1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore - Illua Doll Discussion Thread - Part 1

Jul 23, 2016

1. Me too!! I love this size, and I was just being overly weepy about moving on my full-size Lusion. And then the very same day? This announcement. Best of all worlds.

Here's hoping they release another basic set, as I'll be waiting a good while before I can purchase.

2. Aw I'm sorry you no longer have your Lusion! But yes, the Illua is definitely a great girl to have in a Lusion's place!
      Unfortunately Dollmore told me the next Illua release will be much more expensive because they're planning an elaborate limited.
      But I think there will still be Illuas left by the time you want one, there are still 62 left of the original 80! (I figured this out by that adding-to-the-cart trick)

3. I put in my order for the Illua Chocolat Blanc and paid my first layaway payment last night! I asked for 4 months but hopefully will pay her off sooner than that :D

4. @ker246 Congrats! I can't wait to see your pictures.

5. Ahhh mini Dahlia! I fell in love with Dahlia when she was first released because she reminded me of Yumiko Kawahara's Plants doll, but was hesitant to purchase due to her size and price. This size is perfect and I love how her sculpt/body is an exact mini Dahlia. I'm definitely keeping my eyes on future Illua doll releases to find my ideal Dahlia!

6. I just googled Kawahara's plant dolls and that sounds like such an interesting series! I'll have to find copies somewhere. Thank you for bringing them up! :D

7. @ker246 I absolutely recommend the series to all doll owners! It's part of the main reason why I fell for this hobby.

I just realized that I can ask for custom makeup for these Illua girls. ...which means I don't have to wait for Dollmore to release my ideal Dahlia...decisions!

8. @hanaful *whispers* This is your conscious. Do it, order her. >_> xD

9. Yes! Dollmore has the custom makeup option for most of their dolls :) You can basically ask them to do anything (except replicate the faceup of one of their limited releases, of course) by sending them picture reference or by referring to the default faceup of one of their other dolls.
      I really love the natural tones of the Chocolate Blanc default so I ordered that, but I also really love Kid Heizle's default makeup and was wavering for a while. Dear Doll Rainy's boy makeup is also one of my favorites.

10. Here's a first picture of my Chocolat blanc! She is adorable! She is a wonderful size to play with. She is definitely bigger than MSD's!
      [​IMG]

#30 nancy_schroeder_ca, Aug 15, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    11. Congrats! She arrived so quickly!
      Is that her default makeup? I love her eyeshadow and the eyes you have for her. She's beautiful!

12. She does have the default Chocolat Blanc faceup!

She's about 19 inches and wears a 8-9 wig. I think she will work well with SD size dolls. Like a shorter friend! I will try to get a picture tomorrow, but these are the first pictures I have gotten in several months!

13. Thanks for the info! Can't wait to see more photos of your girl soon!

14. That's so exciting! I can't wait to see more pictures!

15. Thanks for the info nancy!

16. SD panties are too small but Zaoll panties and Hot Pants fit just fine!
      [​IMG]

#37 nancy_schroeder_ca, Aug 16, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    17. She is too cute!!

18. I love her legs! I wonder if a SD size head would look good on that body... The Illua body's thicker limbs are so wonderfully sculpted!

19. I think some SD heads would work on this body.

Tags: