1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore - Illua Doll Discussion Thread - Part 1

Jul 23, 2016

1. Hi again. Just to let people know who are interested in comparison photos, I also have a Luts Baby Delf and a 1/4 baby-sized Chica Bonita. Once my Illua arrives, I can take a photo of all three together.

2. Thats a. beautiful sculpt o.o the body is amazing! i just stumbled on this thread randomly xD and im so happy i did ^^

3. I just received an email notification that my Illua shipped! That was pretty quick I think, since I finished my layaway on November 1st.

I chose registered airmail as the shipping option though, so she probably won't be here for another few weeks unfortunately!

4. Congratulations! I thought Illua was too heavy for registered airmail!

5. That's great! I just finished paying my lay away yesterday, so maybe she'll ship in the second half of January, if I'm lucky.

6. Thanks! And I thought she would be too heavy too! Every website I've looked at (Japanese, Chinese, Korean) says registered airmail's weight limit is 2kg, and I have a hard time imaging a box with a doll that size actually able to be under 4.5lbs, but I guess somehow it worked!

Congrats on finishing your layaway! I cannot wait to see pictures of your girl. I think Renoir's Blue Coat is one of the prettiest fullsets I've ever seen.

7. For all of those who have Illua in hand, are you satisfied with her? I am thinking about getting her for myself and want to know the pro's and con's.

8. I love my Illua! I have the Chocolat Blanc version. She is a wonderful size! Don't beleive some of Dollmore's claims of what will fit. She can wear Zaoll panties and hot pants. The top she is wearing was made for a SD doll. Shoes are an issue. She has large feet!
      [​IMG]

#68 nancy_schroeder_ca, Jan 1, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    9. There is "sold" under your picture, so did you sell her?

10. No, That's just my signature line. I put things I have for sale there. Maybe I should change my "place holder" comment!

11. I just ordered mine. It will be a long time before getting her as I did the layaway. LOL

12. Congratulations! Which one did you order?

13. Hi everyone! My Chocolat Blanc Illua arrived on Dec 20 but I was out of town and didn't have a chance to open her until recently!
      Since Dollmore allows requests for different eyes/wig, I asked for the brown Princess Mohair Wig (pictured) and brown eyes, but they actually also included her default blue eyes and blonde wig from the stock pictures! That was so nice of them! :D
      I will be changing her eyes and wig to brown soon, but decided to take a picture of her with the blue eyes before those go to another doll.

[​IMG]

I adore her hands (I ordered hands/feet blushing) and the wonderful default faceup! It's so detailed and I love the brown/apricot tones. I also absolutely love this sculpt and actually might prefer the slight differences on Petit Dahlia more than Lusion Dahlia! Petit Dahlia's face seems better proportioned in my opinion - Lusion Dahlia's nose seems proportionally much smaller. I'll have to take some comparison photos side-by-side later. I am so happy Dollmore released this sculpt. I cannot wait to style her! The default clothing set for the Chocolate Blanc is beautiful quality and I really think the set is a great price :D

My only notes for potential Illua buyers are her seam lines and her weight. She has very highly-raised seam lines, but it was my decision not to order the $60 sanding service since I figured I should be able to easily sand them myself. However, fixing the seam lines might take some of the blushing off her feet so I'll have to be very careful. For this reason, I would advise anyone who orders body blushing to also order Dollmore's seam sanding service. The seams on her torso and feet are really raised, but the legs, arms, and hands seams are pretty standard lines that are about on par with the ones on Volks bodies :)
      About her weight: She's obviously much lighter than my 2 SD dolls since she is about 10cm shorter, but she is literally lighter than my 37cm AiL MSD :? I stretched her joints to look inside her limbs, and her resin thickness seems just fine, and she can stand on her own very easily (which I love!) but it was unexpected how lightweight she is. My only other Dollmore doll is my Lusion Dahlia, who is huge and very sturdy, so I do trust Dollmore quality. But I was not expecting the Illua doll to be so lightweight. I don't see this as being bad, just different. Her light weight makes her super easy to pose and move, so some people may even prefer this aspect. But I thought I should mention it anyway.

Sorry for the long post, but that's my review/summary of the new Illua Petit Dahlia! I really do love this doll - she is the first doll whose sculpt and body I like so much that I've 100% decided to order another one soon! :D Her face sculpt and body are just perfect and I'm so happy. I can't wait to experiment with seeing what other heads look good on the Illua body. More pictures will be coming once I play around with styling her and settle on a "look"!

14. Omg! I got my shipping notice!!! I'm so freakin' excited :dance:D
      She was paid in full on December 2 and shipped Jan 6, not bad! I had also ordered things from Dollmore separately, and requested they be shipped together... but they only updated shipping status on the illua doll :huh?: so we'll see, hopefully it was just because they all get the same tracking#

Also, they ship fast! Within a few hours her tracking is updated on usps ~ she is already at the postal facility in Seoul!

When she gets here, I'll be posting up some comparison pics and I'll be sure to make pictures of the her head before face-up.

Also it looks like I'll be able to make comparison pictures with the dollzone 1/4 BB! I was just about to send her off, when I got the notice... so I asked my girlfriend, and she said I could keep her here to get pics :thumbup

Weeeeee! :cheer And now back to obsessively checking the tracking, lol :abambi:

15. Ohmygosh @ker246 I just saw the pic of your girl :love I'm even more excited about my illua doll after seeing her and reading your review :XD: I look forward to more pics and to comparison pics with your lusion!

16. Yay!! Congrats on the shipping notice! I look forward to seeing pictures of the blank sculpt and am excited to see what her faceup will be! Also thanks so much for remembering the Dollzone body :D

Thanks! I hope you will be as happy as I am when your girl arrives! I think the Illua hands and and chunky limbs are adorable and so similar to the Lusion. They're such fun!

17. The new Illua is so cute.

@ker246 Thanks for your review!
      @Studio404 I also really like the 1/4BB DZ dolls, so I'll also be looking forward to your comparison pictures.

18. :D:D:D
      My Illua doll came in yesterday! She is the Petit Dahlia Chocolat Blanc. I ordered her in normal skin with no faceup. I also ordered for her 2 pairs of shoes (which turned out to be a very good thing, as her feet are huge! ~as was previously mentioned by @nancy_schroeder_ca ), and the princess mohair wig in carrot (which she is wearing in the pictures). The princess mohair wig was a bit loose, so I sewed in a bit of elastic, and now it is perfect.

She arrived packaged very beautifully, I was very happy and impressed while opening her. Also, Dollmore very kindly included a pair of lace underwear in Illua's box, and in with the free gift a pair of socks which fit her as well :aheartbea

Here she was yesterday before I left for work, she is wearing the green eyes Dollmore sent her with:
      [​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Also, apologies in advance for a very long picture heavy post, hopefully it is useful! EDIT: as suggested by @Cloudedmind I will hide the rest of the post behind a spoiler tag because of the large amount of photos... hopefully this works, lol

Today I got to work on comparison pics as promised :3nodding:...
      (A great big thank you to my amazing sweet gf who let me borrow her Dollzone 1/4BB and Baby Delf for a little longer from the other side of the world for comparison pics!)

[​IMG]
      Pictured above left to right, back row: Volks SD10 Nono, Dollmore Illua doll Petit Dahlia, Dollzone 1/4BB Maca, Dollmore Kid boy Ciel. Front row: Latidoll Lati yellow Miel, Angel Fantasy BB elf Koli (yosd).

The following series of photos include left to right: Volks SD10 Nono (ns 2010?), Dollmore Illua doll Petit Dahlia (ns 2017), Dollzone 1/4BB Maca (pink skin 2016), Dollmore Kid boy Ciel (ns 2010)
      [​IMG]
      Feet:
      [​IMG]
      Hands (the Volks (first) hand for this picture is an SD10 oldskin hand):
      [​IMG]

The next series of photos include left to right: Luts Baby Delf Romantic Daisy (ns 2016), Dollmore Illua doll Petit Dahlia (ns 2017), and Dollzone 1/4BB Maca (pink skin 2016)
      Front:
      [​IMG]
      Back:
      [​IMG]
      Feet:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Hands:
      [​IMG]
      Heads:
      [​IMG]
      And finally sitting:
      [​IMG]
      As you can see, they can all make a similar sitting posture. As a side note: the baby delf is able to slouch more because of her torso joint, and Illua can slouch more or arch her back more due to her amazing torso 'ball' joint.

As for the poseability of the knees and elbows the Illua, Baby Delf, and Dollzone 1/4BB are very similar.
      The wrists and ankles are another story altogether...
      -- Illua has the potential for a wide range of motion due to her large ball joints, however in my experience she cannot hold her hands or feet in position very well (sueding might be of a great benifit to Illua's hand and feet poseability).
      -- Baby delf's hand and feet poseability is better, but is still hindered in my opinion by the way her hands and feet hook on - if you bend them too far the elastic comes unhooked and then you have to restring her whole arm or leg, it's a nightmare!
      -- The Dollzone 1/4BB has the widest range of movement and poseability in the wrists and ankles buy far. she can hold just about any pose you put her in.

However that said, I am very happy with Illua doll, she is very beautiful, and I think she is just perfect despite her "flaws".

Also, @ker246 mentioned Illua dolls' light weight. I was curious about this and went ahead and weighed a few of my dolls on a postal scale out of curiosity... Here they are listed heaviest to lightest:
      Volks SD10: 46.6oz
      Dollzone 1/4BB: 35.2oz
      Illua Doll: 34.2oz
      Baby Delf: 28.4oz
      Dollmore Kid boy: 19.8oz

When holding Illua doll she feels like an SD doll to me but surprisingly she weighs less than both the Volks SD10 and the Dollzone 1/4BB

To be continued in next post…
      ^click^ spoiler button to see the rest of post with photos (many comparison photos, and discussion about poseability and doll weight) dolls included are Illua doll, Volks SD10, Dollzone 1/4BB, Luts Baby Delf, Dollmore kid boy (msd), and briefly a yosd size doll, and a lati yellow :p thanks for looking!

#79 Studio404, Jan 12, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    19. Continued from previous post...

Finally as @ker246 and i think one other mentioned ~ hybrids, I did some head swapping just for fun, mostly i think it came out pretty hilarious...
      [​IMG]
      Illua Petit Dahlia swapped with Dollzone 1/4BB Maca
      [​IMG]
      Illua Petit Dahlia swapped with Luts Baby Delf Romantic Daisy
      [​IMG]
      Illua Petit Dahlia swapped with Volks SD10 Nono
      (surprisingly i think this one came out the best :sweat however Volks usually puts the elastic knot in the head, so this was interfering with Dahlia's neck function, and I was too lazy to fix it just for a temporary swap)

Ok, Ok, and this brings my insanely long post to a close, hopefully it was informative and somewhat entertaining! :roll:

I leave you with two last pics of my Illua doll, and promise to be back sometime later with more detailed pictures of her headmold without faceup (I ran out of daylight, curse you winter sun!)

[​IMG]
      Did I mention that my Illua doll came with the most eye putty I have ever seen in a single doll? Her head was FILLED :XD: Above is the giant glob of eye putty removed from her head alongside the eye putty I used in it's place! I changed her eyes to the default grey glass eyes that came with my unidoll UH-21... they are still probably too big, but the color is better for now.
      ^click^ again to see several pictures ~ head swapping Illua with Volks SD10, Dollzone 1/4BB, and Luts Baby Delf. Also included is an anecdote about and picture of the hilariously large amount of eye putty Dollmore shipped in Illua's head!

I leave you with one picture of my girl :3nodding: Thanks again for looking!

[​IMG]
      Here she is sitting in a mess of doll things on my bed. This seems to be her favorite way to sit, many times when I just set her down she naturally crosses her legs like this, or crosses her feet when outstretched. Does anyone else's Illua do this, or something else that seems to give them character?

#80 Studio404, Jan 12, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
Tags: