1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Kid discussion part 4

Oct 3, 2016

1. Wow, good to know, @ophelia, thanks for the info! Your girl is so sweet, and @manabusama , yours looks mischievous :3nodding::lol:

2. Thanks, and your girl are so cute too :) Are you sure?! I mean that would have been awesome! I really wanted U-jee and Calvin. And I loved Isaac with the cat like look. I was a bit bummed when the sculpt got discontinued.

Hehe, yeah she does :kitty1

#83 manabusama, Dec 25, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    3. I couldn't believe my own eyes, but if you follow the link, there it is. You can add a head to your shopping cart and specify whether or not you want a faceup for it. I too feel nostalgic for the older sculpts, but I already have too many dolls. :doh

4. I klicked the link but all I could think was, "is this for real?! What if it's some kind of mistake and there are no old head sculpts available for order?"

I see that it says they sell other kid doll heads except from the ones shown in the photo. And that Isaac, Aidan, U-jee and Calvin are shown in the pictures, But still I'm a bit confused about this, I thought they did not have the old sculpts anymore and that @VampireAngel13 bought the last U-jee that they had. Maybe I'm mistaken :?

But I've asked DM about it on the Q&A board just to be on the safe side. Just have to wait for the answer.

5. You're right about the wording. I'm sorry about the confusion, and I hope I haven't led you on a wild goose chase. Please tell us what you hear. I was very intrigued by this offering of older sculpts.

6. Don't worry about it :) I just thought it were best asking DM about it to be on the safe side. But when they say you can ask for other sculpts than what is shown in the pictures, and 4 of the old sculpts are shown, it also made me think the same. But a part of me also had to wonder if there were some kind of mistake.

But if it turns out that the old sculpts are uavailable, I wish they would update their pictures and be a bit clearer about what they mean with other sculpts. Having pictures of older sculpts if it turns out they are not availble are a bit misleading misleading:sweat

#88 manabusama, Dec 26, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    7. @ophelia I got answer from DM, and sadly the old sculpts are not available as they have not kept them.

But I expected that, so don't worry you did not send me on a wild goose chase or anything. I just felt like investigating a bit :lol: Of course I wish the old sculpts were available, but I had a feeling something had to be wrong. It's definitely misleading that they still show the old sculpts in the pictures. I think they should update the pictures to avoid any confusion.

8. Oh, yeah, I wish they would update those photos. I think that was wishful thinking on my part. I am such a fan of their sculpts. Some have come and gone without me being aware or at a time when I could spend the money. Hope you can find your dream dolls on the secondhand market.

To that end, for anybody thinking about a Flocke, I saw this notice in an auction from Dollmore's eBay store when I was doing some more investigation.

We have few yellowed kids doll head flocke in normal skin color

and decided to sell them in 30% off price.

If you are interested in this head, we suggest you buy it asap.

We plan to end to sell it after selling out this head.

All purchase of this head is final.

This makes me think if anyone wants a Flocke, you better get your Flocke now. :apresent:

9. Flocke is really adorable but I've never had any plans of getting her. That just reminded me of another sculpt I was a bit sad to see go, the Joshua sculpt. Some sculpts have to be discontinued in order to make room for new sculpts. That's just how it is.

But there are many future sculpts to look forward to. We mustn't forget that the newer sculpts are just as awesome! I love how the Latte sculpt stand out a bit from any other sculpts they've done. I love dolls that have an unique look. That's why I got a Ciel girl, they look like angels from old paintings :)

I have an own little shelf especially for my Dollmore Kids. I do have room for a couple more but, I have to be careful with which sculpts I choose. I have 4 kids in normal skin and 1 in snow blossom skin. 4 are girls and 1 is a boy. So my next kid have to be a boy, and tanned skin. I'm thinking of maybe getting a sleepy eyes suntan Pado.

#91 manabusama, Dec 26, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    10. I don't often check out the MP. I had no plans to get another Dollmore Kid just quite yet, but yesterday I felt like checking out if there were any of the older kid sculpts for sale. And I found a Rosee Asha. She's so beautiful I couldn't help but contact the seller, and she's still available :3nodding:

I'm really excited about this find, I've never seen the old kid body before. She have had 3 other owners before me. But I'll be the last! There are some damage to the face-up and body blushing so I'm thinking of giving her a new start, sending her off to get de-yellowed and get a new face-up. And I put together the cutest kawaii peach and freckle face-up for her :chibi

11. You all are inspiring me to take fresh pics of my kids! I haven't pulled them out in a while :dohSomebody on an SD thread was talking about urning their msd into a hobbit, and now I'm so inspired! Especially since we've started playing d&d at home, LOL. Halflings i should call them!

12. @manabusama what good news. I can't wait to see your new Dollmore Kid Rosee Asha. She is such a beautiful sculpt. I love seeing older dolls get a new life.

@IngieBee I hope you will do that. I think Dollmore Kids would make excellent hobbits.

A while back, I dressed up my Flocke as Kira from The Dark Crystal (with very makeshift supplies), and she actually looked quite a bit like Kira (I made an auburn fur wig into Fizzgig), but without the Gelfling ears. Now I'm thinking of reviving that project. <3

13. @IngieBee It would be cool to see some of your Dollmore Kids again :) And hobbits and dwarf characters are so much fun. I'd love to have some hobbit like characters myself for my Iple family. Some characters who look just like normal sized humans only that they are MSD size.

I want to take pictures too, good ones that aren't dark and grainy. Been using my old iPad to take pictures for a long time now, and it doesn't take very good pictures. I really should have bought a new digital camera long time ago, but a couple of BJDs got in the way. And now I have to prioritize getting an iPad Pro 12.9 and an Apple Pencil for my drawing and gaming hobby. I've been wanting to get it since the new and bigger iPad first were released. Current BJD plans have been put on the shelf for a little while so I can focus on the iPad, except from the Rosee Asha.

@ophelia She's going to be put on hold until January the 20th. I love old yellowed resin depending on the character. But I think that for her it's best that she get de-yellowed as much as it's possible. It'll look better with the face-up that I want for her.

14. Thanks @ophelia , I'll try as soon as I can :P

@manabusama I also only have a cell phone camera. It does a pretty good job except in bad light :vein In stead of more dolls, my goal now is to get a good camera! Can't wait to see your Rosee Asha too!

15. I find my Samsung S7 phone takes much better pictures than my old digital camera!

16. I definitely should get a new camera after I've gotten my iPad Pro. I'm tired of the grainy dark pictures, The pictures re bad even in good light... But Asha, she's worth getting before the ipad and camera.

@nancy_schroeder_ca I got a Samsung A5 2016. The pictures are pretty grainy on that one I think.

17. @manabusama is that a galaxy tablet? I sometimes try putting my phone on my knee or something to help steady it. My phone does have flash, but if there isn't enough light to get the focus before the flash, it's still fuzzy. Very frustrating. In the old days, I had a manual camera (with film) where I did the focusing and I like that. I wonder if I can find a DSLR that will let me take control? I don't need the latest and greatest, I need macro and zoom and the ability to control exposure and aperture, etc.... like my old camera, and I'll be happy !!!

18. @IngieBee I use a Canon Rebel T3i DSLR that offers those features. It's several years old now. I use it for all of my picture-taking (even taking pictures of my meal in restaurants, when I dare). If you get a DSLR I recommend a telephoto lens that corrects for camera shake because it allows you to isolate your subject, blurring the background, and you can get by without using a tripod in many cases.

You might also look into a smartphone or tablet mini-tripod to give you more control and prevent camera shake.

Tags: