1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Judith Girls discussion part 1

Dec 31, 2010

1. @Kielin - How exactly did you lace yours? From your photobucket pic it looks like you tied it in the middle, but did you start at the top and leave the bottom unlaced or was it the other way around? I'll have to try that. I got my girl into a better position during this last round of photos (with the red wig). I pretty much forced her torso to bend and the corset bent with her. Maybe it will relax in time.

Don't know if you noticed, but you can pull on the red ribbons in the lace channel on the flowered skirt and they'll gather the sides. There's a price to pay for the extra poufiness, however: two more bows to tie!

My girl will keep the red wig. It's from LeekeWorld/DollGa and the color is called dark carrot. Frankly, I've never seen a carrot that color.:lol:

Congrats on finally picking up your Scents of a Rose Zinna!

2. I laced it like I lace my own corsets. Without the shawl thing under it, it was actually sitting just about right.
      Here's how to lace it.
      http://corsets.matazone.co.uk/images/how-to-lace-a-corset/how-to-lace-a-corset.gif
      That seems to be a good guide all in one image. **And yeah, don't worry about having the right distance in the back like it says. It's actually really tight to her body, so you don't see anything under the ribbon. If you pull hard enough.

Here's how you want to tie it off. Just worry about #11-14.
      How to Lace Your Corset
      If your fingers aren't going to do that, I tied it in a regular knot, then did the kind of knot you do on the doll's elastic, not sure what it's called.

Yeah, I just didn't feel like tying more bows at 1 am. xD

I know there are purple carrots. Not sure about red. It's really pretty though. <3

#882 Kielin, Jul 15, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    3. Thanks for the references. The first image looked simple and easy to understand; the second was confusing despite multiple images. I think what threw me in the second was the lack of any ribbon ends in the diagrams. I can see doing this on a doll if you use two lengths of ribbon: one that starts at the top and one that starts at the bottom so that they meet in the middle. That way you can cinch the waist as tight as you want.

4. It doesn't have any actual ends. You want to lace it loose and knot it right at the bottom, and hide that knot behind the grommet. So your 'ends' are going to be the loops in the middle.
      Here's a good video.
      Definitely easier on dolls! xD

5. I thought about it after I posted and it occurred to me that there must be a hidden knot in there.;)

The video was very instructive--actually better than looking at the illustrations in the previous links. I'm only glad I never got into Steampunk cosplay, because I'd never squeeze myself into something like that!:whee:

6. Yeah. It keeps everything in place better, and looking nicer.

This is how I have mine. IMG_1054.JPG
      I would have hidden the knot behind, but my hands didn't want to try that that late at night. xD
      I gotta get it more even at some point, but it's hot this time of year and I don't want to deal with much at this point.

And, it's not that bad. I don't tight lace. I even have asthma and I don't have problems breathing in them, but I don't lace them much past snug. It's just nice not having fat bulges.

7. Definitely going to relace my girl's corset to tie in the middle. It's not so hot here, so maybe it won't try my patience too much. I'll take a pic when I get it done.

8. Lol, yeah, it's just insane right now here. 110F+, too hot.
      Been having to wait on painting my other Judith, cause I can't stand being out of the bedroom. xD

9. Dollmore has listed the two Beginning of War Judiths: one Zinna and one Tara. I love the face-ups, but have no use for the outfits. (And you'd think they could have finished the hats so as not to show a bunch of stray metallic threads on the forehead.) Luckily I have no doll money at the moment, or I could find an excuse to buy the doll and sell the clothing.

10. Oh wow, I love the new Zinna's outfit ;u;

11. Oooh, yeah. The face-up is nice. I don't like those eyes with it though. But the outfit is ugly, yeah.

12. #892 kurtik, Feb 21, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    13. Been a few months since Zinna posts... :kitty2 the kitsune kitty

[​IMG]

14. Very pretty outfit, @stellarphenomena! I love the Asian fabric. Did you make it?

15. vermont chick: Thanks. No, I bought it, it's Luts!

16. Was it MSD size? I always worry clothing that size won't fit Judith's bust. I wish Dollmore would sell clothing made for Judith girls. Sometimes I just need a break from the limited outfits that came with the dolls.

17. vermont chick: Yes, MSD size. I figured because of the kimono style/apron piece on top it would be fine, but I can tell Zinna filled out the material more than most dolls would! I usually just try all my MSD clothes on her some work just fine. Previously she was in a stretchy tank top and jeans.

[​IMG]

18. #898 kurtik, Jan 20, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    19. Thank you! This is a converted Dollmore outfit of Model doll.