1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Glamor Model Doll Nayuta Kenzo

Sep 23, 2008

1. kirika imagine you are measuring a person... you stand on flat feet straight up against a wall and measure to the top of your head with a flat straight surface to make sure you have a 90 degree at your head top... you dont follow the curve of your spine... you dont stand on tip toe...

now imagine you are measuring anything thing else... any other 3D object... its the maximum dimension height width and depth... you dont follow the surface

and I did measure him with a straight rule a metal tape measure and with a dressmakers tape... and the max measurement stretching him to the very most he will stretch straight he is 72cm... but standing straight not slouched he measures 71cm

Ive only been in the hobby since 2010... thats when I got my first BJD... ofcourse I was interested in them for several years before...

2. basically its very misleading... unrealistic and I suspect made up after I call them out on him not being 75cm tall and only 71cm.... so they invented a way to say he is 75cm

3. just to prove I dont hate him ... yeah that even tho im disapoointed and feel mislead about his height I still love this doll and think he is a sexy scultp... Im sharing my photoart I took of him right after unboxing him

[​IMG]
      if you like to view his box opening... see http://hawthorne-cat.deviantart.com/art/Ullr-Box-Openin-291293609

4. I understand that ^.^ I was just pointing out how they obviously arrived at 71cm for the Model Doll version, and how they may have come to 75cm for the Glamor Model.

And damn, your boy is lookin' good in that picture! Will you be giving him a face-up yourself?

5. what Jee said in his last email was:

:quote:
      Did you do to lay him on the ground and to the end of foot stretched??
      then it's 74~75cm.
      :end quote:

but stretching out his feet to measure his height is an incorrect method of measuring height and an unrealistic expectation

but it is also incorrect that he is 75cm with his feet stretched out...
      he is 71cm laying down straight... his feet are 10cm in length... stretch them out makes him 78cm... not 75cm...

if this is the method Dollmore using to measure their dolls he'd be a 78cm doll... they'd also be suspected to be on crack!

thx u... I admit he is very good looking! thats why I chose him
      it was my intention to give him a face up myself (he also needs his seems sanded)
      Ive delayed working on him since I am still awaiting a reply to my last correspondence with Jee

but likely yes... b/c I get the feeling that even tho they are in the wrong about his correct height that thats just how he is

I would appreciate acknowledgement and Dollmore to admit that they misled me and be given some compensation for being deceived

6. In your last pic he looks awesome :drool
      I support you ,to me it's unbelievable how DollMore posted wrong infos regaridng the glamor model height..and i never heard that is correct to take measuraments withe the feet stretched..:huh?:
      I did remeber that i've done the same with my notdoll lab lady,argeia sculpt, finding her to be too short for my expectetions..i was expecting she was at least 60cm taller while she is 57cm taller..but i've placed on her some heeled feet and now she is at least 58,50cm tall.

7. thx u $abbatha thx u for the support...

hopefully Dollmore will see they are being unreasonable
      and will change their website to reflect his true measurements
      any doll company that misrepresents their dolls... or in fact any company any product
      should be held accountable
      it is when customers do not confront them with their errors that they get away with them

Im just waiting for Jee's response...

8. Sincerely DollMore was just wrong to post a misleading infos regarding Glamor model height. In my case this was just a loss for the company,cause i do not like the supposed Glamor Model height, so i never considered to get one..but at this point who assure us that all the measuraments posted onto DollMore web site are correct,regarding dolls expecially? :huh?:

9. and the drama continues... yes I got a email back from Jee... and still he claims it is I who am measuring the doll incorrectly... and want to email in the future will a photo to show me their way of measuring! b/c it is sooooo obviously different than the rest of the world's!!!

Jee

I will wait for your photo from your staff... I see how how much farther you want to go to make excuses to support your company’s false adverting and misleading measurements! I have been posting on the BJD community and other owners of this doll have supported me is saying that their doll is only 71/72 cms tall. There is ONLY ONE CORRECT way to measure his height... to say how tall he is! Dollmore states he is 75cm tall! and he is not! continue to make false claims... b/c Im posting them on the doll community... you are only hurting your company’s reputation and creditable more and more.

It would be in your interest to try to make amends with me and repair the damage your failure to deliver on your claims... than to continue to try to convince me that Nayuta Kenzo and all your Dollmore Glamor Model dolls are somehow a 75cm if measure your way!

and remember I spent almost $900 on my first order with your company! can you really risk losing me as a continued customer?

your dissatisfied customer! hawthorne

10. Ok..this simply makes no sens at all..:huh?:
      Dollmore would really pretends to us to believe that OUR tape is just wrong and maybe they do own a magical tape?:?
      If you will look at these piccies
      http://www.dollmore.com/shopimages/dollmore/0820440001052.jpg
      http://www.dollmore.com/shopimages/dollmore/082044000106.jpg
      you will notice that the female model dollmore,supposed to be 68cm taller,is just slightly shorter in comparison to Glamor Model..so the piccies itself proves that DM is simply insiting on mist..
      Now by my side it's indeed a good thing to know, cause i do not love the claimed Glamor Model size, i'm quite happy to discover that GM is only 71,50cm taller..but due to untrue claims from the DM company i never thinked seriously to buy a Glamor Model just because i was not keen with their size...so they are already losing customers..:|
      I see in any case your point!

11. *sarcasm*
      ooooh yeah!!! we are all wrong! only Dollmore is correct!
      only they know how to correctly measure Height!!!

update from Dollmore
      *sarcasm*
      they emailed me a photo reply 'how to correctly measure a 71cm as 75cm'
      this is informative - the world has be measuring incorrectly for all recorded time!

http://hawthorne-cat.deviantart.com/...hort-292620563

12. :huh?: are they kidding?
      I mean look also how they located the tape above the head also please notice how even in this way the doll is at least 74cm tall ( look at the small toe finger ) not 75cm at all..to not mention that the doll could't stay with the feet positioned in that way :|

13. instead of admitting their error and atoning for the lie
      this continual argument that the doll is somehow 75cm is an insult to us all!!!
      these lies in measuring call us idiots by asking us to believe them

14. I agree..i see also your point.You got a doll that is advertised as 75cm taller while in real is much shorter (71cm taller)..at this point it's a matter to just be coerent and admit their own mistake,insisting from them is also childish..

15. Wow... I'm kind of surprised by Dollmore's measuring pictures. I have two dolls from them and have no complaints myself (in fact, I remain pretty sentimental about DM because they gave me my first bjd), but that shot of the doll with the tape measure that they sent you really does not make the doll look 75cm.

I suppose many people would maybe not mind so much about the height, or would not even notice if they didn't have any other tall dolls to compare their glamor model boy with-- but still, I think it's really strange that nobody seems to have brought up the height issue before. That said, I guess when you look at Dollmore's rather spiffy size comparison chart, you can see that a model doll girl in heels is quite close to the same size (and with heel-feet, the girls are 70cm).

Anyway, I'm kind of rambling now. Very interesting posts, hawthorne~cat.

16. if I didnt have a 70cm that IS 70cm
      if it hadnt been the reason I choose Dollmore and the Glamor model doll to have a 75cm doll
      if it hadnt been important to me
      than it would still be incorrect...

it is time for Dollmore to correct either their wesite measurement
      OR remold their doll bodys to be the correct height!

Resinsoul sells a $200 70cm doll which IS 70cm
      Dollmore sells a $591 75cm doll which is 71cm!

what about future customers who want to buy a 75cm doll?
      they have a right to know the Dollmore is NOT selling 75cm dolls.

the doll community is a world wide community!
      we have the power to hold companies responsible to their customer base!

17. While I understand that you are upset that he isn't as tall as you wanted, even if he was it might not be as much in the torso as you want. Not everyone sculpts with the same proportions (just like not all people have the same proportions) so sometimes legs or a torso will be longer or shorter depending on the doll. I have two dolls that are the same height standing up, but when seated next to each other one is significantly taller than the other.

18. if this doll was the 3cm taller is is suppose to be than it would sit taller b/c its leg measurement s are the same is the web site says the dolls measurement are! so the missing 3cm are in the tous!

and I did ask Jee to measure the doll tous height... but he didnt... so I can only go with the different between my doll I got and the measurement I can make compared to the advertised measures on the site the ones that I read when I made my choice to buy this doll for his height!

19. I have 60cm dolls who are the same height as 70cm ones when seated. Being taller overall doesn't mean you won't be the same height sitting down. For a real life example, I'm 5'6" and my brother is 6'4". Sitting down, we're both the same height.

The extra 3cm Dollmore is counting come from his feet being at an angle. There's no guarantee that if they decided to actually make him 75cm tall that they wouldn't just add it onto his ankles or something. Dolls tend to have disproportionately long legs a lot of the time. It's just a style thing.

20. I rarely take exact height listings for dolls into account because while they are sometimes accurate, they are also sometimes not. It's always best to look for comparison photos, especially if you have a preference for how much taller or shorter you want someone to be.

I had my room mate measure the few dolls in our house that are on their original bodies (he's got more dolls than me, and almost all of his are hybrids.) My AoD Chen was properly advertised, but Souldoll lists Kagel as being 69 cms and after measuring him, he's only 68. We also measured Luts' Abadon, who's listed as being 62.5 cms and is oddly only 62 cms (funny, considering they went to the effort of adding that .5 on there). It never surprises me to find out that there's some kind of discrepancy in the listed measurements and my own because it just seems like something that happens a lot in this hobby. Don't trust anything but your own measurements or your own extensive research.

On that note, I thought it was already somewhat established that Dollmore's measurements were off with other sculpts besides just the one we're discussing now. Stuff like this has been documented since 2005. I know I'd heard of it before your post, but decided to go back and double check to make sure.

This post is from 2008 and mentions a height issue with Kara Klum. And here, another thread discussing other height issues. It isn't even something with just their own dolls. Dollmore used to sell something called Dollkot back in the day... and this post references that they put up mistaken measurements for them as well.

To touch on what Andarton said as well (and because you seemed so upset about your boys' height difference when they were sitting), height for dolls varies dramatically when sitting down because proportions are often different in different sculpts. This has been addressed for glamor dolls specifically at least twice that I could find. This person mentions that her glamor doll is the tallest standing up... but the shortest sitting down! This post also mentions that Dollmore's glamor doll height is entirely in their legs.

Now I'm not saying this is your fault. In a perfect world, it'd be great if every company put up exact measurements so that no one was ever confused about anything, but that's wishful thinking. There are language barriers and cultural differences and things just don't work the same. I hope that Dollmore (and other companies that don't post exact measurements) one day fix these issues. But if I needed some information on a doll that was going to be the deciding factor for my purchase, I would definitely do outside research as well. All those links I posted might seem like they took some effort to find, but in reality they were all found in the span of about fifteen minutes. It's always good to research expensive purchases! When it was time for me to buy a TV, I looked at the specs of TVs I was considering, and then I went home and looked into user reviews before deciding what I wanted to buy. At $400, I wanted to make sure I was making the right choice. Considering some dolls blow TVs out of the water for price, it's always good to make sure you know exactly what you're getting into. And in my opinion, the opinions of a consumer are far more valuable than the specs listing from the company. :( A sad, but true fact, and one that even casual dabbling in the hobby has taught me to utilize.