1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Glamor Model Doll Nayuta Kenzo

Sep 23, 2008

1. Soom Mecha Angels are like that, all legs. Some of my 70cm boys sit taller than my Sabik (or Nayuta Kenzo, which I also have). Dollmore's shorter Model boy is also all leg. However, my Nayuta Kenzo never looks short standing up. He's taller than my 70cm boys and stands at least as tall as my 72.5cm Dream Realm boy. I usually have him sitting because he's such a sexy lounging guy, but I found one standing photo -- and even in this group arrangement (I pose my dolls at home in groups) I have him hitching over, as if to talk to the dolls on the bench, just because he can do that pose:
      [​IMG]
      Seated, left to right: Glorydoll Lucy (58cm), Dream Realm SuiTian (72cm), Soom Aphan (43cm), Soom Nephelin (68cm), Soom Teschen (girl body, 43cm). Standing, left to right: Soom Spinel on an SSDF body, 70cm; Dollmore Model Ipsae Moynihan (68cm); Dollmore Glamor Model Nayuta Kenzo (75cm), Soom Mecha elf Sabik (80cm), Dollmore Model Bella Auden (68cm, but has platform heels). The heights are all according to the manufacturer and not heights I've measured. None of the boys are wearing platform shoes. Spinel is the only one whose height is enhanced by a stand platform. He's not really that tall.

2. AnitaS
      did you recently buy your Nayuta Kenzo? or maybe he is an original mold cast?
      could you please measure your Nayuta Kenzo... his total stand height... to see if yours is really 75cm... or if he is closer or the same as mine 71cm? and measure his chest pieces? neck to diaphragm? and his abs stomach piece to his crotch?
      Id really appreciate knowing your dolls actual measures

I do agree Nayuta Kenzo slouches very well... he is a sexy sculpt... and I do love him... I just want to know if somehow I got an extremely short one for some reason... as 71cm is 4cm short of 75cm... and to me that is too big of a size difference to just be a margin of error

3. Im still hopeful that Jee will resolved this issue satisfactorily

whether this is the doll just becoming shorter and shorter as new molds are created or if my doll's chest pieces are abnormally shorter.... or just company misrepresentation of the actual size of this doll

and this has been alot of bilingual emails back and forth across the world

what I want to know is if my doll is shorter than other owners dolls... and let perspective buyers know what they are buying into

I still think this is a beautiful doll... but Im upset he isnt 75cm as I advertized

4. OK, I took his shoes and wig off and measured him standing straight (I think) with face forward and he came to 72cm. He was made in 2009. He has a sweater on and I'm not going to undress him for a while so it'll just be that one measurement, sorry. The short torsos on the Dollmore guys (and the Soom mechas) are well-known so I was prepared for that.

5. *sigh* thx u for measuring your doll standing AnitaS...
      I suppose I just have a smaller doll... mine is 71cm standing...
      its disappointing that he isnt 75cm... as I really wanted him to be tall!!!

BTW the group photo of your dolls is very lovely! you have a beautiful crew!

if anyone else will measure the chest pieces of their doll I will still appriciate it!

6. Did you use a flat piece of something on top of the head to get the height? (Like you do with kids.) That's always tricky but really the only way to do it.

If you want tall, get thee a Mecha Angel, ha!

Seriously, I think of the tall guys as one of three types: 1) The really skinny guys -- Resinsoul Long is in that group, as are Dollshes, the original 70cm Dollzones, the old Ringdolls, the 70cm Dollmore Model, etc., guys whose chests run around 25-26cm; 2) the medium hulks, with chests in the 29-32cm range, including Luts SSDF, Soom mechas, Dream Realm, Dollmore Glamor Model, Loongsoul, Spiritdoll (pushing the envelope there); and the hulks, the big guys with big chests and big thighs, Iplehouse, Soom Megagem (short) and Idealian, the new hulk bodies from Spiritdoll, etc.

I group them that way because those groups tend to wear similarly-sized clothes and they tend to look good with each other or with shorter dolls. My Long is with a specific group of elves and looks VERY good with the Impldoll girls, which are long and thin in the torso. I want a Dollshe Saint and he ultimately would work well with a Dollmore Model doll (Lawrence Owen is on my list) but probably not very well with any of my other guys.

That's just the way I approach it. It definitely gets easier as you acquire more dolls and that's been my solution. More dolls, more dolls!

7. I would say that i'm truely surpriced to read that Glamor Model isn't taller 75cm,though i'm happy to discover that i would get a sensibile shorter doll ( cause i do own all 72cm dolls) i can undestand your frustration hawthorne~cat.
      I was lusting after Glamor model since i joined the hobby,but never had the chance to get one :( maybe could be a different measuraments due to different tape?Maybe DollMore simply used a tape in inches and then converted the in centimeters and they simply converted wrongly the real size..could be?
      I agree also with what been said by AnitaS.

8. I used a hard ruler to measure in inches, then converted to cm. Standing, not horizontal. And it was really 71.75cm. So basically, hawthorne-cat and I come up with the same measurement, really not enough to quibble about. Definitely shorter than 75cm. With really really big feet. I do like the body and wish I liked more of the Dollmore Glamour Model head sculpts, but I don't. I very much like Lawrence Owen and Kyle Reese on the smaller bodies and am pretty sure they will not work on the bigger body, which has a considerably larger neck.

9. AnitaS Ive been driving myself and my hubbear crazy this last week will all the ways Ive been measuring my dolls... I always measure in cms... Ive used hard straight rulers and metal measure tape and dress maker tape... I measure them flat on a hard surface/table... laying sitting standing

Im a Illustrator and artist... college grad with 2 decades of work experience... Im use to measuring and Im quite satisfied that Im doing it correctly

I looked at the MechAngel I didnt like the body sculpt as much as the Dollmore... and you say he has a short torus aswell.. *sigh*

yup his hands and feet are very large!!! I thought I had two pair of boots that would fit him... but saddly they dont!

on the other hand Long's hands and feet are very small and he fits MSD jointed hands and boots...

10. I agree again with you,the height is definitely different..to me almost 71cm aren't for sure 75cm..it's a different size,again no need to quibble about.
      I'm sincerely sorry for hawthorne~cat it's sad to love a doll sculpt but find a different measuraments than the company ones..:(
      Regarding the heads swap..uhm..the neck size is that different from glamor model to model male from dollmore?Maybe these two sculpts could work onto a body from a different company... :sweat

11. Sorry to bother but exactly what replied DollMore customer sevice?would be interesting to know..they should post the correct measuraments at very least!

12. $abbatha Jee from Dollmore and I have had a long email conversation both on the dollmore forum Q&A which are locked... and in emails to my home email address...

basically ive been told im measuring him incorrectly
      and that he is 75cm if you measure his foot stretch out!
      he has a 10cm long foot... but unless he is designed to be a ballerina and stand on his tiptoes measuring his feet as part of his height isnt a realistic expectation!

13. if you got a different head and wanted it on the larger neck of the Dollmore Glamor Model neck .. you could easily modd the neck smaller... by sanding... making resin smaller is easier than making whole pieces larger!

14. OH!Thanks for sharing hawthorne~cat..this is just surreal...Glamor Model hasn't the heeled feet so why told that measuraments are correct in this way? Clearly measuraments are not correct at all..

15. $abbatha... and therefore my frustration and disappointment... b/c I unboxed him and was sooo excited over his sculpt... he really does have a lovely muscular... but when I sat him beside my Long (70cm) his head was lower... his collar bone is lower... his chest is shorter... hubbear noticed it straight off and he just a normal dude not at all interested in dolls...

and than started the week of measuring! Im very exhausted with it all!
      I somehow just wish he would magically become 75cm so I can get over this and get back to loving him!!! anyone have any of Alice's 'Drink me' potions that work on resin? or a mushroom? maybe a cake? something!??!

16. hawthorne~cat an Alice poison would be awesome!!!but sadly i guess that won't have effect onto resin..:sweat
      I'm very sad for you..i know how it feels to discover that long awaited dollie isn't what you thought should be :(

17. maybe I need to go to the star trek universe instead of fantasy... Im sure a *on purpose* transporter *malfunction* could make him 75cm! .... or a pile of goooo (hubbear added)

18. I still hoping Jee at Dollmore will do something to resolve this... maybe he wont be able to make the doll suddenly 75cm... but he could admit he isnt a 75cm doll and give me some form of compensation for the company's false advertizing and leading me to believe I was buying a 75cm tall doll!

19. When measuring you Kenzo, did you take into account the curve of his spine? Both Model dolls and Glamor Model dolls have this epic slouch thing happening - even when laying flat.

As an example, I measured my Model boy (who is listed on their site as being 71cm) as being about 69cm. That was both standing straight and laying flat. When I used a tape measure to follow his curved spine and neck, however, he suddenly became 71cm. It's kind of like a teenager who refuses to stand straight. :sweat

It may be that Dollmore are measuring in this manner, or that they measure each piece individually - which would likely yield the same result.

20. Sincerely i thinked for all this time ( since i join the hobby in 2008 ) that Glamor Model was 75cm tall..was one of the reasons that made me change idea about buying him..i agree with hawthorne~cat DollMore needs to state the correct measuraments of their dolls..