1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore - Illua Doll Discussion Thread - Part 1

Jul 23, 2016

1. Hi! Sorry this took so long. I tried as best I could but only could do so much in the kinda bad artificial lighting. The lines are much more raised than the photos actually show - some of the lines alternate being raised on one side and then the other, which means the light only creates shadows on one side (so the camera couldn't capture the raised areas for both sides). Personally, I would recommend paying for sanding service. I think it's worth it for $60 unless you have multiple grains of sandpaper and a filtration mask (I use 300 for really rough seams, then 700, then 1000 for finishing).

Here is a link to my flickr album with 4 seam line photos, and some height comparisons:
      === click here ===

As promised, here is an image of my Lusion and Illua together! I haven't done facial comparison pics yet because the current eyes I have in my Lusion really don't photograph well, so I'll need to change her eyes to the blue ones before taking more pictures.

[​IMG]

#101 ker246, Jan 17, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    2. Thank you ker246. I had big Lusion at one time and I remember those seams. They will be covered so I am not going to sweat it. I paid her off just this morning, so I guess the wait is on. :)

3. Congrats on paying her off! That's exciting.

4. [​IMG] [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#104 loveusps, Feb 8, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    5. [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. Your girl looks STUNNING!

8. I got my girl a little while ago, but I've been posting mostly on facebook. But here is my wonderful girl Isabella.

[​IMG]

9. I love the pastel colors! That wig looks so great on her!

10. I really like the illua dolls. More companies should make mini versions of their larger more expensive dolls. I hope dollmore decides to start selling illua heads individually, as they do Lusion heads. It's convenient for those who like doing faceups but can't afford more than one body.

11. @fairygirl Have you heard anything updates for your Renoir girl? I've been eyeing her on the site and am dying to see in-person photos of her!

12. Mine has at least another month to go before shipping. I am really awful at waiting :(

13. The waiting is the hardest part! I usually spend the waiting time looking at clothing and new eyes/wigs for an arriving doll :lol:

14. Heya! Can someone measure the shoulder width of their girl with the arms in? I know dollmore has the measurements up, but I don't know if it with or without the arms :sweat

15. I'm glad Dollmore has released a mini Daish doll called "Tell me more Petite Daish"
      Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more
      I hope that Dolmore also releases a cheaper Daish doll with an optional faceup, similar to "Petite Dahlia Chocolat blanc" and "Petite Dahlia Chocolat noir" I like Daish's face a little more than Dahlia's, though I think both are cute. Which sculpt do you like more?

16. Yep...I saw her a few days ago when she released, glad they are making other sculpts in the Illua line will be cool to see what sets they come up with in the future, though a basic option would be nice as well for those that don't like the clothing sets. I would prefer the Dahlia Chocolat blanc faceup as well, wish they would do custom faceups, but I already asked and they said they couldn't do the same faceup as dahlia. :( I personally like the basic sets because I typically make my own clothing for my dolls and their fullset just sit in there boxes, this is the case for all of my Trinities. And I suck at faceups..lol..so faceup option would be a plus.

17. Yes, the full sets usually sit in the box here too! I do like Chocolat blanc's outfit and she does wear it! I usually buy when I see a faceup I like. Maybe we should ask for a release in a simple summer dress. I think I may wait for Lillia.

18. There are a few Trinities I wish I had waited for because I like the faceups on them more than the ones I have..lol. My Fav faceups: Lumie Schlierenist, Cream Voler klaire, hmmm and Sugar Amnesia Elysia. If only you could send the heads back to Dollmore for custom faceups..lol.

19. I really like Daish's victorian outfit but, I'd rather do my own faceup and I'd settle for some less fancy clothes, if it meant the doll was less expensive. Eventually, I'd like to learn how to sew an outfit that nice.

20. Hey all! I just got my Illua body with a Kori White head from Dollmore. I had to mod the neck so her head would fit, but I'm super happy with how she turned out! There's a difference in resin color, likely because the Kori White fullsets didn't sell at all and they've just been sitting there for years. It doesn't bother me, once I give her a faceup she'll match.

So here's Noa, dressed for school with some temporary eyes. :)

[​IMG]

Tags: