anyways, I think all of them could work, and I am feeling really excited to get my Withdoll bodies even if it's going to be some time yet :)

17. Huh, I just checked, and the impldoll child body does seem to have vanished! Which means I pretty much only took hybrid photos of discontinued bodies, how useless was that! :lol: Sorry everyone!

18. Actually, I found it still available at Alice's collections :D

19. Ah! Must be just about discontinued though by the look of it, if it's not on the Impldoll site.

20. Okay, phew, I finally had a day off! Here's all the slim mini hands in the house, outside of Song, because I forgot his hands, and my DZ are really too old to be of use.

[​IMG]
      Slim Mini Hands Comparison
      by TasiaChiba, on Flickr

Left to Right: Resinsoul (Mei), Minifee, Ringdoll (RKGhand01), Unoa, Raccoondoll

I also want to point out that the right hand (here) of the Ringdoll hands does appear to be smaller. I know it's curled inwards, but it does look to still be a smidge smaller anyway. Otherwise, they are just gorgeous hands! And I think they'd work even better on the Shi body.

I'm still on the lookout for smaller hands, though, so if anyone knows of any potentials, lemme know!

#220 TasiaChiba, May 7, 2021
      Last edited: May 7, 2021