1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Fashion Doll Discussion

Jul 28, 2015

1. I wasn't supposed to spend any money :doh But I bought 2 heads, Eya and Sara and shoes and sneakers and new chord and a bracelet and a watch :doh:doh:doh:doh:doh Thank you @morganatron for putting that last straw on my camel's back and breaking my resolve not to spend more money!!! I guess I deserve it though, as I love to enable as well, LOL :dance:cheer:celebrate:cheer:dance

Edit: Oh no, @TasiaChiba , don't hurt yourself! Wow, thank you so much, that really helps. As you see above, I broke down and made the purchase which is totally bad of me, and must not happen again, so bodies will be another year! LOL. I hope... I need to save money! But that's so cool, I can't wait to see my heads in person and try painting them :D

Oh and Thelma does look good on the racoon body, Oh my gosh, the choices are quite extensive now a days. One of the things that held me back was that I wasn't sure what body I could put them on. Now choices are a plenty!

#61 IngieBee, Feb 16, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    2. Oh wow, thanks so much for taking those photos, it DOES look good with the Raccoondoll head, looks like my gamble will pay off! :D If it helps at all, I photographed a Raccoondoll head on the Withdoll original body in the FID thread, here: https://denofangels.com/threads/iplehouse-fashion-doll-discussion-part-11.822921/page-39, and then if you scroll down a bit I've posted two more photos of different hybrids (I, uh, also might have a loving hybriding too much problem) - one on the Souldoll General body, which I think would work really well with Thelma (or the other heads too.) Unfortunately, both that body and the Withdoll body are discontinued, so that's not so helpful for you, although the new Withdoll body looks pretty good - taller and slimmer with more joints, so I think it would work. And I'd be happy to take photos of my Thelma head on any of those bodies when it arrives! But it could be a long wait - 40 days to make it and then the extremely unreliable (at the moment) postal system to Australia. But that's something to look forward to at least! And wow, it really DOES look good on the male body as well - how unexpected! And what a tempting thought!

Ah ha, sorry for enabling you right back! :D I also added a wig and some props to my order, I mean if I was paying postage, why not? And I was so tempted to get the Eya head as well, but I resisted to see how this one worked... But seeing the head with Raccoondoll pictures, I really think it's going to!

3. @IngieBee the 8% discount was at the top of the page, kind of like a gold banner. It's why I decided NOW was the time to get my Thelma haha!

@morganatron congrats!!! The old Withdoll body is amazing, I used it for my favourite doll, my Unoa Sist named Carly :love

@TasiaChiba thank you so much for these pictures!!! I meant that I wanted a picture from straight ahead, sorry, I wasn't clear; the pictures you posted before were all kinda shot from an angle. I love Thelma even more after seeing these pictures!!

I love how active this thread suddenly got haha!!

4. @Evelien : Haha, they were shot at off angles! If you need any other specifics, I really don't mind. I'm so glad you like her!

The first fullset had me interested, and I really liked her, but that faceup was meh for me. I'd already decided to purchase her, but had held off.... then they posted the newer fullset, which I think is UBBER gorgeous, and I knew I had to bring her home. I bought her first week of December and she shipped to me last month. I'd been looking for a second hand Resinsoul body, but couldn't find anyone posting the single-jointed body I needed. Finally, I just full on bought a Ju from Denver Doll just so I didn't have to wait any longer for the body once she'd already arrived. (Which, I never had a shipping notice, so she just appeared one day! ahaha)

@morganatron : OMGoodness! That's the old Withdoll body?! It's so much smaller than I was expecting, and a perfect option! Do you know how much larger the new body is in comparison? If the torso is about the same, it should work regardless. That's absolutely exciting! I'll try to post a picture of the Raccondoll head beside the Dollmore FMD head to give you a size reference of that. It should totally work, even better than the RD head on that body as the FMD head is smaller!

EDIT: Oh! I discovered this comparison blog post while looking!

Also, precise measurement of the Thelma head for anyone that needs to know: 12.5cm/5" circumference .

I'm also looking at Eya Hymore, Misia, and Erico as next potentials, just trying to narrow down. Or even Hayon~ I'm just really glad to see interest sparking in these lovelies!

#64 TasiaChiba, Feb 16, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    5. Yup, I got it, posted in waiting thread too and updated the waiting list if anyone wants to go and join up there :D I got Sara and Eya. I've been researching MSD bodies ever since and my conclusion and those that made it to my list are:

Withdoll JWD
      Souldoll New Girl Body
      Akagi doll 44 girl body wit the biggest breasts (which are small)

They all excel at one thing, and have troubles with other things, but all are solid posers and have lovely sculpting. I am hoping they'll look ok with Chicline dolls, like Akagi is at the bottom of the list due to her being a bit tall. Souldoll is 43.5, not much better and Withdoll is 42. Now these heights are based off of the original bigger heads for their makers, so I figure I should be at minimum 1 cm shorter. I have to say Withdoll has the biggest lead at the moment. I'm hoping I can get bodies with lovely colors during one of their events??

Thank you for the head measurements, @TasiaChiba it's very promising for a good Chicline fit. Could you tell us what the height of herr head is? Maybe from neck attachment to top of head? I figure that'd be more accurate than from the chin :D Thanks :D :D :D

Thank you for all those shots @morganatron , they've been super helpful :)

#65 IngieBee, Feb 17, 2021
    6. Oh that comparison blog is really useful! But if you need more reference Withdoll posts some comparisons with their pictures of the new body: :::::::::: WITHDOLL :::::::::: It looks like it poses much better and they've fixed the weird knock knees of the old body, but the neck is thicker and shorter - good for all other hybrids, not so good with the fashion dolls for us! Also annoying that they've gone for stringed hands rather than magnet hands - I love the magnet hands for ease of dressing! Well, I'll be using the body I already have anyway, and her head will go to another doll to share bodies, poor thing.

Ah, but the possibilities - what I'd love to do is get the Resinsoul Sui body (and sell the head I guess since you can't get it separately) and the Eya head (or another Thelma???) and make a cute little demon boy with wings and dragon feet and horns! :D Well, there's a plan for the future... right now I've got to save my money as I now have four heads in need of face-ups and that's expensive!!! And I have to wait until I feel the post is reliable enough to send them overseas as there's no-one local who does these tiny heads. Well, maybe by the time my Thelma arrives things will have improved, who knows?

7. @IngieBee : No problem! From at the neck under her ear to the top middle of her head (flush and curved) is 6cm. It's late now, I'll add an image later that illustrates the measurement, as well as a side by side head comparison with RD Nina. ^_^

@morganatron : Omgoodness, I didn't think about my Resinsoul Song.. he's not on the Sui body, though I need to buy that or the dragon body for him, but he's on the old single jointed body and I can try the Thelma head on that one too!

Also, you can totally order just the body from Resinsoul. Just email them to place an order and give the specifics that you want. They are super accommodating! I just wanted instant gratification and ordered an in stock doll from Denver Doll for my Thelma's body.

8. Thank you :) @TasiaChiba , I totally understand what you're saying. You don't need to take a picture of that, but I'd love more side by side photos, or just photos in general because I'm the cookie monster for photos :D Love seeing them :love I think I'm 99.9% certain I'm going to want a withdoll body for at least one of my girls, and probably the souldoll for the other, however it will be a while before I can order them. In the meantime, I would love to hear about anyone else's favorite bodies, especially MSD boy bodies, because I will need, have to get boys as well. My Rou Chicline might just have to be a short boy, you know? They exist, so why not :D

9. You know, I don't get this. Dollmore Fashion dolls have been around forever, I mean really a long time, and yet, I can't find pictures of them almost anywhere?! 2 on instagram, nothing on flickr, EXCEPT from a person who has a Sara and does all kinds of videos and photos with digital magic of her, pretty fun. But nothing else.

It's weird, so little out there. Is there another place i should be looking? I mean, I'm using google, are there better places to search?

OK, I feel the need to babble more as I'm quite excited. First off, I can't believe how nice MSD bodies have become since I was last "into" them. I took a long sabbatical from collecting and when I came back in 2017, I got into SDs as I have always loved more realistic mature dolls. I got into Iplehouse, and some Supia etc... And although I have several FIDs I never really looked at MSDs except for Fairyland. So I'm completely blindsided at so many wonderful bodies and that the FMDs can utilize them so nicely, just blew my mind, is blowing my mind!!! The real problem for the FMD body for me, has always been the overly large bust, I just can't do big boobs :( And the thinness, I like hips, so it's totally an aesthetic thing for me, not because they are bad looking bodies, but they're not my type. I'm pretty sure I'm getting Withdoll bodies, as I can't take my eyes off the pictures of them posing :drool:love:whee:

#69 IngieBee, Feb 17, 2021
    10. I love the FMD body because of the skinniness tbh. I've always wanted a doll that looks like a fashion model. I love my Chicline but her hips are just too wide for that..!

I found quite a few on Flickr when I started looking for specific sculpt names, like "dollmore sara" or "dollmore misia"... "Fmd" didn't give me anything!

11. Yes, that's why I wanted to clarify. It's not that the dollmore bodies are bad, it's just not the shape I personally like. I hate sounding negative, and in this case it's completely subjective. I love the kid look in the dollmore kid bodies, more now than when I was trying to get them to represent adults, LOL. Now that I can satisfy my love of adult realistic bjds because they're made in all sizes today, I'm developing a new love of the "child" dolls I already have :D

You could imagine how much I loved the dollmore dolls, as they were adult, but frankly, I was traumatized with big boobs in my life, so I actually can't stand to see them on my dolls. So that's probably the #1 reason I can't deal with the body, there are no choices for small ones, LOL. So it's me, not them, LOL

Anyways, I did want to make sure I don't sound like there is something wrong with their bodies or that anyone who likes their bodies has bad taste, it's literally me and my emotions :D I still got an F65 recently, and she has silly boobs too, but they don't quite look as painful (and I got clothes on her immediately to hide them, LOL

Oh, thank you @Evelien , I kept trying dollmore FMD! I'll try with names! Thank you :D :D

12. @IngieBee don't worry, I didn't think you sounded negative at all!!! That's what's so great about this hobby, there's something different for everyone and we all have our own personal taste!! About the boobies, I completely understand. I have bigger ones myself than I would like and prefer my dolls to have small to non-existent boobs haha! I didn't think the FMD body was that bad tbh, lots of BJDs have such unnaturally big boobs...

13. Ah good, I never know how I come across in print :D Thanks @Evelien

14. No worries!!!

Btw, I found Mozekyto's wig making tutorials on YouTube and now I want to try my hand at making doll wigs again. Just ordered 5 colours of acrylic yarn lol. Even though I bought Thelma with 3 wigs and will get a 4th for free. Woops. :lol::lol:

15. I have wig making plans myself, especially for some old tinies who need fresh wigs. But life is too busy, even in retirement! Yikes!

16. Awesome, can't wait to see what you'll be making!! I'm a fulltime primary school teacher, but I'm pregnant and expecting my first baby in August, so when my maternity leave starts in July (maybe sooner due to covid), I hope I'll still feel fit enough to play with my dolls!! Right now the evenings are still too dark to do face-ups but that should get better soon too!!

17. Oh, congratulations @Evelien don't be hard on yourself if you get a bit of scatterbrain or fatigue. Hopefully you will feel energetic, not everyone gets tired :D Oh what a wonderful journey you're embarking on! I have 3 and they are such joys even in adulthood. Spent 3 hours on the phone today with my eldest discussing all kinds of things! I love them all so much! Congratulations again :D

18. Thank you so much, after quite a few miscarriages we feel super blessed with this healthy pregnancy!!!! 16 weeks now and feeling amazing. First term is clearly over, I was sick and tired and dizzy but that's gone now!! Hope to feel this great for months to come haha!! Can't wait to hold my own bundle of joy in my arms this Summer, I may lose interest in my dolls because I'll have a real life one haha!

:love

I'm off to bed now, 1 am here, I fell asleep earlier this evening haha, so I didn't feel tired enough to go to bed... But now I do. Have a great evening!! So happy to see this topic so active!!

19. G'night :D

20. Oh that's so good to know you can order just the body! Awesome news, thanks for telling me that!!!

And yeah, there are a lot of nice MSD bodies out there now - I remember in the early days of the hobby, there were just no slim MSD boys so I ended up modding a MNF girl body into a boy for one doll! Lots more choice now! The problem with smaller heads like these though is the neck size - most doll bodies have a thicker neck, and then you need to mod it, which is a pain. I tried a Racoondoll head on a Souldoll boy body for example, but in the end the neck just looked too thick to me so I ended up selling it. Pic here though if you want to see, just scroll down a bit: 76 Doll reference ideas in 2021 | dolls, human feet, bjd shop Various other comparisons there you might find useful too!