1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Kid discussion part 4

Oct 3, 2016

1. But if you have all four, wouldn't it be kind of sad to let her go?

I know from some experience, sometimes you really feel like maybe you should let a doll go. Then later regretting it :sweat

I had the Asha one, but ended up selling her. I have had a few Dollmore Kids I no longer own. I really love Dollmore Kids, but I want every one of them to give me that feeling that this doll is "the one", and that they have a forever place here. I guess it's a bit tricky if you don't quite feel that about you girl though.

I have the Dollpire Kid Boy - Deadliness Scar Shiloh, and I'm currently waiting for a Moon Spirit Elf Zinna head, different face-up though, and that I will eventually place on a boy body. That makes it three Dollmore Kid elves for me. I know one of them is a vampire, but to me he's a darker kind of elf XD

I do have a Torrie boy in ws on my wishlist, but if it's just to add anothe Dollmore Kid elf to the group, then I'm not so sure if I should. I think I'll need to see lots more of Torrie owner pics before deciding!

2. heizel and snow have found their way onto my wishlist but it'll be a while til I can afford them lol. What's the dollmore boy body like? They appear to have two of them on their website, one that looks like the girl body but with a modified chest and another that's more a typical msd boy body shape. It confuses me.

3. I know the feeling of really wanting to order some dolls but but not having the money for it for who knows how long :sweat I'm dealing with that now as well but were at least able to order the Noon Spirit Elf Zinna head. Heizle and Snow are some really cool sculpts :3nodding:

I like the body, a bit kicky in their single jointed legs. But there are ways to deal with that, like wiring the inside. I've never wired any doll before though, but I know it can be done with the kicky ones XD To me the posability of a doll isn't as important. I'm a face sculpt kind of person. If I really like a face I'll get the doll no matter the body!

I have 5 girls, one of the girls is in my doll shelf as I try to figure her out, but only 2 boys. But I actually never undressed both boys to compare, so I have no idea if both have the same body or not. One of the boys is an older discontinued Aidan, the other Shiloh boy probably got the big thigh body.

Gotta check:)

4. [​IMG]Aidan and Shiloh by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

My current two boys Aidan and Shiloh :)

I weren't able to see any difference between their bodies, so I guess they both have the same body, or I'm just blind :sweat

Aidan is the most colorful doll character I've ever had, but I've been thinking maybe it's time for a makeover of his style! His Aidan twin sister is the one stored away in the shelf for now. They look as different in style as day and night, which is why I'd like to give them a more twin like style. Would be nice with some new faceups that also makes them look more like twins. But for that I'd have to send both away to get painted, I hate having to send my dolls off in the mail :eek:

5. Shiloh is such a cool colour! Is it as blue in real life?

6. His blue skin is a tricky one as it seem to show a bit different from picture to picture. I'm not sure I've been able to capture his real color in any!

[​IMG]Shiloh by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

This is how he look in another picture XD I'm using my iPad Pro to take pictures, and the pictures often does not look as good. Kind of grainy and bad quality, but could also be I do not have the best light sourse!

His color irl is really cool though, but even then I probably would have a bit problem see it properly because of my bad eyes :sweat

7. Marnie had a biiig look upgrade! I cut off most of her hair, i think she really loves it. I also made her some eyes.

I still need to body blush her and give some freckles on the body so apologies that it looks kinda off xD
      [​IMG]

8. What a unique look you’ve given this girl! She’s truly wonderful and so full of character now. Those freckles are amazing!:)

9. [​IMG]20122022 by Tori Lee, on Flickr

Did some Christmas photos and liked this one the most.

10. She's so cute and cosy looking! Well done!

11. She looks beautiful! Such a lovely holiday photo. :treecookie:hollyberry:candycane

(I have an Asha, too. I love the classic Dollmore sculpts. <3)

12. Hello!
      I think I have the right thread, my apologies if I don't.

I'm thinking of getting Ballerina Kid - Count The Rest Thing Sophie and Dollpire - Be My Bride: Shiloh. Does anyone have either of these? I'm curious to know/see what you've done with them. I always see the fullset and can't fathom what to do with them outside of that.

Or anything you think I need to know before I really consider getting them.

13. I don't find either one of them available now. i do find Sophie's outfit in the Kid clothes section but if she is sold out, the outfit may be also. i like my ballerinas though my tastes don't match with yours. The Kid clothes fit them and there are fourteen pages of outfits. You might find something there that you like.

14. Where are you seeing they're unavailable? I can still purchase them from the website. Or did you mean the outfits?

15. I am getting strange results from the Dollmore website! If I search for her I do find her, but she's not showing up on the ballerina page!

16. Has anyone had any luck with requesting specific heads in tan from Dollmore? This year I would love to acquire my second Dollmore boy, but at some point decided that I'm going to make him a twin to a tan Luts Kid Delf Bory and put them both on Luts bodies. I know Dollmore regularly offers a tan Pado girl & boy, but I would really just want the head for my ~twins~ scenario. Just thought I would check in here before messaging Dollmore!

17. I got a Dollmore Kid Roo in white skin from my random head box and I'm in love! :aheartbea I just need to find her a body. For some strange reason they haven't listed standalone kid bodies for sale in anything other than normal skin, but I'm wondering if I even wanted a Dollmore body for her after looking around. Does anyone know if LUTS has a decent color match to slightly-aged Dollmore white skin? Or any other companies that come to mind?

18. I think if you messaged Dollmire about your problem, I think they might list the body for you.

19. I was wondering if anyone had taken the plunge on the mystery heads. I've been tempted on and off but keep telling myself I don't NEED random mystery heads. But I also find it wierd there's like.. nobody talking about them/getting them. Like come on! let me live vicariously through other people's surprises lol.

20. I just heard back from their Q&A section and Dollmore Abby linked me to the Girl, Boy, & Ballerina bodies that all had a drop-down menu where I could select white skin; I then navigated to the pages without the provided links and it looks like the skin options have been restored? Odd.

I got one, though I'm not sure if it counts as truly random; I took a chance and put a request in the comments/notes of my order for a Roo, if they had one or could do that. Sure enough, I received a Roo in white skin; I don't know if it was because they'd honored that or if I just got lucky. Hopefully I didn't need to keep that under my hat! :eusa_sile I'm tempted to put in another order and not say anything to see what I get...

There's a disclaimer that they're more-than-likely discolored from aging while in storage (which is why I presume they couldn't just sell them as new dolls), but I don't currently have new white Dollmore resin to compare it to and see how much so. I spoke to one other person who'd purchased two heads for faceup practice and they noted that one of the heads had some roughness around one eye socket that they had to smooth out with sandpaper. They didn't consider it much of an issue and were satisfied enough to purchase more.

Tags: