1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Kid discussion part 4

Oct 3, 2016

1. Does someone here have a doll with Dollmore ballerina body? Because I do and the legs are making me insane. >___> There are round extra parts where legs are attached to the hip. I have no idea how to position them correctly, so my doll's legs just do what ever they want. Does someone have this body and have you tried how the doll works without those parts? Or do you have some tips on how to deal with this?

2. Hi :kitty2 I have to go to bed soon so I can't do it right now. But as soon as I can, I'll repost some of the old pictures I did of the body and how I have posed her, to my Flickr.

The body takes some time getting used to. But once I got used to it, it made me love her and how her body is sculpted more. I ordered my Ballet Zinna when they were first released. I have to admit I didn't know for a while what to think of the body. But once I started to think about that this is how her joints have to look in order for her to be able to do the ballet poses, I grew to really love her!

3. I agree - Dollzone and Dollmore are two of the companies that I wish could keep ALL of their sculpts, regardless of age.

I have two Pados, and they are absolutely amazing. I have one in white and one in suntan. The Pado sculpt is so expressive. I'll try to upload some photos soon so I can post them to the thread.

4. Yes also Dollzone. I also really miss the old Iplehouse sculpts. I'd love to see more Pado pictures :) I still haven't gotten around to order a Pado yet. I have to get my tanned IH SID F. Oscar ordered first.

5. Just dropping in with a picture of my boys, who FINALLY arrived on 29 March after what seemed -- for Dollmore, at least -- to be an exceptionally long production period.
      [​IMG]
      Tyler & Michael
      by Sapphire, on Flickr

Tyler (on the left) is a Heizle/Hazel boy and Michael (on the right) is a Chloe boy.

6. They are so cute :chibi To bad the Dollmore thread are so quiet when the dolls are so beautiful... I miss the day back when the thread were more active.

7. Thank you! Yeah, all the Dollmore threads don't seem to be all that active. It's too bad, because there are some really beautiful Dollmore dolls out there.

Here's another pic of little Tyler. This is the wig he came with, and it's completely out of control:XD: I think I'm going to try to condition it. I'd really like to get him a better wig at some point, but this one works for now.

[​IMG]
      "Whatever it is, I didn't do it!"
      by Sapphire, on Flickr

8. I'm back in the hobby again hopefully I'll be able to post my Dollmore boys soon! I've been living with inlaws since early 2016 so my doll hobby has been living in storage. Can't wait to show my boys here.

Hooray for more DM kids! I haven't fallen in love with any of the new sculpts (my taste seems to be stuck when I first got in the hobby) but I'm happy to see more of them!

9. Thanks for the side by side picture of Tyler and Michael! I have have been looking at both sculpts!

10. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time. I'd definitely get some of the dolls I didn't get then. I miss how it used to be on this thread with all the older sculpts. It was so much more active here too. The new sculpts are beautiful, but the old were the best in my opinion. But happy when-ever I see some activity here :3nodding:

@queen_margaret_anne glad to see you're back again :)

#71 manabusama, Jul 31, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    11. I'm glad to be back but I feel like such an old timer! I'll try to liven up this thread once I'm settled, DM kids have always captured my heart. I'm also partial to the older sculpts. I'm hoping that some will pop up on the marketplace and I can snag a few more kids.

12. im going to be reunited with my dollmore renee come new year! he was my first doll, but he's sitting in storage rn because i had to move out and couldn't take much with me. i'm very excited to have him back, especially since it marks the official Return To the Hobby ^^

that being said, i do have a question. where do you like to buy clothes for your DMK? aside from the dollmore site, of course. usually i prefer buying stuff from individual makers (i tend to like those clothes better), but most of what i see around now is marked 'slim msd' and i'm nervous it won't fit my boy. new pants are sort of out of the question for now because of those thunder thighs, but i'd at least like to get him some sweaters or something when i get him back. i've heard minifee stuff can fit - is that true?

thank you!

13. Congrats! I never had a boy, but my girl used to share clothes with my BlueFairy doll. Sometimes “slim mini” just means not as thick as a Volks MSD, so slim mini could refer to dollmore and bluefairy. There is so much variety now though I agree it’s a real challenge to get something in the right size. I have a spreadsheet with the measurements of all the dolls I have and a ton of others that are close so that when I shop for clothes I know what might fit.

14. I had been trying to find a dreamy eyed girl for months and then I happened to stumble upon Roo... I've been eyeing her ever since.

The reason I have not ordered yet, is because I like a more mature body and I have never hybrided a doll before and for me, resin match is a must and I have to find the perfect body. The thing is though, I love all the options dollmore offers with the ballet and geta feet and those dollpire long nail hands that you rarely see on a MSD size. Ugh, what a dilemma I have.

15. Renee, another one of their sculpts that I'm sad got discontinued :( I have one too on a ballet girl body.

I've ordered a lot from Alice's collections that fit. I do believe it should be fairly safe to order most stuff from them, and they have a lot to choose from. Shirts and tops should be fine. I haven't yet experienced any boy shirts and tops being too small. I don't think that looser pants like sweatpants and harempants should be a problem. But I'm not sure how well all their jeans fit. But I bought a pair of brown ripped jean like pants once. And they fit my boy. They are skinny jeans, but still got them on.

[​IMG]IMG_3030 by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

I guess shoes should be fine as well. But a lot of the girl shoes does not fit either Dollmore Kids of Kid Delfs.

And since Dollmore Kids and Kid Delfs are pretty similar in size, I think Luts clothes and shoes should fit. I do have a couple of things from Luts that fit. My Dollmore Vian girl have clothes and shoes from Luts.

16. I haven't ordered much from Dollmore for a long time. But this BJD company will always have a special place in my heart. This is the only company that gives me this nostalgic feeling. Like I could never stop being a Dollmore fan. Even if I have no plans to order anything I still find myself visiting their site just to see what's new.

I'm itching real bad to go looking around their site just now :whee:

17. @skyealloway and @manabusama thank you both so much! i'll probably order from alice collections sometime soon then, i do like their selection and also need to get another doll stand from them anyway.

i havent ordered from dollmore in a long time either, but i agree, it's nostalgic just to look ^^ staring longingly at all those dolls is what cemented my interest in bjds in the beginning, so i can't help but love them. they're usually the site i check first for anything, even if i don't think i'll find it there, haha.

18. [​IMG]IMG_9415_zpsa3073931 by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

Sorry for posting this again, but I only have 2 pictures of her I think.

Allthough I have my new Snow Blossom Vian, I'll never stop missing my old ns Vian (vanilla). Biggest mistake I've ever done in this hobby were to sell her :( I'm very happy with my new Vian but I'm thinking of re-creating my old Vian character with my new Vian girl. Just hope I'll be able to find a white pair of horns like that.

Tags: