1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Glamor Model Doll Nayuta Kenzo

Sep 23, 2008

1. nice! I like the goatee x3

2. Here's an old pic of my Snake Kiss Nayuta. I got him second-hand, also. The previous owner added some black to his faceup which I tried to remove (semi-successfully). He was also a bit faded in parts. But he came with the full outfit.

[​IMG]12-03-London2-3033 by aprilllee, on Flickr

3. They look wonderful.

4. @april Yea mine has this weird fading on the hands, only at the tips o-o probably due to age but the rest if him is fine. Theres a small bit missing from his left eyebrow, but I think it just got so faded you can't see it. Yea my guy came with most of the fullset, sadly he was missing the outer coat and boots ;-; Yours looks lovely! I love the chain bit on the front ^^

5. @RoxiaRose -- Oh, yours had some fading, too? The one I got had faded on his chest and hands... I think the previous owner had him wearing clothes that covered the other areas. I was a little annoyed that they didn't specify any uneven yellowing--but this was on Ebay--so people aren't so good about disclosing all the details there. I was just amazed I found one for sale. I really don't see many of these guys on DoA...!

But now I'm wondering if the uneven yellowing is partially just that batch of resin, since yours yellowed a bit, too?

I think mine still looks good. I pinked up the more faded parts with some pastel blushing, so it's not really noticeable... plus, he's mostly clothed!

Here's an old photo (from around 2012) when I first got him home, not wearing the jacket.
      [​IMG]12-03-London2-3218a by aprilllee, on Flickr

#147 april, Nov 30, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    6. @april Yea! Its almost like a creamy white now from where his fingers start, down to the tips, I'll see if I can get an image of it compared to his leg or face (both of which don't have the fading, its just in his hands o-o) I also got my boy from eBay and they didn't mention the fading (or the fact one of his fingers had been broken at one point and glued ;w; ) but I'm not mad about it at all. Honestly it might of happened before they got him and not noticed it, it was glued so well. I only noticed when I was trying to get something off his hand (was some of the glue, thank god I didn't rub harder xD). It's weird too, because I just saw another snake kiss sell on there like a week ago, an older doll exactly like ours and that one was from Canada o-o. I just noticed, my guy didn't come with those unattached sleeves either, but the sleeveless hoodie/ruffled shirt, and the skirt thing and leggings. o.o

I don't know how visible in pictures it is, but irl its more pronounced, but here's an image of his arm, see how at the finger tips it fades into a bright cream color? Weird isn't it? (sorry for bad picture quality, lighting is aweful this time of year + nighttime xD)[​IMG]
      I guess I could use pastels on his hands to remove that, just worried it would make the finger break look more prominent D: I guess all in all it kinda looks cool if the pastels don't work ^^

#148 RoxiaRose, Nov 30, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017
    7. Oh, wow, you saw another one? How did it look? In good shape with the fullset? Interesting!

I haven't been looking much on Ebay at all because I hate seeing all the countfeit dolls popping up when I search there... So I was super-lucky to notice the one I got! And I was lucky that he had all the outfit.

But he was badly faded--
      Here's a pic... The pale headcap was how faded he was in parts (his entire head--I think the first owner had him bald)... The arms were still pink. I blushed the face and his chest a LOT to get him more even in tone... I had to blush his hands, too!

[​IMG]12-03-London_3150 by aprilllee, on Flickr

---I can see the paleness of the fingers in your photo. That's similar to the fading on mine... fade to white and certain protected areas a pale pink. (if you check the inside of your headcap, for instance--that should be the original color... or closer to it, anyway). My guy's arms and legs were still pink.

My pastels don't quite match that pink, but close enough!

#149 april, Nov 30, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    8. @april Oh wow! o-o yeah I can see it, I bet they did have him bald, I'm lucky its only in the hands. Which makes me think for awhile he was wearing the boots. When I do get curious to see whats on eBay, i filter to "pre-owned" and sometimes "America only" to try to narrow down to removing the majority of the counterfeits in the search. The Canadian one didn't look too yellowed, but was missing some of the outfit pieces as well, like the boots and coat. Even without the boots though, at least my guy came with these Dollmore black loafer like shoes that go well with the rest of his outfit, and the cute little glasses! They're extremely hard to keep on his face though xD so I always prop them in the hair lol. Doesn't help that hes so floppy, curious actually, is your guy pretty solid? I'm pretty sure its just because he probably hasn't been restrung in ages, hell he still has the default fleshy/pinkish string.You did insanely well on blushing the face back to NS though, I wouldn't of even known it was blushed :o

9. @april curious, what brand and color of pastels did you use to blush his sun paled areas back to a matching color? I'm afraid I honestly found more wrong with my guy then just part of his fullset missing and hands a little pale. That seller on eBay also forgot to mention a giant chip missing out of his calf right under his leg joint, on the other side there's a crack in the same spot x-x (their sales desc. actually said 'no chips or cracks' but that's another story >.>') I'm going to use apoxie to try to resculpt and reinforce that area, but I was curious what color pastel you used to color match? Since it looks like now I'm going to have to do the same to my boy :c

10. I was using various pastels-- I have a set of Rembrandts, but also have a few other brands (well-stocked art stores will sell individual colors)... But the colors I was getting weren't that great a match for the actual skin tone. I just mixed a bunch of pinks in order to try and get close...! I can't quite remember what I used, but I have: caput mortuum red, Perm. red light, Burnt sienna, Perm. red deep... but I'm not sure which I used, or if I used some other colors... but things need to be pretty pale and on the pink-ish side...

Sorry you have to do some fixing of chips, @RoxiaRose . Yeah... that's the bad part about eBay... they don't always disclose all the flaws. :eek:

11. @april thank you so much! ^-^ I'll keep in mind to look for pale pinks and such, test it on a piece of dried apoxie and hold it next to him to see how close I can get it. Yea I was pretty bummed when I found them, especially the chip because its huge o-o I had thought their description had been a little fishy to say "no chips or cracks" and then right after say "sold as is". But oh well, gonna look at it as positively as I can, it'll give me experience in apoxie as well as color matching ^^ and it gives me a project to return this guy to his former glory c:

12. You'll need to mix colors-- try a light coat of the pink you think will work best--It will be even lighter because you're putting on a thin coat. You might need some light colors that will shift it towards yellow or blue or green, etc., in order to try and get the color close to what you want. But pale colors are mixed with white pastel, so that can make things start look a bit chalky if you put too much in. It's a tricky thing to do--but you can't really go wrong if you add light layers, spray if you want to keep, or blow the dust off--or gently wipe (can take under layers off doing that, which will make things uneven)... Just take your time and add careful layers and you can't go that wrong... (Or just wipe everything down, if it does go wrong! And start again.) It's kind of cool to try and color match.

For the apoxie-- do some people try adding some color with acrylics? I haven't used apoxie, so I don't know... But you can also try and paint it later, using acrylics. It might be easier than pastels, which are better for larger areas of soft color (vs. solid colors in small, precise areas for acrylics). Acrylics can also be cleaned entirely off if you get it wrong. and it also can be added in thin layers. Plus--if the area you are fixing is at a joint and can get some rubbing, acrylic paint is stronger and more likely to stand up to some of that, rather than pastels and fixing-spray, which is much more delicate.

-----

I have a feeling these guys, being older dolls, have some natural wear... and might also have some resin-fading/chipping problems just in their particular batch, since both our guys have some issues. My seller didn't say "as is" in the sale, but when I brought up the uneven fading/yellowing she just said--"that's why his price was lower"--which pretty much means she's selling as-is... but totally after the fact! grrr. I could have made a fuss... but I didn't think it would get me anywhere. And i really did want my guy... Ah, well! :sigh (I am still glad I have him, even with his issues!) :3nodding:

#154 april, Jan 11, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    13. I started adding color to my Blue Epoch Nayuta and I love him more.
      [​IMG]

14. Just spamming Azure
      [​IMG]