1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Fashion Doll Discussion

Jul 28, 2015

1. Thank you so much for sharing that @Evelien ! It is as I suspected. The oval eyes are about 8mm wide and 6mm high and you get 3mm irises with them, essentially an 8mm eye with small iris. Anyways, I wanted to make sure that was the case in case I fall in love with some pair of 8mm round eyes, LOL

2. Oh, yes! The eyes I made for my girl are round 8mm with 4mm irises, for reference. They are not high dome in this pair, though. I plan on making more, but haven't had a chance to~ They fit super well, but don't have enough depth for what I'd like, so time to make more. I have round 6mm/3mm eyes, but you would definitely need oval shaped ones for these heads, so yes, the oval 8mm with 3mm irises would look really good. (My 8mm/3mm ovals came from my Dollmore Chris, fyi~) And I personally like the smaller ones, so the 6mm ovals should look even better!

3. Thank you @TasiaChiba :D Since I ordered blank, I am pretty sure I won't get any eyes, so I better buy some. I'll be bummed if I have no eyes when they arrive! I really should have done more shopping when I ordered the heads, as I need eyes, lashes, etc... and they have a great selection right there! LOL :doh I do plan on getting 2 boys next so I'll have to do lashes then.

4. Oh, you're welcome!

And the Dollmore oval glass eyes that came with my Chris are definitely oval. They don't come to sharp points, lol. They were just waaaay too dark and flat for my boy. I swear, his eye holes are smaller than the Thelma head! The dark eyes just couldn't catch any light. I put some smaller, reddish-purple 6mm's in with a higher dome that catch more light and they're already better! I still want some even lighter eyes, but it's a huge improvement over the dark grey he came with /o\

5. That is such a problem! I end up putting green eyes in my darker dolls, just because I want them to pop :D @TasiaChiba Which is sad because I really love brown eyes. My husband has the prettiest big brown eyes, but on a doll, they turn into black holes :( I'm sure I just have to learn how to get the lighting right, but I'm never patient enough when taking photos :(

6. @IngieBee : Ahhhh, the black holes of d00m! I have some darker purples in my Switch Haseo, and when the light catches them they're bright and pretty! But almost all the time, they look like dark, almost black holes in his head, haha! (Which might be why I'm looking to find new eyes, ho hum)

7. Speaking of which, do you have photos of your dollmore FMDs? This thread is so bereft of photos! And I'm dying for some photos! Maybe you have instagram or flickr??? PPPPPPllllleeeeaaaaassssseeee? @TasiaChiba or anyone :D :D :D :dance:cheer:cheer:abow::abow::abow::thumbup:thumbup:love:love:love:love:love:wiggle:wiggle:wiggle:wiggle ????:eusa_pray:eusa_pray

Wow, just going through your links (I keep forgetting they're at the bottom and really ought to put my own links there, LOL (I'm old!) You've done a LOT of your own dolls, that's amazing @TasiaChiba . I haven't found your dollmore fmd girl yet, but I'm having fun looking through your stuff :D

#107 IngieBee, Feb 25, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    8. @IngieBee : Haha! Yeah, I'm terrible about uploading photos! But I have thousands of them!! O_O I've actually been working on re-sizing and editing photos to upload to my website so they're available there and I'm almost done with my backlog. Honestly, I really should just go ahead and upload what I have, but I'm terrible. /o\ My flickr I use to mostly upload photos of comparisons and whatnots for people on the fly, so not a lot there beyond the massive Miro body swapz of insanity I did several years ago. (Which I'm considering moving completely to my website and leaving just a couple on flickr now... I keep finding them showing up on random doll searches, lordy. But it's a really good reference if someone needs it, so I've left it for now.)

Speaking of website, I also need to create profiles for my newest arrivals. So much to do, so little time!

I only have the two FMD, but I'll try to get some photos to share here in this thread, since it really is devoid of photo-love!!! ^__^

9. Oh, thank you so much! I would be very excited to see any pictures :D

10. Well, another update, I'm having doubts that my heads will fit on a Withdoll body. I found a picture of a Fairyland MNF A-line body next to a Withdoll (old style) body and thought both state that they are 7.0 and 7.1 cm in circumference, the minifee looks far smaller. I sized up an Eya head to the MNF neck then put it over the withdoll body, and it's kinda funny. So I might not get a good fit, but on the up side, I did purchase both withdoll bodies (because I'm totally in love with them, and I'll find a head for them that will work) and ResinSoul bodies which I'm sure will work. I also love this particular RS body, so either way, I'll be happy to complete them with heads whenever I find something I fall in love with or existing floating heads :)

I have no way to tell which mash-up I did is the closest, LOL

[​IMG]

11. I have a Withdoll body and a Chicline head I could take a picture of for reference, because the CL heads are pretty much the same size as Dollmore FMD heads... But you have Chiclines too right..? Not sure..? Anyway, if it doesn't fit you should indeed get different heads for the Withdoll bodies, they are beautiful!!

12. Thank you @Evelien , I have the chiclines but not the withdolls. Do you think the withdoll bodies are similar to the Iplehouse JID bodies? I should try that. In fact I plan on trying the dollmore heads on all my minis LOL

13. I don't have a JID body but I think they have broader shoulders, the Withdoll body is pretty slim and petite..? Not sure..!

14. I started laughing so hard, this was hilarious!

[​IMG]

I'm not worried though, because what I bought I really love, and I'll find another head for the body. I have the ResinSoul Shi bodies on order, and @TasiaChiba showed RS works, they're my backup. And if that's not good, I can always go back to Dollmore and get their bodies :)

15. I mean, it could be that the Chicline head is actually a bit smaller, and the JID body / neck is 2mm larger, which can also be inaccurate if it's measured in a different spot. So you never know, I still got a chance :P

I'll probably put my MNF Marcia heads on the Withdoll bodies if they don't work out :) I've already got it covered :D

Ugh, I'm going to give up now and just see what happens, LOL. Apparently, the doll I made a splicing of is an Aquarius doll! I'm just too excited and spinning my wheels. What will happen will happen, LOL

#116 IngieBee, Feb 26, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    16. Oh goodness, those mashups are great! I can't wait to see your hybrid attempts. I'm also really interested in the Shi body. I wanted the double-jointed RS bodies at some point, but for now, wanted one I knew was going to work, so went with this single-joint. If the RS doubles work, I might be sunk good for some new dolls! ^_~

I am still really interested over that old Withdoll body. The comparison pic Evelien shared puts the size between MNF and the Raccoondoll body, so it's really super possible it will work!

17. I hope so! Chicline necks are 6cm, dollmore are 6.5 and Withdoll is 7.1, but measured from where? If the measurement was for clothing, it should be at the base of the neck, for heads, at the top. There is just no way to know. Wig size can also be a red herring. Some heads are bulbous in the top and back and others are smaller. Anyways, I think I must wait now, LOL. When the heads come in, I'll start trying them with all the MSDs I have here at home and post them :D

18. So I'm constantly looking at the FMD heads, thinking of my next purchase because I'm a glutton. And I'm wondering if anyone has Erico? I found a few pictures on flickr and wow, she is just gorgeous. I'm afraid these dolls are going to be like potatoe chips or pokemons! Oh dear! I think I want Jaden and Essex and possibly Erico in the next round, but I might stick with the dollmore bodies, depending on how hybridizing works out :)

I want Erico to be an elf ;P

#119 IngieBee, Mar 3, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    19. So did you ever check out that combo @Evelien?