1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore - Illua Doll Discussion Thread - Part 1

Jul 23, 2016

1. I really like the proportions that head has with that body. I recently got a big lusion and now my Isabella looks so small in comparison!

[​IMG]

2. Hi everyone, sorry I disappeared for a bit... I was moving across the country, and my dollies were all packed up:atremblin so I couldn't play with them or take pictures...

@loveusps it seems you already got your answer about the seem lines, sorry I went MIA! I can provide pics if anyone wants... But my seem lines are pretty similar to the pics @ker246 provided ;)

Also, my gf ordered a Renoir blue coat dahlia, and has a few pics of her up in different clothing (mostly volks sd clothes) and wigs (btw, she reports that msd volks wigs fit really well!) on instagram... look under the hashtag dollmoreilluadoll on ig. I'll ask her if I can post some of the other pics she sent to me here as well!

Otherwise hope everyone has been well! Here is my girl in a simple dress and socks I made... And bonus comparison with volks msd :whee:
      [​IMG]
      P.s. let me know if that pic comes out too big, I've had to find a new method of getting the links from Flickr *_*

3. Also, @AlmySidaKay love your comparison pic, is that lusion alice? And your illua's saddle shoes are to die for :love do you mind sharing where you got them?

4. Yes she's an Alice. :D Second... I wish I could I got them at a doll meet ages ago for almost nothing if I remember correctly because they were so chunky for being like SD boy shoes. I'm sorry I can't help more than that on those. >.<

5. Which Lusion sculpts and clothes would you like to see in Illua doll size? It's going to be a while before I buy another doll but, I'd like to see a mini Elenoir and a Royal Floraison outfit.

6. hello! I just ordered a chocolat blanc Dahlia! does anyone have clothing suggestions that would fit her? :)

7. The illua doll's hands seem a little big so I'm wondering how difficult it is to fit clothes over her hands. Do you ever need to take them off to put clothes on?

8. @Allie27 I have a few blouses from volks that fit my illua girl... the one's with snaps on the sleeves fit fine, and the one without is very snug going over the hands... I ended up making a "flamingo" out of miliput to remove her hands (I made a few different versions since I didn't know what would work, which was good, as the thinner ones broke straight away!) But I have one that works like a charm for removing her hands! I think if I make another batch I will reinforce it/them with a wire base.
      But anyways, I haven't found it necessary to remove her hands yet, but the flamingo makes it easier for certain items (an probably saves the clothes too!)

9. @jamie5m I have found that volks sd blouses, cardigans, skirts, and dresses mostly fit very well! Depending on the items, the sleeves can be a bit snug, or the waistbands are a bit loose and may need a pin. I have a dd size skirt from dollheart which fits perfectly for her small waist, and I also have an sd blouse from rrabbit that fits well... sd17 shoes also fit, but certain styles look ridiculously huge - so that will be trial and error! Most sd socks will stretch.
      Also, my girlfriend discovered that volks sdm wigs fit very well. That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there are lots of other things that would fit ;)

10. Thank you.

11. my Illua was shipped yesterday the day after I finished payments and she is already in Canada today! I am freaking out I am so excited guys!

12. I'm having trouble accessing the link that shows Illua with an Alexia. I can open Illua with Lusion but not Alexia. Does anyone have any advice? I'd like to know if they could possibly work out as sisters. Thanks for any help

13. What do you think of the quality of the illua clothing that you can buy individually from Dollmore? How do you think those dresses compare to the ones that come with Chocolat noir and Chocolat blanc?

14. Hi everyone! Sorry I disappeared for over a year. Life got in the way and I hadn't done anything with my dolls in ages. I'm glad to see the thread still alive :cheer Welcome to all the new Illua fans!!

@jamie - Congratulations on your Illua being shipped! Definitely post pics once she arrives!! :D

@bajib - Are you still unable to view the image? I was able to access the link on my phone and could direct message you a screenshot of the image if you'd like? It shows the Illua as just a little bit taller than Alexia.

@Allie27 - I haven't bought any of the non-limited Illua size clothing from Dollmore yet but I do own Lusion sized Dollmore clothes, and personally think the default limited set that came with my Chocolate Blanc Illua is on par with my Lusion Dahlia Royal Floraison limited set, which is to say it's far above the quality of the standard non-limited outfits you can find on the site. Dollmore tends to have much more detailed outfits for limited sets that have nicer quality fabrics and better craftsmanship. On an unrelated note, I have actually found that 1/3 size tops from other brands can fit my Illua well, so I don't think the Illua body will limit you too much in terms of available choices if that is a concern.

@Studio404 - I just looked up the #dollmoreilluadoll pics your girlfriend uploaded and I'm dying at how pretty the Renoir Illua is as a brunette! Noooo now I feel like I need one too :love

Today I decided to re-dress my girl!

[​IMG]

#134 ker246, Jun 24, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    15. Thank you, ker246. Where did you get the outfit in your photo? Your doll looks very pretty in it.

16. Thank you! All her clothes are from Rrabit in 1/3 size. It's a bit difficult getting skirts on to the wide Illua hips but then they fit very loosely around her tiny waist :lol:

Just for fun I decided to play with the "add to cart option" on some of the different Illua dolls. It looks like the following quantities remain:
      22 - Chocolat Noir Dahlia LE40
      15 - Chocolate Blanc Dahlia LE40
      9 - Bonbon a la menthe Dahlia LE10
      8 - Le bonbon noir Dahlia LE10
      8 - Mosaic Clown Dahlia LE10
      8 - Ribbon Candy: Black Dahlia LE10
      7 - Ribbon Candy: Pink Dahlia LE10
      7 - Be my heart Dahlia LE10
      4 - Renoir's Blue Coat Dahlia LE10

8 - Be my heart Daish LE10
      7 - Tell me more Daish LE10

17. @bajib - Are you still unable to view the image? I was able to access the link on my phone and could direct message you a screenshot of the image if you'd like? It shows the Illua as just a little bit taller than Alexia.

That would be really helpful :) I also appreciate the update numbers remaining. I REALLY want a Tell Me More Daish to go with my Star Daudets Alexia if they look OK together. If there are still 7 left, I may be able to.

18. The Petit Daish models don't seem to be going too fast so I think you'll be alright if you wait! Daish is actually my favorite Dollmore face sculpt. I so badly want the Be my heart Daish to go with my Illua Dahlia but need to save up for the Lusion Daish I want first haha

Let me see if hotlinking the photobucket image works:
      [​IMG]

19. Thank you so much for the photo. It is exactly what I needed to see! I wonder if since the Alexia and Illua bodies seem pretty similar in size if their discussion threads couldn't be combined like some of the other similar sizes are doing?

20. I noticed that Dollmore is planning to sell 3 sets of a limited illua doll outfit individually:
      Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more
      I hope Dollmore eventually decides to sell all the limited outfits individually on a regular basis. My favourite outfits are "Tell me more Daish", Renoir's Blue Coat" and "Ribbon Candy"

Tags: